He's back!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

keep taking the medication Adam

Andy who i am a big fan of has just made a joke about stroking charlie charlestons cock

if that isnt smutty and at 3pm i dont no what is

I think it's a case of 'wanting to be offended' with many of the forum members. They have it in for Peter simon so study and scrutinise his shows looking for something to be outraged about. If you gO looking for offense you will find it on tap!

Andy who i am a big fan of has just made a joke about stroking charlie charlestons cock

I think it's a case of 'wanting to be offended' with many of the forum members. They have it in for Peter simon so study and scrutinise his shows looking for something to be outraged about. If you gO looking for offense you will find it on tap!

That's disgraceful. You are quite right Bingo. If Dirty Peter had said it there would already be a 3 page thread on it. It will be 'Lewd Andy' from me from now on

I don't think Peter Simon is directly 'smutty/dirty' although his remarks leave little to the imagination to realise what he's going on about.

It can be amusing at first hand but it's fast becoming tedious. At least give us some new material! Who knows, maybe he'll start acting like Michael Barrymore someday.... :thinking:

Sorry Wirral I didn't mean to use your quote with my post as it wasn't directed at you it was a general observation. As for the Sadam video. Incredibly it has been watched by millions of people who have created thousands of pages of posts about how offended they are?

I think you meant Saddam Hussein, not Sadam Hussian.

Andy has also just said he got a text off a viewer wanting to show Angela "his plums". No doubt nobody cares about that because Andy said it but I would have to say that's more smutty or vulgar than anything Peter Simon has said on his return (and especially being pre-watershed). However, I feel to be a proper forum member I should be feeling outraged at Andy's comment plus the one NTB just referred to about Charlie Charleston. So Here goes:

This has no place on a shopping channel and was also pre-watershed, is disgraceful behaviour from Andy Hodgson and I shall be writing a strongly worded to the Head of Bid Shopping Feri Kiamanesh asking for Andy to be suspended and to apologise. Bid TV is a shopping channel not a comedy show. This type of "humour" is out-dated and should not be tolerated. :yawn:

Last edited:

no posts about that though

Can only talk about myself obviously but if I saw that I would complain on here. I don't like that from any presenter from my favourite right down to Mason.

PJ

oh for goodness sake people..........things are being taken out of context here and that's the whole issue with Peter Simon for me......there is no context for his smut/innuendo, it's gratuitous IMO
ok, maybe Andy has overstepped the mark this time (I didn't see it) but I would imagine there was a context to it? I know there was with the plums as they were doing gardening and I heard a few innuendos in the short time I watched this afternoon but they were all in context..........not just some revolting random ramblings about the postman sticking it in or the gushing fireman's hose
I know that doesn't make it right but it makes it less gratuitous and a lot less weird!
Also, for me, Peter Simon comes across as a dirty old lech whereas Andy can use this sort of humour in a less slimy, creepy way
I'm not against smut or innuendo (bingowings defo has me wrong there!) but it's about taste and appropriateness

P.S. I forgot one observation when I started this thread and the gardening on Bid just reminded me
Peter was selling some artificial pink and cream roses and he said one of them was the Pascal rose and it was a favourite of the Queen Mother; well within seconds a disclaimer started scrolling across the bottom of the screen stating that 'Bid cannot confirm this rose is favoured by the Queen' non - compliant? Bid? never? it was hilarious!

oh for goodness sake people..........things are being taken out of context here and that's the whole issue with Peter Simon for me......there is no context for his smut/innuendo, it's gratuitous IMO
ok, maybe Andy has overstepped the mark this time (I didn't see it) but I would imagine there was a context to it? I know there was with the plums as they were doing gardening and I heard a few innuendos in the short time I watched this afternoon but they were all in context..........not just some revolting random ramblings about the postman sticking it in or the gushing fireman's hose
I know that doesn't make it right but it makes it less gratuitous and a lot less weird!
Also, for me, Peter Simon comes across as a dirty old lech whereas Andy can use this sort of humour in a less slimy, creepy way
I'm not against smut or innuendo (bingowings defo has me wrong there!) but it's about taste and appropriateness

P.S. I forgot one observation when I started this thread and the gardening on Bid just reminded me
Peter was selling some artificial pink and cream roses and he said one of them was the Pascal rose and it was a favourite of the Queen Mother; well within seconds a disclaimer started scrolling across the bottom of the screen stating that 'Bid cannot confirm this rose is favoured by the Queen' non - compliant? Bid? never? it was hilarious!

I think context is very important too.

For example does anyone remember Dirty Peter with Wayne having a good snigger when they said how much they like cottages* when selling the ripoff Lilliput Lane ornaments? Or going on and on, with great amusement, about how much they like a nice young chicken* when Wayne was doing some cooking?

That's the kind of thing that, in my opinion, deservedly earned him the moniker of Dirty Peter. And downright bleeding creepy too.

*for anyone who isn't aware a cottage is a slang term for a public toilet where men have sex, and chicken is a slang term that often refers to a young, gay man.

Simple question. If he was to release a DVD of his 'show' what rating certificate would it be given? For me it would be 'U' at worst '12' . You hear worse in a carry on film which are shown during the day all the time! Is he bizarre? Yes. Is he incoherent? Yes. Is he guilty of plagiarism? Yes. But is he inappropriate and 'smutty'? Well not according to my moral compass. He doesn't swear or reference sensative subjects and even if he did he is well after the watershed. If you find him offensive and you don't want to be offended then DON'T WATCH HIM!

