Julia Roberts - irritation personified!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She talks so aggressively about her Poo-Pourri, it's like she'd smack you one if you dare to disagree that it's the best thing in the world. I noticed yesterday that she too has now fallen in to the "friends" zone, a "friend" asked her were she can buy it, a "friend" was so impressed she's bought some herself, a "friend" has got Crohn's disease and it's absolutely changed her life, another one disingenuous to a fault.

How ridiculous. Anyone with Crohn's wouldn't claim a stupid glorified air freshener has changed their life.

I can't stand Gill Gauntlet.

How ridiculous. Anyone with Crohn's wouldn't claim a stupid glorified air freshener has changed their life.

I can't stand Gill Gauntlet.

Yes I thought the same, it was a silly comment to make, or should that be her "friend" made. Maybe Gill Gauntlet should pitch Poo Pourri to the NHS as a way of dealing with Chrohns Disease were sufferers can get it on prescription. The silly woman.

She talks so aggressively about her Poo-Pourri, it's like she'd smack you one if you dare to disagree that it's the best thing in the world. I noticed yesterday that she too has now fallen in to the "friends" zone, a "friend" asked her were she can buy it, a "friend" was so impressed she's bought some herself, a "friend" has got Crohn's disease and it's absolutely changed her life, another one disingenuous to a fault.

This sort of manipulative use of disability or illness is disgraceful! It does neither Gill nor QVC any favours.

Yes I thought the same, it was a silly comment to make, or should that be her "friend" made. Maybe Gill Gauntlet should pitch Poo Pourri to the NHS as a way of dealing with Chrohns Disease were sufferers can get it on prescription. The silly woman.

Can understand why she's a pal of Del Boy.

It's not that people who suffer with conditions which affect the gut might be embarrassed about smells, but there are lots of great suggestions already offered on this thread which would work out to be much more practical and affordable.

Any scented oil based spray would work; like those dry body oil sprays. I always have a bottle or two of the Avon SSS (skin so soft)original body oil spray because Mozzies don't like the smell (I'm not over keen either but it's better than getting bitten! I reckon 3 squirts (scented oil..euw not that!) in the pan would have the same effect.

You'd have to know someone very well to judge how they'd react to the loo product. My late mother had ulcerative colitis and she'd have been mortified to be given this, even from a close and sympathetic friend. Whereas my siblings and I all suffer with IBS (diagnosed) and maybe my brother and I would have a laugh about it but anyone having a flare up any similar illness would call off trips away from home rather than cope in public toilets even with a magic spray.

My dear late Mum suffered with Ulcerative colitis and had to carry a speacial card around to show shops that in emergency she would need facilities if ever possible ...I think I would have told her about the product but would never have dreamed about a gift for her ...crikey it can affect you psychologically enough as it is ..but I am pretty sure she would have not minded me telling her about it at least ....I have suffered with IBS and quite hosnelty ..bread and lactosed milk are the culprits for me ...and grapes ....it was by pure chance I found out about the lactose intolerance ...it was a yogurt ...just an ordinary strawberry one ....I had been eating lots of Greek yog thinking this would help me and little did I realise it was possilbey causing the issue which was getting worse tbh...and then I though I will try leaving bread out and bingo ...but one more item I was eating regularly ...grapes ...without these in my diet my tummy is a lot happier ...and the difference in my confidence is great too ...I was getting really concerned ....could see me getting real problems but. ....I often wonder if this knowledge would have been available years ago woul Mum have been made a lot better ....

My dear late Mum suffered with Ulcerative colitis and had to carry a speacial card around to show shops that in emergency she would need facilities if ever possible ...I think I would have told her about the product but would never have dreamed about a gift for her ...crikey it can affect you psychologically enough as it is ..but I am pretty sure she would have not minded me telling her about it at least ....I have suffered with IBS and quite hosnelty ..bread and lactosed milk are the culprits for me ...and grapes ....it was by pure chance I found out about the lactose intolerance ...it was a yogurt ...just an ordinary strawberry one ....I had been eating lots of Greek yog thinking this would help me and little did I realise it was possilbey causing the issue which was getting worse tbh...and then I though I will try leaving bread out and bingo ...but one more item I was eating regularly ...grapes ...without these in my diet my tummy is a lot happier ...and the difference in my confidence is great too ...I was getting really concerned ....could see me getting real problems but. ....I often wonder if this knowledge would have been available years ago woul Mum have been made a lot better ....

May, I wonder if it is lycopene in red grapes that you can't break down.

May, I wonder if it is lycopene in red grapes that you can't break down.

It could well be Loveinthemist ....I really thought i was helping my situation by just eating a small amount everyday ...so I thought I would just take those off the list too and I tremendous help ...:mysmilie_59:...the anxiety with it all was a vicious circle but I am so blessed to have found the cause as far as I can tell ....any more flare ups and I a, straight to the docs but just experimenting has helped loads ...good luck for anybody with the same problem ...a lot more common now than it ever was and the nursery I worked at had quite a few children with issues that were referred to doctors ....I think also too much sugar can be a problem too ...

Yep my ego is still going strong. Lol

The other night whilst watching strictly, i thought how amusing it would be if they
Took JR on. Then we will all find out how fantastic she is, Dance wise..

Perhaps Anne widdicome the second coming. !

Latest posts

Back