Is Diet Chef worth the money

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

it depends how you define 'going on a diet' doesn't it?

Trimming back on butter and cheese, cutting out biscuits, cakes and crisps and swapping to low-fat milk and yoghurt could help you lose three and a half pounds, says a new study.

It shows that people can get slimmer without going on a diet in as little as six months - and the more fat you stop eating, the more weight is lost.

that sounds like going on a diet to me! and there's nothing new about cutting down on fat - that's what the hip and thigh diet is based on.

SwedishGlace

LELover - you are right, thank you kindly :heart: Snarly's MindLikeASieve was doing well to remember 50%. lol

Sometimes we have to heal the heart and mind before we can heal the body. I lost lots of weight when I was nursing my late husband due to skipping meals and being too tired to cook, he couldn`t eat so i punished myself by not eating too. Then after he passed away I went to the opposite extreme by comfort eating and also taking anti depressants. I simply didn`t care whether i gained or lost weight or how I looked. If your heart isn`t in it then its almost impossible to have self discipline.
Once I worked on my inner being and began to realise life would be what I made of it and it was down to me to do it, then things improved. Yep i was still lonely, yep I was still angry, yep I was still hurting but NO I wasn`t prepared to be a victim of my own mind any longer. Your mind can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy.
For a start I refused to use the word diet, it was going to be a change of habit, much like stopping smoking. No more full fat milk, no more choccy biscuits or crisps, no more Lurpak etc etc and smaller meals, regular healthy snacks and more exercise, plus I also met my second husband and I wanted to look nice for our wedding. I lost a stone before the wedding and since we got the dog last Christmas and I`ve been walking her every day I`ve lost another stone and a half. I`ll never be a size 10, I`m 5ft 10" tall and my nappies must have been a size 10 but I`m now a comfortable and happy size 14/16 but more importantly not only do I look better but I feel better, sleep better and love myself better. Its an all round holistic approach , mind, body and soul but it works for me.

I did the ~diet chef~ last January (2 months supply)...all went well for the first one and a half weeks, but then the novelty wore thin,'cuse the pun, I started to really go off the food! Just couldn't look at it any more after about 2 weeks yuk. ...lucky for me my daughter sold most of the packets left on e bay. Found I did just as well on own food, supermarket light meals and home made soups. One of my biggest mistakes and most expensive from a shopping channel.

daydreamer

I haven't dieted since reading Paul Mckenna's "I can make you Thin." It isn't a diet. It isn't a quick fix. It's a life style. I eat what ever I want, but MUCH less of it. I put food on smaller plates. the cake which promises six portions delivers twelve portions(six mouthfuls don't taste better than three mouthfuls). I sprinkle grated cheese on salad leaves and cut ham into strips which makes it look more than it is. When I go out I eat exactly what everyone else is eating, but these days, can rarely finish it all. Strangely, it makes me feel very powerful to leave food on the plate. So far, I've lost a dress size(I did say it wasn't a quick fix) but it's not about TRYING to lose weight, it's about LOSING weight.

I have been eating healthily NOT DIETING for the past 13 months and so far have lost over 5 stone I still have another 5 stone to go but feel as though I am on the right track.
I have used both "My fitness pall" and joined Weight Watchers. I had 12 weeks free from my G.P and have kept up my membership.
Any slimming club is about FAR MORE than just getting weighed every week, it is about the friends you make who are on the same journey you are who understand what you are going through . It is about the motivation you gain from the weekly weigh in.
I am NOT DIETING I have changed the way I eat, and I am trying to add in exercise to my daily life even if it is just walking to the village shop rather than stopping on my way home.
There is a Drop your weight thread down in the drop if any one wants to join us there, it is a bit quiet right now due to the time of year !! but it always picks up in the New Year so why not introduce your self now and then you will be ready to get going once the New year is here.

YES! I lost 15kg and I've kept it off. If you're busy, don't want to prepare two separate meals or live alone and don't want to have to think about what to prepare each meal, it's excellent.
That said - you don't have to do it through DC - you can buy most of the stuff in the supermarket. It's not that hard.

I have lost 2 stone since the summer. I am not on a diet but have changed my habits, hopefully for the long term, and have just snook into the normal BMI range. Maybe i will lose more, maybe i won't.
My top tips - don't buy it in the first place! Don't even go down the goody aisle in the shop. Get some kitchen scales to see what a portion size is. Read labels properly - not just the summary on the front of the package - so you can make informed choices.
I had to be in the right place mentally before I could do it.

