Hello

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JemimaP

Registered Shopper
Hi guys

I tried to introduce myself a few days ago but i cannot find the thread ( i have no option to search any of the forums for some reason)

Any how, im mainly buy beauty from QVC but have been jnown to very occasionally venture into other areas.

I have read lots of yours posts and am interested in how you avoid the TSV temptation so any tips greatly received!!

Thanks x

Hi Jemima and welcome :handshake:

Can't help you with avoiding temptation I'm afraid - I give in at every opportunity :wink:

Hi there and welcome. I avoid TSVs by adding in the p and p and also clocking how many of them are so often just a whisper under £40 these days. Having said that I have succmbed to two of late, the big bag with all the extra bits in it (lap top bag, purse etc) and am thrilled with it, plus the Judith Williams one as it worked out at less than a tenner an item.

Hello and welcome.

One mantra only for avoiding.

NOTHING THAT COMES OUT OF A POT AND SOLD OVER THE COUNTER OR ON SHOPPING TELIVISION WILL GET RID OF WRINKLES.

That is a known fact, if you like a range and enjoy using it good. But if you expect the wrinkles to stop or never appear then you need botox or surgery. The retanol(sp) you will need is only available on prescription.:rain:

Lecture over for today, thank you for reading.

Hi Jemima and welcome - I'm still quite a newbie myself. Only advice for avoiding temptation is not to watch QVC!

:mysmilie_357: JemimaP!! I'd go along with Busy Mum's advice and say that the more I watch, the more I buy unfortunately. So I try and not watch too much. I notice the urge to buy mostly goes away as soon as the hour is finished and my brain has 'recovered' from the brainwashing propaganda:whew:!

Hello and welcome Jemima.

As for avoiding beauty products I have enough to stock a small cosmetic counter The best 2 beauty products are very cheap. 1. Lots of water and 2. carole maggio facial exercises (book about £12.) Sad I know I have too much time on my hands ,but these have taken my sagging skin and amazingly lifted it. Best result without surgery in about 10 minutes a day.

Hello and welcome Jemima.

As for avoiding beauty products I have enough to stock a small cosmetic counter The best 2 beauty products are very cheap. 1. Lots of water and 2. carole maggio facial exercises (book about £12.) Sad I know I have too much time on my hands ,but these have taken my sagging skin and amazingly lifted it. Best result without surgery in about 10 minutes a day.

Hi CharlotteGray,

I am so pleased you have been doing CM facercise, please tell more! I've got her book and cd-s but not that good at doing the exercises regularly. I found them a bit difficult:confused:. I would love to hear how long have you been doing the exercises (do you do them twice a day?), when did you/others notice results and what are the results, exactly?? Is the skin more taught, do you look fresher or younger, etc. Can't wait to hear, please?! I might get the cd-s dusted off, now!Thanks:flower:!
p.s Very sorry I've hijacked your thread, Jemima:mysmilie_477:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes1 :grin:

Hello and welcome.

One mantra only for avoiding.

NOTHING THAT COMES OUT OF A POT AND SOLD OVER THE COUNTER OR ON SHOPPING TELIVISION WILL GET RID OF WRINKLES.

That is a known fact, if you like a range and enjoy using it good. But if you expect the wrinkles to stop or never appear then you need botox or surgery. The retanol(sp) you will need is only available on prescription.:rain:

Lecture over for today, thank you for reading.

I agree Donna unfortunatley its not (yet) wrinkles i'm concerned about, my issue has always been spots, congestion, blackheads etc which can thankfully be helped with the right products.

i agree about the brainwashing though, if i watch almost any of the hours i end up convinced i need something that i managed to happily live without right up until that point. i still get a buzz from oirdering though especially tsvs - how sad i know!!

xx

Hi CharlotteGray,

I am so pleased you have been doing CM facercise, please tell more! I've got her book and cd-s but not that good at doing the exercises regularly. I found them a bit difficult:confused:. I would love to hear how long have you been doing the exercises (do you do them twice a day?), when did you/others notice results and what are the results, exactly?? Is the skin more taught, do you look fresher or younger, etc. Can't wait to hear, please?! I might get the cd-s dusted off, now!Thanks:flower:!
p.s Very sorry I've hijacked your thread, Jemima:mysmilie_477:

I'm interested too...never heard of the lady! Any info welcome. Sorry from me too Jemima!!

Hi and welcome Jemima...
I have similar skin to yours and found that Alpha-H works better for spots than any other range I have tried on QVC or elsewhere. Some people have experienced reactions to it I know, so if you have not yet tried it, a trial size kit might be a good idea.

Hi Jemima and welcome! :hi:

Does anyone remember Eva Fraser appearing on QVC doing her facial exercises and there was also another contraption where you placed a ball under your chin (can't remember the name of it) ?
Been watching far too long!

Facial exercises are good and work. I use a non surgical face lifting machine in treatments which use microcurrent electricity to tone the facial muscles and have got dramatic results however whether you have salon treatments or do the exercises at home you've got to keep them up.

Facial exercises and salon treatments will help reduce a double chin, lift eyebrows and overhanging lids, can lift the corner of the mouth and firm the cheeks of the facial area (have a different machine for the other cheeks - body toning before you ask! :giggle:

For spots and congestion I notice QVC are very much into the anti wrinkles by having shows like Looking good at 40 or 50 and beyond, sounds like something from Star Trek! They don't seem to cater for skin that is congested etc although they used to when they stocked a lot of Australian Bodycare which was a range I used on clients before QVC stocked it so highly recommend it.

