i have to admit, i am a bit bored of QVC - is this just a phase ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love The Closer.

As for a phase, well mine has lasted for a few years now. I dip in between ad breaks on tv usually. Even if I am interested in a TSV will only watch it once or twice not even a whole show and wander off again. The last thing I bought was a Smashbox kit which I ordered a few days before it even appeared on screen.

On their Facebook pages many, many, many complaints about the amount of beauty shows on. So beauty must be a really big seller for them. It always a big seller, now it really must be the biggest selling products.

I am with Donna, can not watch a whole show, even if I like the stuff like Bobbi Brown. Have to chop and change and flick across chanels and get back to it. Otherwise I check on here, and on their (it has to be said rubbish) website
had some great bargains in the clearance section lately, thanks to Snarly and others who have highlighted things I thought : uh I like that.
Maybe its time to stop reading the forum too?????:giggle:

I must admit I've not watched half as much as I used to. I'm working funny hours now so don't always get chance to look in. Part of my job now means I have to keep a closer eye on the news/politics so have taken to watching BBC News 24 most of the time (and have been glued to Leveson - hearting Robert Jay QC). I only really tune in for beauty shows now - nothing much else...and I haven't bought for months, last purchase I made was a repeat order of ABC Skinwash.

Yes, and the Get Gorgeous and Fabulous at Forty days are 'getting' a helluva bashing too lately, -

what about the Nifty Fifties and Sex Starved Sixties ! (forget Carole Hochman) or is that just a tad too grannified for the kids in charge.

LOL
Reminded me of this -

With all the new technology regarding fertility recently, remarkably a 65-year-old friend of mine was able to give birth. When she was discharged from the hospital and went home, I went to visit.
'May I see the new baby I asked
'Not yet,' She said, 'I'll make coffee and we can chat for a while first.'
Thirty minutes had passed, and I asked, 'May I see the new baby now?'
'No, not yet,' She said.
After another few minutes had elapsed,
I asked again, 'May I see the baby now?'
Seeming flustered she replied 'No, not yet!'

Growing very impatient, I asked, 'Well, when can I see the baby?'

'WHEN HE CRIES!' she told me.

'WHEN HE CRIES?' I demanded. 'Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?'

'BECAUSE I FORGOT WHERE I PUT HIM, ---O.K.?!!!!'

I'm glad it's not just me. I got fed up watching ages ago. I do dip in from time to time but it's rare that I actually come across something that I really have to have. I used to take time off work and everything to make sure I was available for something good, but it has been years since I even considered doing that. I think the comment about "The youngsters in charge" hits the nail on the head. They don't seem to know what it takes to operate the channel in a way that everyone will enjoy. The gardening is a prime example. It was getting me so wound up and to screaming pitch about how often it's on, especially at prime time viewing hours when you want something nice to watch. And that's not even because of RJ - you could have put anyone on those shows and it would have been as bad. I thought it was time to look elsewhere and I hardly bother with "Le Q" any more. Even my old favourites, the beauty shows, aren't worth the effort now as it's the same products and demonstrations on every single show. QVC offer no incentives and no big bargains to keep customers on board either and their P&P, as we know so well here, is a major bugbear.

Last edited:
I haven't watched telly yet today. Postie brought 4 secondhand CountryLiving books and I haven't moved for 3 hours, am in heaven. Checked on here to see what I am missing. Thanks WildRose for mention, I know when anyone says they bought something, I check it out 'cause I, too, may be in need of it and didn't know! AlphaH 4pc, BlemishControl zapped-a-zit-in-a-day so thanks to you all for that. I laughed at Minim's spotting the ProductPlacement, getting too savvy m'dear ;-) I think Q must have noticed a big difference in me since I joined here. I used to say, "er, would you ... would you mind," now it's, "This product is unsuitable ... under DSR ... full refund!" Snarly's w-a-y more assertive! and feisty! Grrrr!

I agree with Moth. Decent beauty shows (my old faves) are now few and far between. I am fed up with seeing 1) Revitalash and 2) ultrasun. The only make up shows worth watching IMO are the Laura Geller shows when she is on in person. I too remember watching the naked faces of YBF, even though I didn't buy the range.

When I started watching QVC in the early 90's, I still lived with my mum. I bought Decleor (still use my white headband from one of the kits) Molton Brown cosmetics ( just thrown away an old maroon coloured molton brown make up bag that has lasted me all these years). Anyone remember the range that did an "American Manicure"? I loved that. I used to have a decent quality gold eek solitaire that everyone thought was real, and always bought the jumbo sized Shampure. There was always great variety on the beauty shows, and if you wanted you could buy a set of 20 "spectacular" lipsticks. I actually bought those as I didn't earn much in those days! What I mean is there was something for everyone, any budget, and I was glued to the shows from start to finish. I actually found that I was drawn in to buying and trying new things whereas now I do all my shopping in a much more targetted way, by going online and searching or waiting for a particular show to come on. If there is something I want like a TSV I will already know if I want it well in advance. Gone are the days when I waited up in my dressing gown to see what the Liz Earle, Aveda or Molton Brown TSV would be. I miss those days.

I quite like that Stephanie Weightman has replaced Dawn Bibby so watch a bit more now than I used to. Is it true that Stephanie's going to be racing at Doncaster in July? Is that wise?

Lol Marcus, she's much better on QVC and I think DB is better on C&C! I thought Steph looked slimmer as well good for her!

I agree. Stephanie is so much better appreciated on QVC, her talents were wasted on IW, what with having to play second fiddle to "magic hands" all the time. She's a lovely lady and is looking slimmer too.

I agree, she's a lovely lady and looking really good since she moved over.

What's all this about Anthea Turner doing craft on IW? It sounds like Gran Bovey's property business is struggling and Anthea's having to work for a living. She should have stuck with Peter Powell.

I have bought one thing since I swore off Q this year, I too used to stay up for the TSV and miss the old days when they had some really good value and interesting products. Or maybe I have just got used to them and find it all rather boring and predictable. I dip in and out like a lot of us on here, more to have a bit of a giggle and sometimes a gasp at their prices. I have had to be far more savvy and a lot less impulsive with my shopping since the recession\crash\pay freeze\constant rising prices. Agree that the whole thing needs a radical shake up to keep people interested.

I don't watch it anywhere near as much as I used to, I find it all quite boring now. I rarely watch a whole hour, like others I tend to dip in and out. My mum has said the same, we both love our jewellery but its the same old things time after time. I used to buy Models Prefer but thats gone now and even towards the end of her time there I was buying the stuff from Ebay, where I do tend to look if I want something now, money being tight as it is at the moment.

QVC often leaves me cold with it's repeated Jewellery, Women's Clothes, Jewellery, Make-up, Jewellery, Handbags, Jewellery, Crafting, Jewellery and Haircare (oh, and more Jewellery).

As a guy who likes to watch I do enjoy the kitchen shows, the gadgets and electronic hours, the men's watches, Northern Nights and even "Voldemort" Hoppen. I love to watch the Zumba hours as the people are so enthused with what they are doing and it certainly perks me up to see Kathy Taylor gallumphing around the screen wheezing as she trys to keep up.

I guess there is so much Jewellery as the items are small, cost little to post and QVC are able to make a tidy profit on their crazy p&p prices.

I want more stuff for men to keep me interested.

Latest posts

Back