I know there is another Lola Rose thread but...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like some of the pieces but they are way over priced even taking high quality into consideration, however, without getting too personal, i find Nikki soooo sweet to the point of nauseating!

I like the Lola Rose items I have seen in very expensive local shops. All the items were really sizeable pieces and very pricey. But I have been disappointed on the 3 or 4 times I have ordered LR items from QVC and have returned them all for a refund. I think that there is a quality for QVC and another superior level for other retailers. The quality and colour of the stones was poor and I noticed that Nikki made repeated references last night to the natural variations in the stones which meant all the pieces were beautiful in their own way. Does this mean that other people are returning their purchases as well. All the items we see on screen are lovely it is just down to personal taste which ones we would wear. The items I received were really dull and unattractive. The only way I will ever buy again is when I can afford to buy the items I can see and handle in a retail shop.

I have some Lola Rose pieces that I wear and love but to me it's quite casual jewellery and more of a summertime look.

I think that jewellery is a personal choice and for me if I absolutely love a piece and I can afford it then I would buy it. Value for money isn't just about the actual cost for me when it comes to jewellery. I have pieces that cost £20 that I wear almost every day that I love just as much as pieces that cost hundreds.

I'll be honest and say that I wouldn't be happy with myself if over time i had spent hundreds on lots of Lola Rose but the few pieces I have I do love. Would I spend hundreds on gold and diamonds ... oh yes. If I had the money I most certainly would.

I like Lola Rose and have quite a number of pieces,but have learned by experience not to buy the TSV just because it's affordable.I buy pieces I like and actually want.
Some of the pieces are very expensive though but it's good we don't all like the same!

My personal hate is the Pandora/Thomas Sabo charm things..I just don't like how they look and they cost a fortune but look a bit cheap to me.

It helps when everything on offer is on 3-4 easy pays. I've only recently bought some of the bracelets with smaller stones when LR was on 4 easy pays and again on the 11p P&P day. Both special offer days (ez pay and 11p day) made it more affordable to buy. Wish QVC would do more of that. I think it helps sales as well. Things went "limited stock" and sold out whereas today it is slow. Both QVC and LR are competing for everyone's budget in these times and during this Christmas season.

As far as Nikki and the QVC presenter speaking about how the natural stones will vary in how they look is nothing new. Ever since I started watching LR two years+ ago, that has always been mentioned. Sometimes they stress it more.

I love the weight and the feel of the stones. I like the heavy pieces that feel cold on my skin and then warm up. I like to mix braclets and wear different colours and combinations depending on my mood. I have some expensive gem set jewellery that I never wear as it is too delicate and I feel very self concious wearing but in Lola Rose I feel comfortable that I have accesorised appropriately no matter what I am wearing. Even though I have some vintage Lola Rose I will be able to wear it for years and years to come as the qualiity is that good. I wouldn't expect everyone to share my taste but I do enjoy the Lola Rose range. It's the 'presenters very popular bracele't I just don't get.

LR doesn`t appeal to me personally but I think it looks nice especially in the summer where it seems to suit summer outfits better, my daughter likes it but won`t buy it because she says its overpriced. I don`t like the cord and the hooks on the earings are so large and clumsy looking for my liking. Nikki comes across as being a lovely person though who has a successful thriving business, which doesn`t seem to have gone to her head.

To show just how Lola Rose does polarise opinion, you don't need to go much further than my Mum and me.

One year, when asked what I would like for Christmas, I said a Lola Rose necklace please. On Christmas Day, she "handed" me my present (actually, she nearly threw it at me in a strop!) and said in a loud voice "Well, I bought you what you wanted, but I think it's a load of over-priced plasticky looking rubbish!!!! Awkward moment, but at least I got the present I wanted, rather than a piece of jewellery from Pia, which she favours.

Can't please everyone, I suppose!

Craftybel ... interesting comment! I like Lola Rose AND Pia :eek:)

Mind you I don't like everything from either range.

But I absolutely love Pia handbags. Stunning soft leather. I have the red heart Pia coin purse on my Christmas list! And I'd love the pink mini satchel. Also on my Christmas list is a Lola Rose bracelet.

Craftybel ... interesting comment! I like Lola Rose AND Pia :eek:)

Mind you I don't like everything from either range.

But I absolutely love Pia handbags. Stunning soft leather. I have the red heart Pia coin purse on my Christmas list! And I'd love the pink mini satchel. Also on my Christmas list is a Lola Rose bracelet.

i know where i shall be spending my christmas gift money. what lovely handbags. thanks for that!

Hmmmmmmmm have read ALL the comments, but there is still no answer as to why LR only does hearts, flowers and oval shapes. It must be as easy to do a star or any other shape as it is to do a cut out flower. I have a couple of her bits, but not overwhelmed by them.

Latest posts

Back