Haute Polish One Step Gel Nail System TSV 02/05/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am really tempted by this. I quite like the supplied colours too. I had a look on the QVC US site but could only find Mally Gel system. But do I really need it ????

You could be right Sally that it is the 4 layers that are protecting our nails. I reckon we can use the Haute Polish with the RCM lamp. When I see a colour I like in HP I'll buy it to try because it would be nice to sometimes only have to paint on one coat.
BTW I changed my nail colour yesterday lunch time and one nail had peeled by 7pm so I just redid it and now its fine. I'm using the cheap range from ebay Bluesky I pay £4.80 and free postage but have experienced the same one nail peel with RCM polish.

The guest presenter showing it is the same woman who does the airbrush makeup system on Ideal World

I too am really tempted to buy this ... I watched the 8 am show and it does look really good. I am battling hard with my QVC addiction ... do I really need this? Is it really as good as it looks? Will it damage my nails? I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks and the thought of doing my nails with a gel system before I go and having them look perfect the whole time I am away is very appealling:thinking:

I too am really tempted to buy this ... I watched the 8 am show and it does look really good. I am battling hard with my QVC addiction ... do I really need this? Is it really as good as it looks? Will it damage my nails? I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks and the thought of doing my nails with a gel system before I go and having them look perfect the whole time I am away is very appealling:thinking:

I wouldn't go on holiday having just had a new nail gel system applied to my nails because the products seem to be more successful on some people's nails than others. I have just managed 14 days on holiday with the Red Carpet manicure system but I had to glue the gel on one nail back in place once.

Often these days the discount on the TSV is only a £5 saving (once the intro price is applied the following week) so don't pressurise yourself to buy today.
If I was you ,I would wait to see what the reviews are like on the Haute Polish system and then consider buying it. Haute Polish does seem to have the big advantage over the RCM in that it only needs one coat instead of the 4 coats needed by the RCM system.

Often the TSV then goes to introductory price and then easy pay so give yourself time to decide if you want a gel nail system and also which one you want.

I'm tempted because you don't need to waste the time with the top & base coats - but to be honest the RCM doesn't REALLY take much longer does it ? and on that basis I can't justify £65 for something I already have ..... so unless they come up with some exciting colours (I'm talking blues / greens etc here ) I'll be giving it a miss.

I agree with Sall Mc that it's purely the extra protection of the gel varnish that helps your nails grow longer and stronger - so don't think that RCM / Haute / shellac have any advantage over one another - they all give the same gel strength to your nails.

The presenter has now said she put on 4 coats of the polish - so that makes it take the same time as RCM ?

Well I have decided after watching the Morning Show presentation.

It's a NOPE!! :doh:

The guest has 4 coats on to get the nice colour!!

So thats going to be no quicker than RCM in the end, if you want a good coverage.

My honeymoon cruise Shellac is 2 weeks old now and a fabulous colour with just one coat of colour, deep but bright red, gorgeous!!

I do like the look of the Haute removal pockets though.

Had to laugh at the prnounciation........Haute is "HOT" according to their website, when Kathy called it "OAT", the guest looked a tad confused! :happy:

I was just typing the same thing!!

And Kathy quoted £99 elsewhere online but that with 5 coours, didnt mention that.

The presenter has now said she put on 4 coats of the polish - so that makes it take the same time as RCM ?

I wouldn't go on holiday having just had a new nail gel system applied to my nails because the products seem to be more successful on some people's nails than others. I have just managed 14 days on holiday with the Red Carpet manicure system but I had to glue the gel on one nail back in place once.

Often these days the discount on the TSV is only a £5 saving (once the intro price is applied the following week) so don't pressurise yourself to buy today.
If I was you ,I would wait to see what the reviews are like on the Haute Polish system and then consider buying it. Haute Polish does seem to have the big advantage over the RCM in that it only needs one coat instead of the 4 coats needed by the RCM system.

Often the TSV then goes to introductory price and then easy pay so give yourself time to decide if you want a gel nail system and also which one you want.

