He's back!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i am not easily offended tbh so neither andy or peter offend me its tv not real life

just pointing out some serious double standards

Several years ago, when we had a holiday cottage, my ma in law once told the whole table at a dinner party: 'Oh yes, they (meaning hubby and me) love cottaging in the summer' I am told the stunned silence lasted a good minute:mysmilie_507:

Bless her Hillary. Sadly I very much doubt Dirty Peter and Wayne's references to Cottages was quite so innocent, unless small country houses just happen to make them snigger like schoolkids :puke:

i have seen honest andy pretty much ask angela if she liked big ones, she laughed and responded.

i dread to think what happen if mason did that to angela or kiri

note: i like andy so i'm not exactly trying to degrade him or his act.

i have seen honest andy pretty much ask angela if she liked big ones, she laughed and responded.

i dread to think what happen if mason did that to angela or kiri

note: i like andy so i'm not exactly trying to degrade him or his act.

I agree that people (including me) are far more likely to highlight issues with presenters they don't like and in that respect i'm guilty as charged.

However, I still maintain that Andy saying that (I genuinely haven't heard him say that) is completely different to Mason saying to Kiri her breasts will droop as she gets older, or pregnant. And him saying he knows when his lady/goddess will give him 'the keys to the candy shop', and joking about knocking out women who talk too much with Night Nurse. I honestly doubt we would ever hear Mr Hodgson use such language.

And as for Dirty Peter joking about Cottages and Chickens?, for me it beggars belief but maybe I just have different expectations from a so called family friendly channel. Or i'm a old prude!!

I agree that people (including me) are far more likely to highlight issues with presenters they don't like and in that respect i'm guilty as charged.

However, I still maintain that Andy saying that (I genuinely haven't heard him say that) is completely different to Mason saying to Kiri her breasts will droop as she gets older, or pregnant. And him saying he knows when his lady/goddess will give him 'the keys to the candy shop', and joking about knocking out women who talk too much with Night Nurse. I honestly doubt we would ever hear Mr Hodgson use such language.

And as for Dirty Peter joking about Cottages and Chickens?, for me it beggars belief but maybe I just have different expectations from a so called family friendly channel. Or i'm a old prude!!

when i heard andy say it, i personally chuckled because it seemed such an obvious double entendre due to him also talking about the size of a compost bag. but also as i suspect mason would never get away with the same thing simply because he is mike mason.

im not saying people should take umbridge with andy as quite frankly his tone is harmless, warm and genuinely friendly.

i feel its a low rent shopping channel and they opperate as such. including verbal content.

when i heard andy say it, i personally chuckled because it seemed such an obvious double entendre due to him also talking about the size of a compost bag. but also as i suspect mason would never get away with the same thing simply because he is mike mason.

im not saying people should take umbridge with andy as quite frankly his tone is harmless, warm and genuinely friendly.

i feel its a low rent shopping channel and they opperate as such. including verbal content.

As far as i'm aware Mason dosen't do mild double entendre anyway, his 'humour' is far more coarse than that.

But I agree they are low rent shopping channels, the lowest around. Bar none.

Last edited:
As far as i'm aware Mason dosen't do mild double entendre anyway, his 'humour' is far more coarse than that.

But I agree they are low rent channels, the lowest around. Bar none.

i fully respect that you admit there is a bias as you simply don't like him. most people wouldn't admit that.

in terms of the channels that offer a variety of products, it is a distant 3rd to the big two and they probably see that too... hense the verbal content.

i fully respect that you admit there is a bias as you simply don't like him. most people wouldn't admit that.

in terms of the channels that offer a variety of products, it is a distant 3rd to the big two and they probably see that too... hense the verbal content.

It's worth remembering that it isn't an irrational dislike of him, his behaviour at times has been quite appalling. Like telling lies about JPD (Debenhams, TV Advertising across the US), the at best disingenuous Dongle sales (how much do you pay Sky, how many channels), the sexism (Kiri), the scare tactics with safety products, the absolute crap he talks about shitty little TV Aerials, the claims he uses a Vodafone 354 instead of his iPhone and then totally forgets he has said it. I could go on but you get the idea. I get he's a salesman but that dosen't excuse the tripe he would have us believe. Andy Hodgson simply dosen't carry on like that and never has, do you remember his poignant tweet the day OFCOM confirmed it's investigation? It spoke volumes.

Mason is just a pretty dislikable character, on screen anyway.

Last edited:
It's worth remembering that it isn't an irrational dislike of him, his behaviour at times has been quite appalling. Like telling lies about JPD (Debenhams, TV Advertising across the US), the at best disingenuous Dongle sales (how much do you pay Sky, how many channels), the sexism (Kiri), the scare tactics with safety products, the absolute crap he talks about shitty little Tv Aerials, I could go on but you get the idea.

He's just a pretty dislikable character, on screen anyway.

i've always said i can understand why people do not like that man, but i do think it's fair to say that people should step out of that bubble occasionally to see what else is going on around it.

Oh for goodness sake STOP trying to sterilise these channels. I dread to think what they would be like if some of you had your way!

Oh for goodness sake STOP trying to sterilise these channels. I dread to think what they would be like if some of you had your way!

Sorry but it's just my opinion. I respect your opinion, perhaps try seeing other people's point of view?

As for sterilising them, i'll leave that to OFCOM :happy:

Sorry but it's just my opinion. I respect your opinion, perhaps try seeing other people's point of view?

As for sterilising them, i'll leave that to OFCOM :happy:

I bet Ofcom do nothing more than issue them with a minor fine which i suspect will get them as much 'un noticed' bad press as when the ASA passed them the case in the first place. and it seems watchdog have finished their series without feeling the need to investigate them. in fact they saw 4 complaints by IW world as being more serious than what BID have done.

I bet Ofcom do nothing more than issue them with a minor fine which i suspect will get them as much 'un noticed' bad press as when the ASA passed them the case in the first place. and it seems watchdog have finished their series without feeling the need to investigate them. in fact they saw 4 complaints by IW world as being more serious than what BID have done.

I wouldn't begin to presume what action, if any, OFCOM take. The sterilising comment was just a joke.

It's my understanding that Watchdog wouldn't have mentioned a company that is currently being investigated by OFCOM for danger of appearing prejudicial.

Watchdog probably wouldn't get involved with an Ofcom investigation underway.

I wouldn't begin to presume what action, if any, OFCOM take. The sterilising comment was just a joke.

It's my understanding that Watchdog wouldn't have mentioned a company that is currently being investigated by OFCOM for danger of appearing prejudicial.

insider information?

[/B]

insider information?

Not insider information Bingo but having contacted Watchdog in the past I know at least some of the guidelines they follow, they (sort of) tell you in correspondence. They won't touch a case like that with a bargepole. But I guess they might in time!

The IW story was about order fullfillment issues, which is why I guess they ran it. It didn't have a very serious regulatory edge to it but it was still a story worth running.

Last edited:
No Peter Simon tonight, it's Stevie Mac instead
Does anyone know why?

I don't know for sure but maybe they have sent him on a course to learn the difference between £34.99 and £8.00 so he dosen't get in any more trouble flogging Bijan? :wink:

he said on Monday he would be back on Friday

I think it may be health related cutting back a bit on shifts

Latest posts

Back