High Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I may have totally weaned myself off QVC this past 3 or so years, but even so, I doubt whether I could have stood the increased prices anyway.

Noticeably, fashion - apart from not being 'fashionable', is exorbitantly high. I was aware of this when watching Kim & Co shows, and the price of one of her jumpsuits was pennies short of £70 ! for God's sake. Not that long ago they were pushing it at around £38-40. Even the cheap Artscape range is from £25 upwards. I remember that brand at £14 !!

Watching the food shows, I wonder who pays £19 plus p & p for 2 tins of Churchills biscuits with bog standard biscuits inside. All the yummy sounds and oohing and aaaaring, doesn't make them a luxury brand. If those biscuits were in a normal biscuit wrapper they'd be about £1.50 per pack, so it makes for an expensive tin ! And as for the Joe & Sephs popcorn, well it may be the Molton Brown of popcorn brands, but it still doesn't rate for £20 for 2 small jars.

It’s like that Pill O Pad, £25 QVC yet on Amazon you can get them from £6 free delivery. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=pillow+pad+for+tablet+uk&sprefix=pill+o+pad&ref=nb_sb_ss_sc_1_10 They’re not JML but JML are masters of taking original inventions, copying them on the cheap, then charging more.

There’s no excuse for it other than greed, and massive overheads including freebies for staff members, even in clearance they refuse point blank to reduce prices more than a couple of pound and the items stay there for years, including beauty. I got myself off QVC years ago and like you b, if I hadn’t then, I certainly would now.

In this country when families with young children are trying to cope with only £5 per day to spend on food.
Maybe it’s me but I find two boxes of chocolates at £60 and an advent calendar at just over £71 presented by the guest presenter like it’s an anybody, everyday give away purchase.:cry:

Have never bought any food item from Q, there are so many better quality items in the supermarkets and available online for anyone not able to get to shops.Who pays their daft prices.Didn’t they have small samples of wine one year at a price you could have bought a vineyard?

I can’t imagine who the people are who sit at home and fall for the spiel. Those biscuits were a ridiculous price along with all the othe food items Q sell. These days there is so much choice in the supermarkets and on line at nowhere near the prices they charge at Q.

I was going to start a similar thread to this but couldn't think of how to word it regarding Q's crazy prices. What on earth has happened? Back in the day I used to use Shop! a lot as it allowed you to open an account and pay in 3 monthly installments, via the bank/building society etc, or of course you could pay by credit/debit card outright. P&P was per order and goods were reasonably priced. My purchases from QVC were few and far between, but I liked them because they sold a lot of things from across the pond, that you couldn't get here, and you could get the odd bargain. When did they turn into House of Fraser or Selfridges? Higher end department stores where you go when value for money isn't a priority, and you want to buy the most expensive branded gadgets, beauty products, branded costume jewellery and ludicrously high priced bags etc.
Fashion has become astronomically expensive and now they've even got British "designers" in on the act (RL and Gok Wan) who's clothes would sit better in Sainsburys (think Gok did Sainsburys) or M&CO for half the price.
Q - should now stand for questionable (especially when it comes to fashion)
V -Very expensive
C-The word convenience should be preceded by "in" 'cause imo there's nothing convenient about having to pay p&p on every item, to be given half an hour to keep something in your basket, having to buy identical items only to get half price p&p, and TSV's that can shave as little as £5 of the original price (which is overinflated to start with).
Their USP of course is the now 60 day mbg...but that's at a cost to the customer, and by all accounts it most certainly isn't a "no quibble" guarantee. It's a shame they can't come up with another USP to make shopping with them more worthwhile...but whilst they have their addicts and die hard fans out there, why would they?

Living in the sticks I don’t have access to “artisan “ shops so if it’s something special which I couldn’t get in Marks I would buy online from dedicated “artisan” not from a company which is selling you torches diamond ring, sweaty clothes one mnute and meat pies the next! No thanks, I much prefer to go to an expert in their field .
There are stacks of suppliers mentioned/advertised in food magazines. They won’t be cheap but neither are Q.

The German man selling gingerbread is (according to Andy Peters) the most popular guest on QVC. He seems a nice enough fella, but his gingerbread is the pits. It looks good, but it sure don't taste good. You're left asking yourself, 'where's the flavour?' It's anemic and pallid tasting ... a thorough disappointment.

The funny thing is though, with QVCs expensive food that they like to think is Artisan or opulent just because of the price tag, most of it get bad reviews and one star, so like I always say, dearer doesn’t mean better.

At least you can eat it & then not have to return, or has that changed now?

Not that I've ever done that, ever.

At least you can eat it & then not have to return, or has that changed now?

Not that I've ever done that, ever.

To return food you’d have to wait 24 hours till it came out of one end or the other, Lock and Lock it, then ask for a prepaid label, wait a week then trot (pun intended) down the Post Office to return it 😂

Joking aside, I noticed that they’re putting more and more terms and conditions on returning beauty and food, and you can only have used a certain percent of either then have you to return the rest. Supermarkets offer a money back guarantee on food too, if you don’t like it you can return it for a full refund, it’s a misconception that it’s only QVC that offer a money back guarantee on food.

I’m not sure whether QVC actually do accept food back, despite what they say. When I got sent a 3.2kg bag of Lindt balls last year, that I hadn’t ordered, I rang CS and asked for a returns label and told her I wasn’t going to pay for the return postage as I hadn’t actually ordered them. She said “we don’t take food back so have them on us” (or words to that effect.) Maybe it depends on whom you speak to or maybe they’ve been knee deep in returned food and half chewed leftovers in the past and have so decided to change their policy. 😳

My bugbear with Q, amongst many other things, is when they harp on about this or that being a great stocking filler and it costing around £25 before p&p, that isn't a stocking filler that's a present. You can tell its Saturday evening with nothing on the telly box, I have just had a sneaky peek on their website. Under the heading of 'practical presents' there is a ring costing £4.800, practical present my ......

To return food you’d have to wait 24 hours till it came out of one end or the other, Lock and Lock it, then ask for a prepaid label, wait a week then trot (pun intended) down the Post Office to return it 😂
Life has become so bizarre this year I wouldn't be surprised to see this happening. Ugh, Gillian McKeith :poop::poop:

Latest posts

Back