Hold the Front Page. QVC Beauty Awards Are Back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh gawd will it be flowing robes from the seventies,extolling the virtues of some potion,which when put on their fizzogs dosent make a jot of difference.
Gender neutral until stubble starts showing through!
To be fair, the stubble might start appearing post menopause.

There's a trick QVC's missed: beard care for ladies of a certain age. Never mind vajazzling: grow the chin hair long, give it a purple rise and bejazzle it!

There's a look for Ruthless to wow the Loose Women viewers with!

The French have had this gender neutral thing for many a year. I remember in the 70's (probably posted this before) we were on a family holiday in Brittany and we stopped for a loo break. The toilets were underground and men went down the steps on one side and women down the other - and they met in the middle :D There were urinals and cubicles and men and women all mingled and communal hand basins. As kids we were fascinated, mum and dad were taken aback but French families clearly saw it as normal as there were children in there as well. Maybe we're all just catching up.

Come to think of it, there was a pub in Edinburgh years ago that had communal toilets. It was based on that Ally McBeal TV show.

CC
It was the same in 1964 when we went on a school trip to Belgium. We into the Palais de Justice in Brussels,our female teacher took us into the loo as it was a mixed one.
She did tell us men may come in and just one barrister in black gown and wig came in. Seeing a few girls in he used a toilet and not a urinal.

Spouting total nonsense being a major requirement.
Spouting a load of bo####ks more like.

I was unable to watch 'cause it clashed with Corrie so I had to watch it on my tablet later on in the evening. I've watched in the past and I'm sure it was always more than just a one hour show, and it had far more of a "gala atmosphere". Apart from Alison Young wearing a sparkly suit, it could've been a normal beauty hour. They didn't have time to go through all the categories in detail and I didn't notice them having a "customer's choice award" this time around either, so it was a bit disappointing. Having said that I bought the Gale Hayman liplift on the back of it winning customer choice a few years ago and to be honest I've had better results with cheapies like Carmex or Vaseline. I noticed that it won best lip product, God knows how - Anyway a bit of a damp squib this year. I see that our beloved fanny wash won an award!

I was unable to watch 'cause it clashed with Corrie so I had to watch it on my tablet later on in the evening. I've watched in the past and I'm sure it was always more than just a one hour show, and it had far more of a "gala atmosphere". Apart from Alison Young wearing a sparkly suit, it could've been a normal beauty hour. They didn't have time to go through all the categories in detail and I didn't notice them having a "customer's choice award" this time around either, so it was a bit disappointing. Having said that I bought the Gale Hayman liplift on the back of it winning customer choice a few years ago and to be honest I've had better results with cheapies like Carmex or Vaseline. I noticed that it won best lip product, God knows how - Anyway a bit of a damp squib this year. I see that our beloved fanny wash won an award!
Did it that’s me making a order then

I forgot about it myself and suddently remembered around 20.25. The list of winners must be on their website as there's 10 percent off, unless they're on advance orders. It was the usual suspects that won and Liz Earle "won back" the award for best cleanser. Gatineau won two awards and - the fake tan, my review of which they didn't publish, and the radiance enhancing gommage. Andrew sent a delegate to collect on his behalf. Alexis only deigned to record a thank you video. The intimate wash won of course. They might as well just replace the same show each year.

The French have had this gender neutral thing for many a year. I remember in the 70's (probably posted this before) we were on a family holiday in Brittany and we stopped for a loo break. The toilets were underground and men went down the steps on one side and women down the other - and they met in the middle :D There were urinals and cubicles and men and women all mingled and communal hand basins. As kids we were fascinated, mum and dad were taken aback but French families clearly saw it as normal as there were children in there as well. Maybe we're all just catching up.

Come to think of it, there was a pub in Edinburgh years ago that had communal toilets. It was based on that Ally McBeal TV show.

CC

It wouldn't be so bad if the men using the Ladies could be trusted. These days they just seem to want to plant cameras, pee on the seats and toilet roll as some kind of 'revenge' against women (there is a forum that covers men talking about this, I kid you not) or just want to force their way in because it's their 'right' to use the Ladies if they decide it is.

I feel so sorry for girls in schools these days. I remember being mortified dealing with blood leaks and cleaning up but now boys are identifying as girls and taking photos just to humiliate them.

I've just seen a news report on the Southport Flower Show and they had someone on showcasing her menopause garden design. According to the designer, "It's to give those who are struggling with the menopause strength, encouragement, inspiration and to remind them that they're not struggling alone.". She should apply to be a presenter on Q's gardening shows.

Oh, FFS! How have women managed forever so far!

Well she talks a lot about different genders so I am expecting a spectacle.

I do wonder if she's getting a bit tired of the gender PC crap. I watched a beauty show with her (8pm slot, I'll try to find the product and maybe it'll be on an item video), and she mentioned something being good for all genders. Then added 'whatever' in a bit of a testy tone.

I do believe it was the LG TSV if anyone else can find it.

Just caught a snippet of the recorded show on the QVC2 channel. Alison appeared to be all alone standing behind a podium, wearing an alarming amount of blusher ( I am watching on a new telly, so the red cheeks may have been down to that) She announced some award for Gatineau gommage, and the BA with the comedy glasses and awful tattoos appeared. Then Katherine Goldsmith, who seemed to be sitting on her own in a corner, began shrieking that she uses this, and so does her brother. I then switched channels!

Latest posts

Back