In response to 'I Love Jill Franks...'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It only took one comment to put me right of JF for life (I suppose it spared me having to sit through many others if nothing else!!). She was on with the Birkenstock lady, the Papillio birks came on and herself says 'ooh, Papilo, I love these'. Birki lady says 'actually it's pronounced Papillio but I suppose you can call it what you like' and herself giggles and does the 'I'm just a ikkle girl' routine and says 'yes, I'm not very good at pronunciation' and continues to call them papilo for the whole rest of the hour.

WTF??! Grow a pair woman, there's nothing cute about trying to look like a helpless likkle girly girl who's essentially incapable.

grrrr....

It only took one comment to put me right of JF for life (I suppose it spared me having to sit through many others if nothing else!!). She was on with the Birkenstock lady, the Papillio birks came on and herself says 'ooh, Papilo, I love these'. Birki lady says 'actually it's pronounced Papillio but I suppose you can call it what you like' and herself giggles and does the 'I'm just a ikkle girl' routine and says 'yes, I'm not very good at pronunciation' and continues to call them papilo for the whole rest of the hour.

WTF??! Grow a pair woman, there's nothing cute about trying to look like a helpless likkle girly girl who's essentially incapable.

grrrr....

Evidently this technique is far more popular than I ever could have imagined so I presume it's effective. Shame you missed the T caller episode of "my daughter died of cancer" and getting some generic "oh that's nice response".

Oh yes. I thought I imagined it, really I did. Then I saw my Mother's face peering out from the side of the newspaper with a horrified expression on her face and Mrs Bates (as I like to think of Mother) rarely tunes in. I remember clearly that JF gave every impression of not listening when the caller was speaking, her usual gawking at the monitors and fiddling with the item being talked about.

Have to say I really cannot watch either JF or DF.

Don't really want to get into the personal insults but do wonder how JF came from being the "fitness expert" to a "normal presenter".And wonder why and if her background is fitness does she present now very little if any hours on this now?

Some brilliantly funny comments here, which I completely agree with. As for that Pilates TSV gadget - what IS that all about? Just tuned in now for a minute and am exhausted just watching them. No doubt we are ' completely lovin it ' .....

...Should Jill Franks ever die, whilst with QVC, the SAME people will probably be writing to say how lovely she was

Doubt it, I don't roll that way and don't think the others on this thread do, that's not to say all of us on this Forum are so honest. The fact is the woman tries to comes across as a ditzy blond but only comes across as a stupid moo moo who loves the sound of her own voice and can't be bothered to listen to the likes of us "mere mortals".

No one need feel guilted into being nice about her, and by the sounds of it no one would, why should we when she doesn't care about us, if she did she'd actually take an interest in what's being said rather than fail miserably at multi tasking. She doesn't deserve our sympathy in any way, shape or form - her husband probably does though. :mysmilie_698:

...Should Jill Franks ever die, whilst with QVC, the SAME people will probably be writing to say how lovely she was:mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_81:

I dont know which one jill franks is(i dont really watch QVC i just buy from them) but i think all of us are grown up enough to realise that while we may or may not like someones presenting style we would feel sadness (if only for their family) when hearing of their death. Or am i just an optimist?

as for this being a horrible thread... true but a helluva lot more entertaining than the other one :mysmilie_17:

I think we'd all feel a little less aggravated by her incompetence if we knew it wasn't the horribly inflated prices and costs that go to pay for her to do it! I'm sure if any of us had been as inept at our jobs we'd have been in the dole queue pretty swiftly.

Let me clarify. I don't wish anything on anyone. What I am saying is if someone doesn't give a carp about you why waste your time giving a carp about them?
Jill Franks is a spoilt old woman (and yes I am older than her!) acting like a spoilt little girl. Like children, cheekiness is cute when young but just plain rudeness when they get older, when does something change from being cute to being cringy? when JF became 25 plus that's when.

Me being Horrible or not, she is a selfish woman, who likes nothing better than to promote her uselessness and her need to rely on her husband. What if he gets fed up with it one day and decides to leave her? How will she cope?

Sometimes it's cruel to be kind and that's what we're doing here (tongue in cheek) :cheeky:

If this is such a horrible thread...why read it? I think Jill Franks is a horrible presenter, so in that respect this could be seen as a thread about something that is horrible. There is a thread about how lovely Jill Franks is, why don't you go visit that one, Moyna and avoid reading the posts on here when you know you won't like them? Guess you can say I'm a fool, Moynah, but I don't care...I can't stand Jill Franks as a presenter, so there!

Last edited:
If this is such a horrible thread...why read it? I think Jill Franks is a horrible presenter, so in that respect this could be seen as a thread about something that is horrible. There is a thread about how lovely Jill Franks is, why don't you go visit that one, Moyna and avoid reading the posts on here when you know you won't like them? Guess you can say I'm a fool, Moynah, but I don't care...I can't stand Jill Franks as a presenter, so there!

:headbang: I can't bear to watch JF, she drives me insane!!

If you don't like it don't read it - simples.

When I look down the list of threads any that don't appeal I don't read.

As a presenter I can't bear her, another one who I find much more annoying is Kathy Tayler.

What JF does not seem to comprehend is that the programmes she presents are not about her, they are about the product. QVC should not tolerate someone, who is a salesperson for them, to hijack programmes in order to promote themselves. I have no interest in noting how " cute " she is, how spoilt she is or how useless she is in the kitchen. I recently struggled to watch a Pilates programme and an Easiyo presentation because she managed to turn them both into being all about her!

What JF does not seem to comprehend is that the programmes she presents are not about her, they are about the product. QVC should not tolerate someone, who is a salesperson for them, to hijack programmes in order to promote themselves. I have no interest in noting how " cute " she is, how spoilt she is or how useless she is in the kitchen. I recently struggled to watch a Pilates programme and an Easiyo presentation because she managed to turn them both into being all about her!

Hear hear! When I go to tesco I don't expect to hear the till operator's life story, I just want my shopping! QVC is just a shop, after all and JF is a sales assistant. End of :)

Latest posts

Back