Hi-Tech Toys & Electronics TSV 22/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Acer Aspire Switch 10E Plus 2-in 1 Tablet with 32GB, 2GB RAM & 500GB HDD & Keyboard
Item Number: 506690
QVC Price £320.00
Todays Special Value Price £279.96
P&P £6.95

3 Easy Pay instalments of £93.32, plus P&P

A convertible, multi-touch tablet with a four mode design and detachable keyboard, boasting a range of fantastic features including a powerful quad-core processor for speedy computing, a 32GB flash memory and large 500GB storage capacity, plus a bright, super-strength 10.1" HD display. Combining innovative technology with a sleek, lightweight design, the portable Acer Aspire Switch 10E Plus allows you to keep on top of your digital world, wherever you are.

How will you use yours? - The clever, versatile design allows you to attach, detach, pivot and flip the tablet screen thanks to the Acer Snap Hinge 2.0. Attach it to the keyboard to use like a laptop, flip the screen to show a presentation or remove the keyboard to use as a traditional tablet. Plus, tent mode makes it easier to watch a film in limited space.

Upgrade to Windows 10 - the Acer Switch comes pre-loaded with the Windows 8.1 operating system, but you can upgrade for free to the brand new and improved Windows 10 when it launches from July 29th. Find out how to upgrade here.

Superb performance - the Acer Switch features a powerful quad-core processor, allowing you to enjoy fast web-browsing, responsive apps and seamless multi-tasking.

Colourful computing - available in a choice of four stylish, contemporary colours with matching protective sleeves, so you can choose one to match your personality!

Ready for business - the tablet comes with a complimentary one year subscription to Microsoft Office 365 which gives you the freedom to get work done virtually anytime and anywhere. It includes fully installed Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access, plus 20GB cloud storage.

More space for you - as well as the 32GB flash memory on board the device, the keyboard dock provides an additional 500GB of storage when docked, giving you enough space for all your pictures, documents, music and movies.

The perfect view - the high resolution display and IPS technology deliver an expanded 170 degree viewing angle so that you can see full detail and saturated colours from edge to edge. Plus, the ten-point multi-touch screen provides a more active interaction.

Colour options:

White

Coral Red

Blue

Purple

What's in the box?

1 x Acer Aspire Switch 10E Plus convertible tablet

1 x keyboard with 500GB hard drive

1 x AC charger

1 x USB charging cable

Documentation: set-up guide, Windows 10 upgrade guide, warranty

Added value:

Dedicated Acer sleeve in a colour to match your tablet

Technical specifications:

Display: 10.1" TFT colour LCD 10-point multi-touch with IPS technology

Screen resolution: 1280p x 800p

Processor: Intel Atom Z3735F quad-core processor (1.83 GHz)

Operating system: Windows 8.1 (upgradeable to Windows 10)

Memory: 2GB RAM

Flash storage (tablet): 32GB

Solid state hard drive (keyboard): 500GB

Optical drive: no

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics DDR3LM SDRAM

Detachable keyboard with touchpad: 95% full size

Camera: integrated Crystal Eye 2MP rear and front-facing with Full HD video recording

Audio: Two built-in front facing speakers

Microphone: yes

Connectivity: Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0

Battery: rechargeable Lithium Polymer (8060 mAh)

Battery life: up to 8 hours

Microsoft Office 365: a one year subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal, including Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access, plus 20GB Cloud storage and 60 minutes of Skype calling to over 60 countries

McAfee Internet Security (30 day trial)

Weight: tablet only - 0.6kg; tablet and keyboard - 1.2kg

Tablet (l x w x d): 26.2cm x 18cm x 2.5cm (10.3" x 7" x 1")

Input/output:

1 x USB 2.0 (keyboard)

1 x micro-USB 2.0 (tablet)

Behind the brand
Since its founding in 1976, Acer has been breaking down boundaries between people and technology, providing brilliant devices at every price range. Striving to design environmentally friendly products at a high quality you can always rely on, Acer continue to be a much-loved computing brand for good reason.

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery

Acer UK Customer Support number: 0371 760 1000

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.506690

I got one 6 months ago as a TSV.

The new one is £20 cheaper, and has a rear camera (unlike mine) and range of colours, also upgrade to Windows 10.

I've hardly used mine, I just don't get on with the Acer version of Windows 8.

JLP is selling the same model, at £249.99. It has a battery life of 12 hours - the Q details say 8 hours - but does not mention a 500gb HDD storage. Perhaps this is what we are paying an extra £30 for. Don't think I need it, as it would only be another laptop for me.
I have noticed, with the last few computing tsvs, the Q doesn't seem to be offering even competitive prices, never mind "special value" prices. It is, imo, becoming rather complacent, re customer acquisition.
It would be interesting to know what the conversion rate is.

they dont acutally claim to be the cheapest

Yes they do! They're saying it today over the Lulu TSV, they're always saying it, they say "if you go to Kenwoods own website" or "if you go to Dysons own website" or "if you go to SBCs own website" then go on to say they're cheaper, they know a products own website is going to be dearer, so they're comparing and saying they're cheaper, shame they don't strap a pair on and compare TSVs to the cheaper websites like Amazon............mind you they'd be there all day.

Last edited:
i read this the other day on there website when i was looking for something

"our aim is to offer our customers good quality products that are competitive with the prices charged by most retail stores and catalogues. However, we do not claim that the prices we charge are the lowest on the market. We would always recommend that you comparison shop for the best overall value. We may be offering a slightly different package to those offered elsewhere and don't forget we have our 30 day money back guarantee"

but i agree with they aint the cheapest place to buy some things

Yes they do! They're saying it today over the Lulu TSV, they're always saying it, they say "if you go to Kenwoods own website" or "if you go to Dysons own website" or "if you go to SBCs own website" then go on to say they're cheaper, they know a products own website is going to be dearer, so they're comparing and saying they're cheaper, shame they don't strap a pair on and compare TSVs to the cheaper websites like Amazon............mind you they'd be there all day.

It's a clever ploy, by saying "compare the company's website" it gets interpreted as "check every other website that sells this" which they never say!

I'm sure I've read of prices going up on suppliers' websites in the period a TSV is trailed and then promoted on QVC so they can say they are cheaper... or am I imagining that?

I got the email to buy early & am looking for a new laptop so would welcome any comments.
Thanks

In reply to this and another query (as I don't know how to post 2 quotes), the whole idea is that it is a tablet with 32GB memory, and a clip on keyboard with an extra 500GB memory which makes it into a small laptop.

Also, the keyboard and tablet can be positioned into various configurations. But I hardly ever separate mine, so use it as a small laptop.

I don't know about the new model, but on mine you can only charge it with a wallwart so you can't charge it from a USB charger, which means yet another charger to lug around if you use it on holiday etc.

In fact, I hardly ever use it as I don't like Windows 8, so I mainly use my iPad. So far, I've not used any of the 500GB memory, which is the main reason I bought it!

Sorry it's off topic but was I the only one who had a giggle at Lee's hair?! I haven't seen him for ages so maybe it isn't new but it reminded me of something my little brother had when he was about 8 in the 80's and spikey hair was in!! ;)

Latest posts

Back