Intrigued by Join & Yong

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
Does anyone own any Join or Yong Kim outfits? Are they really fantastic or are they thin over priced tat? :mysmilie_506:

Does anyone own any Join or Yong Kim outfits? Are they really fantastic or are they thin over priced tat? :mysmilie_506:
Well YK is well over priced, you can get a very similar look on the high street for a quarter of the price. I wouldn't call it tat but it's not that a good a quality in my opinion.

There's been many threads about the pricing of YK mainly ,but Join too. I have tried YK and sent it all back except one tunic because they were too oversized and unflattering on me and overpriced .The one I kept did not fare very well after a couple of washes.

I know lots of posters love YK and Join and find them very good so its probably best to try some of it yourself and see .

Be very careful with YK if there is a choice of colours as they are not identical articles (other than colour of course).

The material is often different for different colours and only yesterday the sleeve length was different in one of the colours.

This a total mystery to me and verging on misselling IMO as it is rare for the presenters to pick up on this.

At one time YK was very different but now can be found on DHS for much less.

It is very thin and to get the "total look" you need layers and layers which can cost a small fortune.

I can't comment on Join but am doubious about anything which is one size.

Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to see somebody that imo looked good in either Join or Yong Kim. There is absolutely no shape to anything that I have seen.My money is very safe....lol

I've got a few YK tunic type tops, which I like, and believe I look OK in them. They are plain, but fit me well, and look nice accessorised with a piece of chunky jewellery or a scarf. I think they are good quality, viscose jersey, with a decent weight to it. I can wear them over jeans, trousers or a slim fitted skirt.
I bought mine from eBay for far less than Q's prices though.
I've never been tempted by Join, thus far.

I've got a few YK tunic type tops, which I like, and believe I look OK in them. They are plain, but fit me well, and look nice accessorised with a piece of chunky jewellery or a scarf. I think they are good quality, viscose jersey, with a decent weight to it. I can wear them over jeans, trousers or a slim fitted skirt.

Could I ask if they were purchased a while ago? I got 3 when first came to Q but thereafter any I purchased were poor quality and went straight back.

Can't speak for YK Quality because I'd never in a million years pay the price they're asking, I have however bought the viscose dress from Ideal World that's almost identical in style for a tenner and one pound p&p to lounge about the house in, it washes well and looks great on but unfortunately I can't tell you what you get for the extra £140 that YK ask.

I ordered a Join top that went straight back, it looked cheap and was badly creased. To be honest I've had better from IW at a much cheaper price

There's been many threads about the pricing of YK mainly ,but Join too. I have tried YK and sent it all back except one tunic because they were too oversized and unflattering on me and overpriced .The one I kept did not fare very well after a couple of washes.

I know lots of posters love YK and Join and find them very good so its probably best to try some of it yourself and see .

Yes, I ordered some in a moment of madness earlier in the year, when they were on easy pay. They all absolutely drowned me, SO much fabric!! Looked absolutely shocking in everything. An expensive mistake with the two lots of p&p on each item, although the return p&p was less than half what Q charged to send them to me!

Yes, the bits I ordered were a heavy weight jersey. Things like those £100(!!!) crinkle vest tops look paper thin, though, when held up on air.

I would say proceed with caution, and if you really want to shop with QVC for this type of garment, definitely start with a piece on easy pay... so if it's a disaster you're not too out of pocket.

I find for my physique (large bust, sadly large tummy) they look awful... it's a similar experience to when I used to try to shop at Laura Ashley in the 1980s... they seem to suit a pear-shape the best. I would say if you are proportionate (which I'm not), pear-shaped, and able to go for your true size, it's worth a punt if you really like the look (Lagenlook)... but I would also say that if you are not tall, you may need to be in heels - which could be counterproductive if you are going for the look for the comfort factor.

The piece I bought was a dress in a heavy ponte-like jersey. It was well made, but I looked like a galleon in full sale (and nothing stately about me). It's OK from a height point of view, as I'm 5'8" tall, but it was compressingly tight across the bust and the material hung down from my chesticles giving me the pregnant look. I don't think I need any assistance to look more well-upholstered than I actually am.

If you want to make a less expensive mistake with this look, I would just stick Lagenlook into any search engine and have a look at what comes up... many interesting designs, and great prices. I think someone on here also mentioned a highly-recommended designer who sells on eBay, but I'm sorry I can't remember their name.

One thing to remember about Q is that even when a range arrives with half decent quality Q will soon put a stop to that in order to squeeze even more profit. This happens generally (Marla Wyn) and especially made for Q (Kipling, Lulu G, Links etc) . Those words are the kiss of death for any brand.

If anyone wants to spend that sort of money on fashion items, then I do recommend Sahara clothing. https://saharalondon.com/clothing/tops-and-tunics Its quality fabric and cut, a little bit offbeat, and the packaging on arrival is top dog. Cardboard box with garment wrapped in tissue paper, not a scrunched up plastic bag inside another plastic bag ! Yes surprisingly they also sell Join, but not the 'pieces' that are on Q.

Latest posts

Back