Thanks very much for your advice ILS and I am going to take it, I will wait for the reviews to see if the HP is any good before I buy, and I'll just do my usual and give myself a Leighton Denny manicure before I go on holiday and take my bottles with me in case I need to touch them up:happy:

I like a high heel but I always make sure I can walk in them properly first. Theres nothing as bad as that bambi walk, its so unflattering. We were in an amusement arcade in a popular coastal town here in NI over Easter and there was a young couple walking in front of us and the girl had theee highest shoes I have ever seen on. Well, my nerves were wrecked as she tottered and tottered and constantly went over on her ankle until down she went like a sack of spuds! Bless her she was mortified and I nearly passed out as she fell! Mind you Im prone to falling, its a set joke in my family that I'd trip over my own shadow lol! I fall over whilst wearing my heels and my converse all stars in equal measures lol!

Having watched the presentation, at first it seemed great, BUT the presenter did say she put on FOUR COATS of gel polish!, so in my opinion, this really does not cut down on time PLUS I think that it works out fairly expensive when you consider that to get the other nail polish colours, they are £30 inc P & P on QVC, £15 per bottle with 4 coats taken out of each one will not last that long compared to 2 coats from OPI/LD/Nails Inc etc at less initial cost. PLUS, I notice that they do not have any removers or wipes on there so how on earth will you be able to use this once the initial trial ones in the kit are gone

Having watched the presentation, at first it seemed great, BUT the presenter did say she put on FOUR COATS of gel polish!, so in my opinion, this really does not cut down on time PLUS I think that it works out fairly expensive when you consider that to get the other nail polish colours, they are £30 inc P & P on QVC, £15 per bottle with 4 coats taken out of each one will not last that long compared to 2 coats from OPI/LD/Nails Inc etc at less initial cost. PLUS, I notice that they do not have any removers or wipes on there so how on earth will you be able to use this once the initial trial ones in the kit are gone

Completely agree that this will be no quicker that RCM, but the removers/wipes are nothing special - I use cheap acetone from tesco (£1.10) per bottle as pre and post wipes and as remover and find this works as well as their expensive 'special' formulas.

Have they shown the other colours live?

Looking online, you cant see the colours, just pictures of the bottles, with the labels in the way of the colours!!

lol

Hardly the way to encourage us to buy, is it????

Had to laugh at the prnounciation........Haute is "HOT" according to their website, when Kathy called it "OAT", the guest looked a tad confused! :happy:

Kathy is absolutely right - haute is a french word meaning high as in haute couture - high fashion - and it is pronounced oat

Um.......that was my point.....

I imagine most ST.com members are familiar with the word!

If you look at the Haute website, they pronounce it "HOT".

I wasnt saying Kathy was wrong, not sure why you think I was!

lol

Kathy is absolutely right - haute is a french word meaning high as in haute couture - high fashion - and it is pronounced oat

I didn't think you were saying Kathy was wrong, I guess I was making the same point as you - that the Haute website was wrong, you would think they would know better about their own brand name!

I didn't think you were saying Kathy was wrong, I guess I was making the same point as you - that the Haute website was wrong, you would think they would know better about their own brand name!

I think it's simply an American pronunciation thing and then, presumably a play in that.

I'm tempted because you don't need to waste the time with the top & base coats - but to be honest the RCM doesn't REALLY take much longer does it ? and on that basis I can't justify £65 for something I already have ..... so unless they come up with some exciting colours (I'm talking blues / greens etc here ) I'll be giving it a miss.

I agree with Sall Mc that it's purely the extra protection of the gel varnish that helps your nails grow longer and stronger - so don't think that RCM / Haute / shellac have any advantage over one another - they all give the same gel strength to your nails.

Have you seen the new colours from RCM - Post cards from the Cote D'Azur - they look lovely - and there is a blue and green. They posted them on their Facebook page yesterday (they are also on their website). I am off to the California next week and so hope to pick some of the colours up there as they are only about $9.99 over there which is about half the price of here.

Latest posts

Back