If QVC DON'T re-sell returned/used items.........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd be surprised if they are telling porkies because I do think it's not their policy to send out returned goods, that's why they have the two outlet shops, but obviously sometimes things go wrong.
A few years ago I ordered two Smashbox TSVs for my DDs for Christmas. For some reason they weren't delivered by the courier, but were returned to QVC. As the TSV had sold out, they couldn't send me replacements and when I asked for the originals just to be returned to me, they couldn't do it because they had no facility to send out returns. I pleaded with her as I knew how disappointed my daughters would be, but she explained that returns are kept separate and there is no way they could do it, so I received a refund. Money lost for QVC and, as I had predicted, two very disappointed DDs. However, it does appear from the many comments on this forum that their policy goes awry on a frequent basis - would have been great if that had happened to us with the Smashbox TSVs.

i love the stories these threads always provoke - bring on the teabgs and curry smells....:giggle:

The remark that really made me chuckle was something on the lines
"... and if you are wondering where you put your Coconut Mushroom, I've got it."
Poster then went on to explain she'd found the sweet in a handbag

I'd be surprised if they are telling porkies because I do think it's not their policy to send out returned goods, that's why they have the two outlet shops, but obviously sometimes things go wrong.
A few years ago I ordered two Smashbox TSVs for my DDs for Christmas. For some reason they weren't delivered by the courier, but were returned to QVC. As the TSV had sold out, they couldn't send me replacements and when I asked for the originals just to be returned to me, they couldn't do it because they had no facility to send out returns. I pleaded with her as I knew how disappointed my daughters would be, but she explained that returns are kept separate and there is no way they could do it, so I received a refund. Money lost for QVC and, as I had predicted, two very disappointed DDs. However, it does appear from the many comments on this forum that their policy goes awry on a frequent basis - would have been great if that had happened to us with the Smashbox TSVs.

i can understand how they wouldn't be able to find specific items to return - the sets had prob already been sent out to people on waitlist or whatever.

there is no way returns get sent out accidentally or on the odd occasion. it's a matter of routine and if you buy from clearance, almost guaranteed.

I learnt to my cost from an eBay purchase that the presence of "original tags" on any item does not ensure it hasn't been used. It clearly isn't that difficult to get hold of the labelling guns that attach them.

It's certainly not difficult to re-attach the tags to a Kipling bag, a wrap through plastic strip on the handles & a looped over on itself cotton string thing on the tags.....I'm as ham-fisted & impractical as they come but even I could re-attach those (having popped them safe in a drawer whilst I played with the bag for a week or two!) & make it look like they'd never been off in the first place, anybody could!

I agree with Janie, I'd prefer to be the first person to have clapped eyes on an item but I understand perfectly that items returned under the DSRs may well be in untouched, pristing condition, if someone has just opened the outer box, thought 'Yuk!' & trundled off to the P.O. with it the next day but not when they've clearly had the blasted thing for a fortnight or more.....! :tongue:

Generally, when things magically 're-appear' in stock, I try & stick 5 of them in my basket...if it tells me they only have 1 or 2 of them, I'm obviously ever so slightly :wonder: about it! *sigh*

Hey bad taste bear! I was waiting to see who'd take the bait!

Where is he now?

Still in Castleford wishing he were Jane McDonald I reckon!

Jude xx

There was a whole family of Pooles wasn't there. Like the Von Trapps.

Junior Showtime. Mark Curry. Kathryn Apanowicz....... Happy days?

I always smell my clothes from QVC as soon as I get them, I only started doing that, after I got a BO smelly top:puke:. Nowadays I also look at them against the light to see if they have holes in them. I also look for elbow creases on sleeves ( a sure give away :happy: )
In the past I have had labels in the bag that obviously had the "return" label peeled off and labels crumbled . Once a long time ago, I had someone's name label in the box and poor naive me rang and told QVC that I had the wrong label in my bag, thinking that it was there because they (QVC) had accidentally put them there and somebody was not going to have their order label:giggle: They were my early days of mail shopping.

Sad state of affairs to feel the need to set up a video recording of the opening of the package just in case there is a nasty in it and to prove to CS that they are telling porkies. Let's hope no one gets a pork pie in their Kipling. :puke::puke::puke:

Oh no it has happened to me! My kipling tsv bag from waitlist has arrived and smells strongly of perfume, the bag had been resealed and the long strap put on. I had one in another colour and the strap (as they usually are) was rolled up and sealed. I love the bag and will keep it but really disappointed not to have a tube of cream!

They definitely do send out used items. I ordered a replacement clarisonic as the first one had no sonic, and was sent one which had been used. I could tell because all the brissles on all the brushes were out of shape, missing info. booklets and there was no safety plastic thing on the pins of the plug. I was disgusted. Again, CS said they never send out returns! Have said I will go for a replacement, but maybe I shouldn't have.

I'm always out of shape !!!!:giggle: (think you meant bristles !)

I always smell my clothes from QVC as soon as I get them, I only started doing that, after I got a BO smelly top:puke:. Nowadays I also look at them against the light to see if they have holes in them. I also look for elbow creases on sleeves ( a sure give away :happy: )
In the past I have had labels in the bag that obviously had the "return" label peeled off and labels crumbled . Once a long time ago, I had someone's name label in the box and poor naive me rang and told QVC that I had the wrong label in my bag, thinking that it was there because they (QVC) had accidentally put them there and somebody was not going to have their order label:giggle: They were my early days of mail shopping.

i had exactly the same - someone else's paperwork and reacted the same way as you did ctd ;)

Oh no it has happened to me! My kipling tsv bag from waitlist has arrived and smells strongly of perfume, the bag had been resealed and the long strap put on. I had one in another colour and the strap (as they usually are) was rolled up and sealed. I love the bag and will keep it but really disappointed not to have a tube of cream!

See that's what happens one person gets a tube of cream or teabag and they all want one !!

A few years ago I ordered a MH vest top thingy on waitlist. Weeks went by and I suddenly noticed that my size was in stock, I rang CS and asked if my order could be shipped as it was still saying "in process". CS said that yes I could have one of the tops in stock but that it would be a top that someone had returned and was that ok - alternatively I could wait for new stock. On the basis of my experience I have always thought that QVC put returns back on the shelves for re-purchase.

Latest posts

Back