Ideal World on Virgin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jimapak

Registered Shopper
Ideal world TV on virgin media has closed down, I have spoken to someone at ideal world and they have confirmed this.

Time to go somewhere else.

At the end of the story it says "Ideal World reported net liabilities of over £1 million in its latest company accounts."

That latest accounts were for net liabilities for the year ending April 2022, it may be more by now, will be near the end of the year before they release a more recent (for year ending April 2023) liabilities figure.

It's also strange that SDI (Retail CO 8) Ltd, is listed as a non trading company, they registered as a business in 2018 and done zilch since then till they've become a shareholder in Ideal World.
I wonder if a repeat is on the cards, where the name/assets gets transferred to new owner and old company goes into liquidation with all the debt. ;)

They were getting slightly better , with some well known names like Radley, Finery, French Connection, Evans, Biba. Osprey London, Lakeland Leather and a few Coach bags (y)
I thought their gardening offers were cheaper than QVC's
Their bengaline trouser way cheaper than those shown on QVC.
Still had some terrible presenters who screeched on the screen and cackling laughter
And they still did a few deals day in and day out to day in to day out😵
Having said all above, I have not bought anything from them for more than 20 years 🫣

I think IW offers a variety of products. They have really branded out. I hope they remain. Bought this today. Great bargain https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/lan...2c-new_iw%2c-previousprice_iw%2c-salescash_iw

Interesting as all my recent QVC purchases I have sent back lately, Mally Big Deal, Bobbi Brown TSV, Moremo hair collection and the recent Liz Earle tsv will be winging its way back. Rarely send anything back to IW.

I wish they would buy back my Vitamix blender (remember them)?

I was taken in by the hype of how good it is, and it is, but far too big for me, and won't even fit under the kitchen wall cupboards. Hardly ever used it, and cost £100s :(

They're more like Gloria Gaynor, then 😏
QVC, who are owned by Qurate Retail Group. Qurate Retail Group has been struggling financially, with a reported loss of $51 million in the fourth quarter of 2022 and a staggering $2.59 billion loss for the whole year.

So never say never, like I said they could be next.

I think IW offers a variety of products. They have really branded out. I hope they remain. Bought this today. Great bargain https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/landmann-moon-stars-outdoor-fire-pit-962273?query=fh_view_size=24&fh_location=%2f%2fidealworld%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3dfire_pit&fh_sort=-_match_rate%2c-onair_iw%2c-hasimage_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-previousprice_iw%2c-salescash_iw

Interesting as all my recent QVC purchases I have sent back lately, Mally Big Deal, Bobbi Brown TSV, Moremo hair collection and the recent Liz Earle tsv will be winging its way back. Rarely send anything back to IW.
That out door fire pit is very pretty Snowstorm with the mon and stars👌 and useful too as it can be used as a grill as well.
I have not bought anything from Ideal world for years, but I do look through their wares whenever I wander into QVC 🙂
Years ago I bought 2 necklaces made of silver plated magnetic haematite and pearlized glass beads and I have worn them so many times and still love them even though I have necklaces of value.
They have lasted longer than all the Honora pearl necklaces that I had bought from QVC.
I also bought 3 skirts from them (years ago ) and I was not disappointed with their quality, unlike those I have bought from QVC.
Ideal World has a brilliant P&P system than that of QVC 👍

I was taken in by the hype of how good it is, and it is, but far too big for me, and won't even fit under the kitchen wall cupboards. Hardly ever used it, and cost £100s :(
I think my next door neighbour has one, we get woken up if she uses it in the morning. She uses it quite often 🤦

I like reading your posts stratobuddy 🙂 You buy a lot of gadgets and give us your expert opinions of them👌

That out door fire pit is very pretty Snowstorm with the mon and stars👌 and useful too as it can be used as a grill as well.
I have not bought anything from Ideal world for years, but I do look through their wares whenever I wander into QVC 🙂
Years ago I bought 2 necklaces made of silver plated magnetic haematite and pearlized glass beads and I have worn them so many times and still love them even though I have necklaces of value.
They have lasted longer than all the Honora pearl necklaces that I had bought from QVC.
I also bought 3 skirts from them (years ago ) and I was not disappointed with their quality, unlike those I have bought from QVC.
Ideal World has a brilliant P&P system than that of QVC 👍There think IW comes in fort
Ideal World has a brilliant P&P system than that of QVC 👍
I know IW can be repetitive. To be honest most of the shopping channels can be. I try and be honest and each channel has its positives and negatives. I shop with all of them hence me having a broad approach. I thought the fire pit was fabulous value. I’ve been after one for a while and this had great reviews outside IW. My nicole items are fantastic and very versatile. Love the days they cap pp. I’ll let you know what it’s like when it arrives.

We got ours from Q. Like you say cost and arm and a leg. Have to say we use ours a lot. It’s an impressive bit of kit. The only bug bear is the jug now looks cloudy. What ever I do cannot clear it 😳

QVC, who are owned by Qurate Retail Group. Qurate Retail Group has been struggling financially, with a reported loss of $51 million in the fourth quarter of 2022 and a staggering $2.59 billion loss for the whole year.

So never say never, like I said they could be next.
That is QVC US, not worldwide, or UK or Europe figures. QVC US have been like that for years and still continue. They even bought the HSC a few years back, so own two shopping channels in the US.

Latest posts

Back