I give up!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ladies if you want to do screenshots it's fairly straight forward.

Can you see a button on your keyboard (probably top right somewhere) that says something like "PRTSC" or "SYSRQ"? If so, just press that. That will take a shot of exactly how your screen looks to you at that time.

There may be personal stuff on there so you may want to trim the screenshot back. To do that I use "Paint". If you have it, you can find it by clicking "Start", then "Programmes", then choose "Accessories" and you should see "Paint" listed there.

Open up "Paint" and click on edit and paste. Your screenshot image should appear. To trim it back there should be a toolbar on Paint that has what looks like a dotted line rectangle. Position and pull it over the bit you want to have as your screenshot. Press copy or cut. Open a new sheet in paint and paste it in there. Call it a name and save on your PC.

HTH

I'll try! after i get logged out this is what happens
1) click to log in here
2)takes me here where my details are saved from logging in 5 mins ago
(i have hid my email lol)
3)takes me here as you can see i'm still not logged in so i can click log in again and go round in circles lol

Attachments

• rocks 1.jpg
    rocks 1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 144
  • rocks 3.jpg
    rocks 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 141
Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies if you want to do screenshots it's fairly straight forward.

Can you see a button on your keyboard (probably top right somewhere) that says something like "PRTSC" or "SYSRQ"? If so, just press that. That will take a shot of exactly how your screen looks to you at that time.

There may be personal stuff on there so you may want to trim the screenshot back. To do that I use "Paint". If you have it, you can find it by clicking "Start", then "Programmes", then choose "Accessories" and you should see "Paint" listed there.

Open up "Paint" and click on edit and paste. Your screenshot image should appear. To trim it back there should be a toolbar on Paint that has what looks like a dotted line rectangle. Position and pull it over the bit you want to have as your screenshot. Press copy or cut. Open a new sheet in paint and paste it in there. Call it a name and save on your PC.

HTH

Thanks now look out for my screen grabs here there and everywhere.

I'm getting a very similar situation to Gemcherub and Fluff. I'm logged in until I want to buy when I hit the buy button and get chucked out. When I try to log in again, I go to the signing in page, but my details are already there, email and password, and it says I am logged in. So, I click the login button and go back to the auction page, where I am NOT logged in - and yes, this goes round in circles - even if I close the Coloured Rocks tab it makes no difference - I have to close down my laptop completely. Very annoying.

I think, however, it is probably even more annoying for all of you back at HQ having all of us moaning at you saying we can't log in.

I'm sure it will get sorted though - I have faith.

:sweat:

Hi all,

I have a little more information and some questions.

If you do happen to get logged out in the circumstances that Dingbat explains, then you will not be able to log in again until you have closed all copies of the browser that you have open - not just the tab that Coloured Rocks is in. You should not have to delete any cookies or reboot - just make sure you've closed all windows and tabs for the browser.

Meeshoo, just so I'm clear. Can you access secure pages on other sites?

Fluff, can you let me know why you are pressing F5? Do the auction details change automatically for you, or are you having to press F5 to make them up to date?

Gemcherub, other than the operating system, what are the differences between your two PCs, i.e. exact browser version number, anti-virus, firewall and so on.

Feel free to either answer on here, or email me if you'd prefer: [email protected]

Kind regards

John

Hi all,

If you do happen to get logged out in the circumstances that Dingbat explains, then you will not be able to log in again until you have closed all copies of the browser that you have open - not just the tab that Coloured Rocks is in. You should not have to delete any cookies or reboot - just make sure you've closed all windows and tabs for the browser.

This does not work John unless you reboot you CAN NOT get back in!

Fluff, can you let me know why you are pressing F5? Do the auction details change automatically for you, or are you having to press F5 to make them up to date?

We have been told to press F5 as the screen freezes alot and we loose sound from time to time

Gemcherub, other than the operating system, what are the differences between your two PCs, i.e. exact browser version number, anti-virus, firewall and so on.

Both windows fire wall, both mcafee, both IE 8

Feel free to either answer on here, or email me if you'd prefer: [email protected]

Kind regards

John

Hope this helps i'm no good with computers at the best of times!

Hi all,

Kind regards

John

John, ..... when the screen freezes.

The problems I've been experiencing are only a recent developement and seem to happen more in the evenings, presumably when more people are logged in.

So far today everything appears to be working perfectly.

Another thing John you think your still logged in until you refresh, you won't know you've been logged out unless you refresh(if that makes sense) so people assume they are logged in and when they hit the buy button they find they have been logged out so people think the buy button has logged them out but it hasn't if they had refreshed before they will have already been logged out (i do hope this makes sense) but you can still talk in the chat until you refresh.
So i have to keep refreshing with F5 to see if i'm still logged in or not and 9 times out of 10 i'm not!

Same today can't log in at all going round in a circle again again from 1st grab to 2nd grab

Attachments

• Untitled rtv.jpg
    Untitled rtv.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 110
  • rocks 3.jpg
    rocks 3.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 111
Hi Gemcherub,

Can I ask you to check that the time, date and year are accurate on your computer, please? You've got the techies excited because you seem to have gone in to the future! (The one screen shot shows a time an hour or so later than the post.)

If the date is incorrect, this may cause a conflict with the 'session' time that is set by our server.

John

Ist was taken today 2nd i took last night and just showed it you again as an example of the page asking me to log in after i had just logged in (to save me time doing another screen grab)!
I know i'm daft but i'm not that daft!

Sorry, Gemcherub - clutching at straws here!

It wasn't the time difference between your two screenshots, but the time difference between your screen shot from today and your post - the screenshot from today was a later time than your post.....

John

The post is timed at 12:42, but the screen shot shows your PC has a time of 13:38.

As I said, we're clutching at straws! One hour wouldn't make a difference, but it just gave the techies the idea of checking your date was correct on your PC - the day being wrong could have been a potential cause of the problem.

John

The post is timed at 12:42, but the screen shot shows your PC has a time of 13:38.

As I said, we're clutching at straws! One hour wouldn't make a difference, but it just gave the techies the idea of checking your date was correct on your PC - the day being wrong could have been a potential cause of the problem.

John

Now i'm spooked lol i see the post time as 1.42 not 12.42!
what time can everyone else see are you in England John? lol

Attachments

• Untitledshop.jpg
    Untitledshop.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 140
I see the time as being 01.42 Gemcherub!
Strangely since the new "pale blue login page" appeared things have been a lot easier for me, not for hubbys plastic tho lol

John, Is there anyway of a "tick box" that says (Along the lines of..) "remember me/keep me logged in unless i log out"? Perhaps this might save the problem of being logged out and fighting to log back in again.

Last edited:
John, Is there anyway of a "tick box" that says (Along the lines of..) "remember me/keep me logged in unless i log out"? Perhaps this might save the problem of being logged out and fighting to log back in again.

I've thought the same too, Tabs.

I'm beginning to think having Rocks open in one window and CR in another is causing the problems for me ..... couldn't possibly begin to explain how or why though.

1.42 GC if that helps.

John - I can use every single other site without problems. Sorry to mention this but I'm fine with GemsTV and presumably their checkout is secure? I can also buy from ASOS, M&S, Sainsburys etc etc all online. Oooops think I better get rid of my laptop that would save me money lol!

Latest posts

Back