How can such a price increase be made?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

piper4

Feline & Veiltail Techie!
Two Elms left & One Oak north of Pixie Wood on the
Hi everyone

In May I purchased a multi zone mattress pad 820500 double size at £16.00 plus P+P £5.45 and was very pleased with it, I thought I would get one for my son and when I put the number in the item for a double has increased to £33.00 plus £5.45 p+p, needless to say I haven't ordered.

I have seen some increases recently but by far this is the most.

piper

credit crunch !!!

yes indeed they are going through the roof, I have been watching a couple of items to buy, a blue topaz ring, looked the other day secretly hoping it may be in last clicks and it has gone up from £135 to £195, also on a more recently on air item, dreamkeeper jacket that sold out, watching it at £99 looked today, now back in stock but at £136!!! what is going on, even with the stronger dollar it makes no sense. It goes without saying that the TSV's aren't a patch on previous years, still at least I resisted the decleor one last week, nothing to make me buy it, they need to up the anti ...

yes indeed they are going through the roof, I have been watching a couple of items to buy, a blue topaz ring, looked the other day secretly hoping it may be in last clicks and it has gone up from £135 to £195, also on a more recently on air item, dreamkeeper jacket that sold out, watching it at £99 looked today, now back in stock but at £136!!! what is going on, even with the stronger dollar it makes no sense. It goes without saying that the TSV's aren't a patch on previous years, still at least I resisted the decleor one last week, nothing to make me buy it, they need to up the anti ...

I hadn't been too aware of the price increases until last night when I checked the mattress pad and well you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw the increase.
I agree with you about the tsv's I very rarely buy a tsv and this first one I bought this year was the Christmas Yankee candle which was on easy pay and that swung it for me.
Most of the time I buy jewelry in the last clicks section and have fortunate to find pieces that I wanted in there, perhaps the ring you like may be in the sale just before christmas I don't know the day but I got a few items last year and I'm sure someone will give us the heads up nearer the time.

kind regards

piper

If you check the tv guide on the qvc pages you will see the dates of the sales and which items are when - this goes up to 29th Dec at the moment.

I agree I know the dollar is now 25% stronger than a couple of months ago but some prices have increased by more than this. I was thinking it could be more for transport with the fuel increase but this has come back down now. They are just trying to rip us off - again!

If they have sales coming they may be raising the prices for 28 days so they can reduce them to the original price in the sale and show a saving. I think 28 days is the time they have to sell at a higher price for.

So watch out and you may get it for £16

If they have sales coming they may be raising the prices for 28 days so they can reduce them to the original price in the sale and show a saving. I think 28 days is the time they have to sell at a higher price for.

I believe this law has been rescinded and the 28 day rule no longer applies. It's up to the customer to decide whether or not it's a good deal now - big backward step for consumer protection.

I think you are right about this. I think a lot of stores are guilty of the same thing.

I believe this law has been rescinded and the 28 day rule no longer applies. It's up to the customer to decide whether or not it's a good deal now - big backward step for consumer protection.

Thanks, I didn't know that. I remember there was always very small print saying things like "This suite was for sale at the higher price in our store in Outer Nether Wallop for 28 days" and then I knew I was getting a bargain :34:

If they have sales coming they may be raising the prices for 28 days so they can reduce them to the original price in the sale and show a saving.
That's exactly what I was going to say. Even if the law no longer applies, they have a nice high price to put a line through, making the sale price look like a bargain :mad:

I wonder if some of our members who are more observant that I am (not difficult) have noticed a pre-Christmas price-hike in previous years?

clemenzina

I agree I know the dollar is now 25% stronger than a couple of months ago but some prices have increased by more than this. I was thinking it could be more for transport with the fuel increase but this has come back down now. They are just trying to rip us off - again!

If they have hedged their fuel costs in recent months - and there's no reason to suppose they wouldn't - then precisely this effect would occur. The customer could easily be picking up the tab.

A friend of mine just returned from a holiday in Tenerife and said when she went earlier in the year she got good value for her euro but not this time she said it was equal to the pound so didn't go as far. My sister lives in the States and she told me she has really noticed the change in the economy everything being dearer she said it's the worse she's experienced in her 38 years out there.

piper

Latest posts

Back