In the olden days . . . . . . .

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
. . . . . . when an Advanced Order occurred it was because they ran out of stock (usually of a TSV) and were able to get a limited number of extra stock to despatch at a later date but at the same price.

These days they have AO's from the outset, as happened with the recent Bell and Howell solar lamps TSV.

Thus means that they don't have to get in any stock into their warehouse, and also avoid any unsold stock.

So they just wait until they get the customers' orders in, and only then do they place an order with their suppliers. And often they are direct despatch too, so QVC never see thems at all. This happened with the recent mattress topper.

My gripe is, what sort of fool would order something from them knowing they would have to wait 3 weeks or more for it to arrive?

The answer is - - - suckers like me!

No other firm would get away with 3 weeks to deliver something.

Last edited:
I am thinking of cancelling the last TSV advance order (the lights). I have been caught out by items I have bought on advanced order and forgotten to cancel or the dreaded auto delivery

I quite like AOs it gives me thinking time. 9 times out of 10 it gives me time to shop around and buy elsewhere or cancel it through buyer's remorse.
Me too! As long as I remember to cancel

I am thinking of cancelling the last TSV advance order (the lights). I have been caught out by items I have bought on advanced order and forgotten to cancel or the dreaded auto delivery
I think they’re due for dispatch from this Monday, so if you want to cancel the AO then you’ve only got a couple of days left in which to do it ….. unless there’s a delay, which wouldn surprise me. 🙄

But don't forget, AO have been known to come into stock earlier than the date given.

The number of posts on the Facebook about money taken from people's account before the date they expect, and they have been left short of money.

The money for the solar lights, which were on AO, left my account today which suggests they might be on their way as they usually take the money once items have been dispatched. However, sometimes it’s taken after an AO item has been delivered, if it’s coming direct from the supplier, so who knows. 😳

QVC seem to operate a “hit and miss” system. 🙄

The money for the solar lights, which were on AO, left my account today which suggests they might be on their way as they usually take the money once items have been dispatched. However, sometimes it’s taken after an AO item has been delivered, if it’s coming direct from the supplier, so who knows. 😳

QVC seem to operate a “hit and miss” system. 🙄

Ignore me. 😂

I rang CS this morning and the money was for another item I ordered. 🙄 Strato is spot on. They’ll be delivered w/c 28th June and apparently ……. they’ll be delivered by Hermes.

My Hermes team are brilliant, but I know some customers don’t rate them. Hopefully everyone’s will arrive safely.

Latest posts

Back