Simple question. If he was to release a DVD of his 'show' what rating certificate would it be given? For me it would be 'U' at worst '12' . You hear worse in a carry on film which are shown during the day all the time! Is he bizarre? Yes. Is he incoherent? Yes. Is he guilty of plagiarism? Yes. But is he inappropriate and 'smutty'? Well not according to my moral compass. He doesn't swear or reference sensative subjects and even if he did he is well after the watershed. If you find him offensive and you don't want to be offended then DON'T WATCH HIM!

I agree that if you don't like him you shouldn't watch but with respect he isn't always on after the watershed at all. On Sundays he works from 6.30pm-10.00pm (he's on right now) and Mondays from 3.00pm-6.30pm (at least he used to before his holiday).

I guess many people wouldn't expect to have to consider the watershed on a shopping channel as you don't have to with any of the others but I guess with these channels normal considerations have long since stopped being applicable.

He isn't my cup of tea but if you like that sort of thing enjoy!

Last edited:
Fair comments Wirral. And your right BID are not your normal shopping channel. But I think that's why I like them. They have been providing a fun and cheeky alternative for 10 or more years now so I think most peoPle KNOW what to expect. Although as I have said. They are hardly Howard Stern! I just genuinely think people's reaction to what Peter says is hugely disproportionate to the actual content.

Fair comments Wirral. And your right BID are not your normal shopping channel. But I think that's why I like them. They have been providing a fun and cheeky alternative for 10 or more years now so I think most peoPle KNOW what to expect. Although as I have said. They are hardly Howard Stern! I just genuinely think people's reaction to what Peter says is hugely disproportionate to the actual content.

I think most people on here would rather he just got on with the job of selling. It's only my opinion (although some others seem to share it) but he isn't very funny, he dosen't have a gram of the talent of those true artists he rips off, in fact he can barely string a sentence together in his 'monologues', making them even more bizarre.

I just don't get him, at all. But I guess many others do so good luck to them. For me that kind of 'act' died about the same time as Thames Television, a good couple of decades ago.

Totally agree with all of this. If they are selling fruit trees they can get away with 'oh what a lovely pair' but selling Yarvik tablets then no.

PJ.

I haven't seen much of Peter since his return, but I think if someone took the time (and it would take a lot of time !) to transcribe a random section of one of his stints I doubt you'd see much difference pre and post holiday break. First night back and he claimed that Russian diopside had been discovered 80 years ago. A couple of minutes later he stated it was discovered in "the 1800's" ! He used to be fun to watch, but for a long time his pitches have seemed to be a mix of random adjectives and non-sequiteurs, mixed in with the pointless catchphrases - what does "...and at that kind of buy" mean, anyway?

R18 :grin:

May contain;

Nuts (Peter Simon himself)
Strong and realistic threats to defenceless victims (the elderly and vulnerable)
Torture (of viewers)
Excessive gore (Snot-gate as an example)
Details of strong violence (Yonanas machine crushing fruit)
Glamorisation of real, contemporary weapons (Viners Cutlery)
Strong sexual references (in opening speech)

This is not an exhaustive list.

Liked that when Peter said i'm going to cook they started playing the warehouse clearance siren, turned the studio red, brought the lights down and used the fire diamond backing on the tv screen

His demonstration of caramelised bananas and squirty cream was rather fun

Ha at the end he said i'm going to have some cream, squirts it in his mouth and only the gas came out, shook it then tried it again and said i like cream, got some on his lips and said Don't you dare

Last edited:

Have you not heard some of the stuff that Lisa Brash comes out with? Her innuendos and smut are just as "bad" as Peter's.

I think context is very important too.

For example does anyone remember Dirty Peter with Wayne having a good snigger when they said how much they like cottages* when selling the ripoff Lilliput Lane ornaments? Or going on and on, with great amusement, about how much they like a nice young chicken* when Wayne was doing some cooking?

That's the kind of thing that, in my opinion, deservedly earned him the moniker of Dirty Peter. And downright bleeding creepy too.

*for anyone who isn't aware a cottage is a slang term for a public toilet where men have sex, and chicken is a slang term that often refers to a young, gay man.

Several years ago, when we had a holiday cottage, my ma in law once told the whole table at a dinner party: 'Oh yes, they (meaning hubby and me) love cottaging in the summer' I am told the stunned silence lasted a good minute:mysmilie_507:

I agree, that does seem to be a bit of a "dodgy" comment from our Andy there, and whilst I'm not trying to condone saying that sort of thing on air @ 3pm, but again one must ask "what was the context?". Mr Simon on the other hand, doesn't seem to need context. Looking for offence? When he's on, you don't have to look very far, or wait very long 'cause within half hour of him being on air...he's mentioned the bodily fluids on his bedsheets (euccggh!), his piles, and lest we forget - his flatulence, this is often spoken through a mouth crammed full , or whilst he's busy sticking his hands or worse still, his whole face into a bowl of food on set - Sorry if this offends me, but I tune into bid to maybe buy something, not to have my stomach turned! His other innuendo would be quite funny if it was natural, and well done - but it isn't. There may be things he has in common with Larry Grayson, but natural wit, and comic timing isn't one (or 2) of them! Some of the innuendo he comes out with wouldn't have been out of place in a 1970's schoolyard, let alone a working men's club....Not funny, not clever -rather irritating!

Latest posts

Back