I give in.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What the hell is a "HACK" ???? another Americanism ????

"tell us your Christmas hack and win a £1000 worth of goods"

The only 'hack' I know, is when someone tries to infiltrate my computer !!!!

FGS, can't we just talk plain English ?
"
  1. .
    informal
    an act of computer hacking.
    "the challenge of the hack itself"
    • a piece of computer code providing a quick or inelegant solution to a particular problem.
      "this hack doesn't work on machines that have a firewall"
    • a strategy or technique for managing one's time or activities more efficiently.
      "another hack that will save time is to cover your side mirrors with a plastic bag when freezing rain is forecast"
Phrases"

is what ive googled & ive heard it plenty of times especially on other channels

I have heard it used as a US term for a quick or easy way to do something like cleaning the toilet.

The tabloids use it for ads on their sidebar as well.

Oh, and I have heard it here in N.I. as 'I can't hack, fill in name of person.' Which means cannot be bothered with whoever.

If I read “I’m a cleaning expert and this is my hack to get your xyz clean using 5p item from Lidl” I will do someone damage. The last one I screamed at was how to put your clothes on a fing hanger, or to clean your oven racks put them out on the grass overnight (is that not the equivalent of soaking them for a while?)

I’m not entirely sure that some of these so called hacks won’t ruin the machine you are trying to clean.

That Mrs Hinch had a lot to answer for and if anyone tells me she does all that cleaning looking like a model from Vogue I’ll call them a liar.

I hate the phrase, you guys, how are you guys, what are you guys doing today. I am on a jewellery forum on Facebook and the Admin uses 'guys' a lot. We are all women, well as far as I know :D . It shouldn't, but it really annoys me.

People can get a hacking cough as well.

I know QVC is an American company but the QVC over here isn’t, so they should drop ”Americanisms” and talk to us in language that isn’t from across the pond. (Just my opinion.)

Is that where the stupid “lip, trouser“ etc comes from because I’m English and I put lipstick on my LIPS and occasionally wear TROUSERS. 🙄

If I read “I’m a cleaning expert and this is my hack to get your xyz clean using 5p item from Lidl” I will do someone damage. The last one I screamed at was how to put your clothes on a fing hanger, or to clean your oven racks put them out on the grass overnight (is that not the equivalent of soaking them for a while?)

I’m not entirely sure that some of these so called hacks won’t ruin the machine you are trying to clean.

That Mrs Hinch had a lot to answer for and if anyone tells me she does all that cleaning looking like a model from Vogue I’ll call them a liar.
She uses lots of tips I have used for years plus she seems to use lots of plastic bottles of cleaners when hot soapy water would do.

People can get a hacking cough as well.

I know QVC is an American company but the QVC over here isn’t, so they should drop ”Americanisms” and talk to us in language that isn’t from across the pond. (Just my opinion.)

Is that where the stupid “lip, trouser“ etc comes from because I’m English and I put lipstick on my LIPS and occasionally wear TROUSERS. 🙄
Don’t forget your little pump , singular, which unless you are Long John Silver you need two of them

Latest posts

Back