HP Netbook , any good ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cathtv

Registered Shopper
ANY PROFESSIONAL OPINIONS OUT THERE ?

Sure looks good, but I'm one of those suckers who get sold most things :rolleyes:

Thanks x

Hi cathtv, I am not in anyway a professional IT user but I am about to order this so I can do basic IT/internet activities.

I agree with you that it does look a good purchase and in addition I have checked out the Which? website.

Which? do not have this exact model but they have the HP Mini 110-1150SA which I think ( and I am happy to be corrected if wrong) comes from the same family as the QVC model which is in fact a higher spec, although that is not necessarily always a good thing.
Anyway the Which? model scores 70% overall which puts it into their 'Best Buy' category. It is listed as currently being available for about £300.00 just for the netbook.
I think tthe QVC offer is worth going for and giving it a good test over Christmas and if not upto scratch sending it back.
Just my thoughts anyway.

i really like this .it seems a much better buy than the samsung one and the added extras are fantastic and the crazy easy pays..gosh i sound like debbie flint lol

Warranty
PC: one-year, pick-up and return, parts and labour
Mouse & sleeve: one-year, worldwide parts-and-labor limited warranty. 24x7 HP technical phone support during warranty period
Flash drive: two-year, worldwide parts-and-labor limited warranty. 24x7 HP technical phone support during warranty period

Warranty
PC: one-year, pick-up and return, parts and labour
Mouse & sleeve: one-year, worldwide parts-and-labor limited warranty. 24x7 HP technical phone support during warranty period
Flash drive: two-year, worldwide parts-and-labor limited warranty. 24x7 HP technical phone support during warranty period

Thank you, you're a star.

You're welcome.

I did mean to add to that post but got interrupted and hit the send button.

If I had the pennies I'd be sorely tempted.
Husband said my netbook funds have just gone to DynoRod, LOL, drains problem, unforeseen, it's the pits.

Thanks guys. Sorry to hear your drains are draining your finances Jan ...
Still pondering...

Jan, I think you will find that the Dyno-Rod costs (God aren't they cheap) can squarely be laid at your husbands door. This of course means that you are clearly entitled to spend a little dosh yourself, no? I mean, even if only for the sake of equality.

I have been waiting for QVC to come up with a netbook I can't resist. I think this is it! Much better than the horrendous Archos netbook a few months back. The 4 easy payments is calling me...I can't say no!

Thanks Baby Riz, LOL.

The funny thing is he works for HP, LOL.

He doesn't often have time for QVC but he said it looks a pretty good deal having looked on HP's own website.

I've decided to hold fire as it's so close to Christmas, you never know, if there's another one on from HP I may do it!

Don't forget to go through TopCashBack or something similar those who have yet to decide.

Yes i know it was 250gb, dont think its worth £100 more, itsd only Windows 7 Starter not thre full version , its quite limiting from what ive read, but hope you are happy with it :)

Last edited:
Mine has just arrived. It looks OK, but to be honest I prefer a bigger one and it is a little stiff. You'll definitely need two hands for this baby.

Mine arrived on Friday. I wasn't sure when I first saw it.... I guess I wasn't ready for how small it would be. Although That's the point of a netbook. I have been playing with a 17 incher so coming down to a 10 incher was a shocker. It should be ok for me when out and about. I will put it through its paces until the 31st and decide for sure, so far so good. Some of the contrast lettering on say the page down/up arrows are a touch light for me. It would have been much better if they used darker print.

Latest posts

Back