Hi and welcome Jemima...
I have similar skin to yours and found that Alpha-H works better for spots than any other range I have tried on QVC or elsewhere. Some people have experienced reactions to it I know, so if you have not yet tried it, a trial size kit might be a good idea.

I was going to try that next and was reading reviews etc and trying to work out which bits were best to start with.

While i was deciding what to try i started a sample of decleor hydrafloral & neroli oil (i've always liked balm essential) that i had in my stash and (so far) its transformed my skin, i didn't expect it to do anything but its made the biggest difference of anything i've ever used - and i've tried a lot!!! I'm about 8 weeks in now but still expect my skin to revert back to how it was before. If/when it does i'll try Alpha H, especially as the marks left ny spots are often worse than the spot itself.

x

Hope no one minds if I elaborate on this. Apologise and hope it helps. I can't recommend her exercises enough. Definitely dust them off and give it a try.

What's on the CD? I didn't get that with my book. I know there is a dvd available for uk market, but don't have it. She also does a one on one with skype, but I would imagine it's pricey.

I only have the book and the first time I did them it took me 45 minutes. Tried to perfect each exercise before moving on to the next one. Finally got it down to 11 minutes. The mind to muscle connection or visualize thing is hard to grasp. Don't worry too much about it if you feel the lactic acid burn, your doing it right. I have never done them twice a day only because I'm not that disciplined. I noticed the results within days. I have lapsed myself lately and notice the little pouch on my jaw line is back. I've been doing them for about a year off and on. Must get into doing them everyday.

When I do them everyday I notice my skin looks and feels healthier, tighter and fresher. The areas I notice the most are a general lifting of my face, pore size which seems smaller ( think the circulation improvement is what does that) I now have eye lids as they have lifted and my jaw line (chin) much more defined and little pouchy bits gone.

I've read about Eva Fraser I think Madonna uses her, but after reading several reviews seemed like Carole gets the best results. I guess it stands to reason if you exercise you tighten up and the same goes for the face something I never really thought about.

Did you noticing the difference galaxy?

Thanks for your post CG! Really pleased to hear that you've got very good results with facercise. That's very encouraging!

Sorry, :mysmilie_487: I really meant to say dvds (my sleep deprived brain :mysmilie_496:failed to multitask at the time of writing the last post! I was solving my son's rather complicated algebra conundrum and writing about facial exercises, all at the same time:mysmilie_484:). Although Carole Maggio does have a cd in the package, too (2dvds and 1 cd - to save you time and guide you through the exercises as you drive(!!). A bit of a dangerous idea IMO and I would think that's illegal in the UK too, not sure about USA).

This is what got me interested in facial exercises and particularly CM, in the first place:http://www.facercise.com/results.shtml. I was sold after seeing his results.
A month ago I turned 37, so for me personally the exercises are more as a preventative measure. I don't have much sagging at all(I know it's coming, though), few lines around the eyes, however I sometimes get the 'tired' look. I notice facial exercises help make you look a bit more alert and fresh.When I tried the CM facercise I only did the exercises for 3 weeks 2Xday and had lovely results. I thought I looked a bit fresher, but I didn't notice massive difference myself. However, at the time my neighbour asked me really surprised if I've lost weight as my face looked slimmer! By the way I don't have massive face by any stretch of the imagination and I'm size medium (I am doing a 'Julia' here, sorry!). So for my neighbour to have noticed that after only 3 weeks it must be doing something!
Unfortunately I started to slip up (busy life) and I've left it since. Prior to CM facercise I also bought the Tua Trend (an easy pay moment of weakness!) and did that for about 4 months. But Tua is a lot more time consuming and although it gave me the 'fresh faced' look, I think I achieved that with CM's facercise a lot sooner. I think CM has the edge over Tua Trend for me. After hearing about your lovely result Charlotte, I must get into a routine and re-start my facercise. Thanks for your encouragement!

Also must say thanks to Ms Trouble,for your invaluable advice regarding all things skincare! You are our (forum) resident beauty expert, so many thanks!:mysmilie_504:

Again apologies to you Jemima for going off topic on your thread!:flower: If it helps at all regarding your skincare concearn: I was battling hormonal skin until few months ago and huge help for me was this:http://www.paulaschoice.com/product/clear-extra-strength-system/acne-treatment-clear-skin. My skin is now completely clear and I can thoroughly recommend this.

Yuck algebra.

Sounds like you got some good results galaxy. Please feel free to PM me if you start up again and see the results.

the marks left ny spots are often worse than the spot itself.

Hello JemimaP and welcome to The Forum! :hi: Have you tried Decleor Gel Prolagene? I have had problems in the past with marks left on my skin from blemishes related to a medical condition, and have really found Prolagene has worked to lessen them. I gather from our super-sleuths there may well be a full size Prolagene in the upcoming Decleor TSV...not that I'm encouraging you to spend of course...:wink:

Uhm, facial exercises?? Why pay all that money for a book or dvd?? Sucking hard on a bottle (or something else :devil:) helps to keep the old chops firm.... :tongue:

Latest posts

Back