Infamy! Infamy!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maggiemay

Registered Shopper
This morning Jill Franks kept referring to the "infamous System Corps". Will someone at QVC please ask her to look up what this actually means. I don't think Decleor would be too pleased to have one of their products described as "Having an exceedingly bad reputation".

Also heard her say on a show last week that the phones were "literally in meltdown". Grr!!

She was on the Decleor afternoon show twittering away. She reckoned that she did not know that the Alguaromes could be used in the bath as well as the shower :thinking2: how many times must she have presented that item over the years? The fact that it says Bath and Shower Gel on the side of the bottle is a bit of a give away :smirk: Lost count of the number of items she says she uses - three aromessences for a start - not to mention all those other brands she supposedly uses. :hi:

This morning Jill Franks kept referring to the "infamous System Corps". Will someone at QVC please ask her to look up what this actually means. I don't think Decleor would be too pleased to have one of their products described as "Having an exceedingly bad reputation".

Also heard her say on a show last week that the phones were "literally in meltdown". Grr!!

Do you think our Jill could actually find her way round a dictionary? She mangles the English language so much I think she would struggle with the alphabet. I heard her say "infamous" and had a laugh to myself...lord that woman is dumb, she probably thinks it means fashionable and famous.

Last edited:
"functionable" is another favourite. she even has the kipling guest using that now. whats wrong with "functional"?

Could someone please tell her that when something is on for the first time that it is nothing to do with a high fibre breakfast cereal!!! It is branD new, not bran new!:thinking2:

We had an infamous Bobbi Brown Lipgloss over the weekend as well. Hilarious. SO funny. (as she would say.) :rolleyes: Just when I warm up to JF because she was good on the Harald shows she develops another annoying catchphrase!

We had an infamous Bobbi Brown Lipgloss over the weekend as well. Hilarious. SO funny. (as she would say.) :rolleyes: Just when I warm up to JF because she was good on the Harald shows she develops another annoying catchphrase!

I saw the infamous lipgloss too. The make up man's face was a picture - he knew she was using the wrong word but he couldn't say anything! You would think someone would have a word with her, she is just embarassing sometimes.

I saw the infamous lipgloss too. The make up man's face was a picture - he knew she was using the wrong word but he couldn't say anything! You would think someone would have a word with her, she is just embarassing sometimes.

This is what astounds me. She's been using 'infamous' in the wrong context for ages. Just somebody put the woman out straight please!

She was on the Decleor afternoon show twittering away. She reckoned that she did not know that the Alguaromes could be used in the bath as well as the shower :thinking2: how many times must she have presented that item over the years? The fact that it says Bath and Shower Gel on the side of the bottle is a bit of a give away :smirk: Lost count of the number of items she says she uses - three aromessences for a start - not to mention all those other brands she supposedly uses. :hi:

she told LE she uses her products all the time as well, i don't know why they feel the need to lie about it. The party line seems to be i use whatever product is being flogged at the time. I wish they'd be honest

Could someone please tell her that when something is on for the first time that it is nothing to do with a high fibre breakfast cereal!!! It is branD new, not bran new!:thinking2:

I think you have just hit the nail on the head for the reason she talk so much crap....its all the high fibre cereal she eats.

Do you think our Jill could actually find her way round a dictionary? She mangles the English language so much I think she would struggle with the alphabet. I heard her say "infamous" and had a laugh to myself...lord that woman is dumb, she probably thinks it means fashionable and famous.

Maybe we should all chip in and buy her a dictionary with a post it sticking out of the appropriate page.

I caught a few minutes of an OPI show this evening.

Alison Young was doing the what's coming up later bit and she asked the people in her ear "Who's doing computers at 11? Who's being intelligent?"

They replied in her ear and she said

"Jill Franks......?"

There then followed a few seconds of tumbleweeds while she struggled to gain control of her facial expression, followed by AY muttering something about JF being very good at handbags or something and we moved on.

I was peeing myself! (Y'know - as I do!) :D

This reminds me of when Anne D started and she used to crow on about how the results of whatever product were 'atypical' of that kind of quality. She clearly didn't know what atypical meant, it was hilarious. 20 mins of banging on about a product only to undermine the whole thing by saying good results were atypical!! Someone must have finally said something as I haven't heard her saying it recently.

Latest posts

Back