HRH Julia at her most condescending this afternoon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodness Julie was a bit rude to the night wear ex ideal world presenter 🤦🏻‍♀️” SHE … watches other shows you know not just clothing “ …. Who’s “she” cats mother ? …

Im
Wondering if she’s bored sick or stressed as they not selling as much … I’m assuming they’re not anyway .. definitely something is off more than usual

Dale hasn't shown any interest in her for months, he's moved on to another lady at QVC apparently.

On house of games yesterday Stephen Mangan said the hardest thing for an actor to say is ‘this is not about me, it’s about you’. That should be in QVC’s catechism. Julia has a loving family and a nice life yet something is eating at her. I can only think it’s getting older but we all have to deal with it. She should count her blessings, sort her hair out, stop pretending the world spins around her (that photo😳 - why??) and just do the job she’s capable of doing well. If she can’t she will only get worse and should retire and have some fun.

On house of games yesterday Stephen Mangan said the hardest thing for an actor to say is ‘this is not about me, it’s about you’. That should be in QVC’s catechism. Julia has a loving family and a nice life yet something is eating at her. I can only think it’s getting older but we all have to deal with it. She should count her blessings, sort her hair out, stop pretending the world spins around her (that photo😳 - why??) and just do the job she’s capable of doing well. If she can’t she will only get worse and should retire and have some fun.
Maybe she doesn't have 'a nice life'. No one knows what goes on behind closed doors. She probably has a mediocre life, like most people with all it ups and downs. She has beautiful hair imo. Is it perhaps a tad too dark? Difficult to tell through the TV lights. There's nothing good about getting older, no matter what people say.

For some reason once Q issued them with iPads they also all had a not very nice personality implant or perhaps we just didn’t see the minutiae of their me me lives. Lord help us if any of them were actual celebs, just imagine how awful their social media presence would be but I suppose someone has to feed the machine, it’s just I don’t want it rammed down my throat when I’m considering buying a coat!

She has great hair Grizelda but the colour does her no favours now. I’m not suggesting she has a pixi cut - she’d still be swishing and flicking and that would be strange. I just think she could look much better.

It was always a bit too dark but now that she is fighting the really grey roots she is going darker and having it coloured more often so it just gets darker and darker.

Whilst physical more difficult to swish a pixi cut it’s not impossible if your smug face shows your intention

I think what you see on tv,is what you get in real life,the picture behind reveals her self importance.
66 nothing wrong in that,but I’m much prefering the newbies now, after a bad start for them.

I have found her a good enough presenter over the years. A Palace fan from Nottingham watched by a Palace fan from north London now living in Nottingham creates some weird and mismatched fan to club affinity. I suppose I do sense in her the big fish in a small pool, don’t take Miss Roberts’s shot, I AM QVC, about her, but I may be wrong. What she does have over some of the newer ones is a decent enough vocabulary and gives off the sense of having lived a life, rather than a grinning young automaton repeating buzz phrase after buzz phrase, which are unwatchable for me.

It was always a bit too dark but now that she is fighting the really grey roots she is going darker and having it coloured more often so it just gets darker and darker.

Whilst physical more difficult to swish a pixi cut it’s not impossible if your smug face shows your intention
You'd think her hairdresser would give her some advice, but she might not take it. Her hair is her best feature. I don't think it would look bad if she went natural, i. e., grey all over.

I have found her a good enough presenter over the years. A Palace fan from Nottingham watched by a Palace fan from north London now living in Nottingham creates some weird and mismatched fan to club affinity. I suppose I do sense in her the big fish in a small pool, don’t take Miss Roberts’s shot, I AM QVC, about her, but I may be wrong. What she does have over some of the newer ones is a decent enough vocabulary and gives off the sense of having lived a life, rather than a grinning young automaton repeating buzz phrase after buzz phrase, which are unwatchable for me.
Yes, she's an experienced woman of the world, but she seems to be competing with the 'young automatons' , which makes her look and sound silly.

Indeed. It is difficult for anybody of a certain age nowadays when they see young guns coming in to ultimately replace them. I suppose, like music, people from an earlier era in TV see potential replacements ‘making it’ because of what they look like, which box they tick, or both. No established track record is apparently needed any longer. It must hurt. The short route in these fields is now the norm it seems. Roberts came up the hard way like so many from the ‘70s and 80’s eras had to. Standing there in a figure hugging frock (the women at least) in 1984, holding up a prize on a quiz show (in her case), doing her time and waiting for opportunities to come on merit. Then people with five minutes in the business come in, getting jobs now others had to wait years for. Blank canvases with little to say worth hearing other than ‘literally’. It must pis..er yellow liquid her and others right off.

Latest posts

Back