Ideal World on Virgin

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of the reasons I have been suspicious about Ideal World of late is that the prices have been cheaper than not just QVC which isn't a surprise but TJC who are a discount channel

You have a rough idea of what margins TJC run on as they talk about them openly on air, there have been at least 10 products they both sell including gardening where the last six months Ideal have been cheaper sometimes considerably

I do not believe it is sustainable

Do you know how annoying it is for a presenter to preface every statement with ‘SUPER’? Super This…Super That…Super The Other..Well, perhaps not SUPER THE OTHER with Rubberhead involved in the ghastly process…

Oh God..here they come..the Burke and Hare of shopping television..together…Two stools says Rubber.. Bang on with that one..

One of the reasons I have been suspicious about Ideal World of late is that the prices have been cheaper than not just QVC which isn't a surprise but TJC who are a discount channel

You have a rough idea of what margins TJC run on as they talk about them openly on air, there have been at least 10 products they both sell including gardening where the last six months Ideal have been cheaper sometimes considerably

I do not believe it is sustainable
I too question their margins. The Rug Doctor deal, for example was essentially too good to be true. The machine and a load of extras for a ridiculously low price. They appear, at times, to be virtually giving the stuff away, and nowadays it strikes you more of an act of desperation than anything else. You sense, one day in the not too distant future, some of these amazing deals will not extend to the reality of actually receiving them..

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree

I think people on this forum are pretty aware of the possible risk, however, the viewer who has no idea about this place would have no idea bar wondering why all of a sudden there are sports direct adverts slotted into the breaks....

I agree

I think people on this forum are pretty aware of the possible risk, however, the viewer who has no idea about this place would have no idea bar wondering why all of a sudden there are sports direct adverts slotted into the breaks....
Though they've been selling Sports Direct-supplied items for a while on the channel

I agree

that is what happened to me. I only found out about Shopping Telly just as the not so IW did a Houdini. I wish I had known about you guys sooner it would have saved a whole lot of grief for not just myself but others caught in the Ideal Nightmare!

Latest posts

Back