Is Charlie watching us?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
He has just said he gets lots of criticism on the Internet for eating too much on cooking shows (Vitamix at 1730).

And he said he makes no apologies.

Charlie

CB just said he comes in for a lot of criticism from people on the Internet for eating too much in the kitchen shows,do you think he means this forum?

He`s probably so in love with himself that he googles his name everyday to check how famous he is.

strato, if Charlie is reading this, I'd say "if you can't stand the heat, Chas, stay out of the kitchen" (and scoffing everything in sight and not expecting people to comment is not realistic). Get well soon, Charlie.

He has just said he gets lots of criticism on the Internet for eating too much on cooking shows (Vitamix at 1730).

And he said he makes no apologies.

Too bad if he does mean this forum - he does scoff everything in sight (but I'd prefer to see someone looking like he does - i.e. like he enjoys his grub - than the people who look so thin, gaunt and unhealthy on Q.
CB just said he comes in for a lot of criticism from people on the Internet for eating too much in the kitchen shows,do you think he means this forum?[/QUOTE

I don't think this forum has the pull (and so the interest to the presenters) that it used to... numbers of posters and threads are way down from its heyday. Charlie probably read the comments on Facebook.

That said, I don't see why he should be criticised for eating the food that's put in front of him - it'd only go to waste otherwise. Good on him for making the most of it!

I'll be completely honest, I'd happily taste everything being cooked on those shows if it was presented to me!

What I find unacceptable is that the eating gets in the way of the job our purchases pay him to do... present the show!

It's up to him if he wants to be a gannet on tv - but please, do the job you're meant to be doing.

He probably gets a lot of comments on Twitter, well what do you expect when a shopping tv presenter has an account, waiting and hoping for all those adoring messages to boost their ego. I don't do FB or Twitter, wouldn't think anyone would be interested in my day, I wouldn't have the interest anyway to Tweet that I've just been shopping or out for a meal with husband.

Last edited:
He makes me feel ill the amount of free food he shoves in his gob. As for this forum it is fab and I would miss it if it was not here so thank you Graham and the Mods x

I was just about to say the same. He sometimes can't speak because he's stuffed his face so much with food that Simon or whichever guest has to do more of the talking and I don't find it funny to watch a grown man ram food down his neck. Yes, Charlie, I mean you. Have a bite by all means, but don't stuff food down your neck. And don't let us hear you say again to Simon the chef (you obviously thought it was off-camera, but it wasn't) - "Welcome to my lunch hour." No, mecharlie, it's not your lunch hour. It's a show you have to present that happens to be about food.

Simon (and Jilly Jones) seem frequently exasperated with Charlie's eating habits. They say it with a smile, but that's them trying to be professional. Can you imagine Paul Brodel or Joe (surname escapes me)* letting him get away with that without much more pointed comments than Simon or Jilly give him? I could imagine Paul in particular giving Charlie the sharp edge of his tongue (and possibly a rap across the knuckles with a handy spoon! :mysmilie_5:

* Ideal World food guests, if you don't follow IW.

I don't think this forum has the pull (and so the interest to the presenters) that it used to... numbers of posters and threads are way down from its heyday. Charlie probably read the comments on Facebook.

That said, I don't see why he should be criticised for eating the food that's put in front of him - it'd only go to waste otherwise. Good on him for making the most of it!

Yes, read somewhere ages ago, due to health and safety cooking programmers have to bin the food immediately after broadcast. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall might get on the case.

He probably gets a lot of comments on Twitter, well what do you expect when a shopping tv presenter has an account, waiting and hoping for all those adoring messages to boost their ego. I don't do FB or Twitter, wouldn't think anyone would be interested in my day, I wouldn't have the interest anyway to Tweet that I've just been shopping or out for a meal with husband.

Twitter is boring, all the hashtags get in the way of the limited word messages that it's painful to read and follow. They were supposed to increase the message length to compete with FB. Haven't noticed any change.

Clearly his jaw does work efficiently enough when eating, then why does he speak so darn s-l-o-w-l-y?

Twitter is boring, all the hashtags get in the way of the limited word messages that it's painful to read and follow. They were supposed to increase the message length to compete with FB. Haven't noticed any change.

I can imagine it to be boring, unless you're Johnny Depp of course, I bet he's got something worth Tweeting about, corrrr!! :talking:

Latest posts

Back