I'm one of those people who is genuinely happy being a size 18/20. I am fit and as healthy as I can be. I have health issues that cause problems with my weight but I am very careful about what I eat because if I wasn't I'd be a 28/30 in no time.

I'm fairly tall and always wear high heels so that helps to give an illusion of being slimmer than I am. I have always been chubby so I know my body well and what suits. I lost quite a bit of weight when my health issues were diagnosed because I got the right medication and went from a 22 to a 16 but staying there is nigh on impossible. An having fallen badly a couple of years ago going to the gym three nights a week has had to take a back seat.

I have discussed my weight with my GP and he's happy that I'm doing the best I can. I have to settle for being healthy and well, slim just isn't an option given the health hand I've been dealt. But I am genuinely OK with that. My weight doesn't stop me from doing anything. I'm not embarrassed by it or out of breath running up the stairs and in my single days it didn't stop the men from chasing my chubby backside either ... lol

Last edited:
YES! I lost 15kg and I've kept it off. If you're busy, don't want to prepare two separate meals or live alone and don't want to have to think about what to prepare each meal, it's excellent.
That said - you don't have to do it through DC - you can buy most of the stuff in the supermarket. It's not that hard.
How did you put up with the taste blarf? Lot's of people gave up because of it and I can imagine what food from a packet may taste like.

I have been eating healthily NOT DIETING for the past 13 months and so far have lost over 5 stone I still have another 5 stone to go but feel as though I am on the right track.
I have used both "My fitness pall" and joined Weight Watchers. I had 12 weeks free from my G.P and have kept up my membership.
Any slimming club is about FAR MORE than just getting weighed every week, it is about the friends you make who are on the same journey you are who understand what you are going through . It is about the motivation you gain from the weekly weigh in.
I am NOT DIETING I have changed the way I eat, and I am trying to add in exercise to my daily life even if it is just walking to the village shop rather than stopping on my way home.
There is a Drop your weight thread down in the drop if any one wants to join us there, it is a bit quiet right now due to the time of year !! but it always picks up in the New Year so why not introduce your self now and then you will be ready to get going once the New year is here.

i don't have a problem with the word dieting. i don't see as it makes any difference what you call it tbh.
for me, MM, slimming world, once i'd got all the info, was exactly that - paying £5 to get weighed. most people just got weighed and left, the ones who stayed - i did most weeks - just had to listen as the leader went round the room saying to each one - 'ok, you lost 2lbs, what do you want to lose next week?'. no-one was looking to make friends - like most things, they went in pairs and just sat with their friend. i don't need a little sticky star or everyone to clap if i've lost weight, all i want to do is lose the weight! if you get more out of a weight loss group, that's great but i didn't. i think it's very overpriced - it only costs me £3 to go to the gym and i get a lot more out of that.

i've gone through the first 3 pages 3 times now and still can't see the other thread related to this - help!

I think that like every thing in life it is courses for horses what works for one won't work for another.
In the long term we are all looking to achieve the same result weight loss and there are as many ways of doing this as there are people who are trying to lose weight. We all put our excess weight on over different lengths of time for very different reasons so it makes sense that we are all going to lose it in very different ways as well.
So good luck to every one who is losing weight whether you are doing Diet chef, Weight watchers, Slimming world, My fitness pall or just plain old watching what you eat and doing more exercise ,this must be the HARDEST time of year to loss those excess pounds so hang on in there and it will come off eventually.

Anyone care to join me on a lovely walk with Maisie (avatar) and there won't be any need for Diet Chef, sickly shakes etc.? I promise you it's wonderful......take in our fabulous changing scenery during the different seasons, pop your camera in your pocket to capture it all and the fresh air will lift your spirits no end. Walk through the door to the delicious smell of a slow-cooked casserole, shepherd's pie or whatever and you'll feel great. Even walking in the rain improves your mood although I do draw the line at torrential downpours much to Maisie's disgust!!!

Iv never had to watch weight and for first time in life Im not a 28" waist and caould wear jeans falling down, now Im piling it on and ****** fast, is it the pills? its gotta be, Im least a 34 waist now and getting bigger by the day. My dad, even my nephews are Gobstruck, Im just getting huge. My dad said ' Lee if you want to get well then you have to tackle your weight as well son' he is right but as I never been large before, didnt know first thing about how to diet, I was one of those who eat what I like and didnt put weight on, now Im piling it on. Iv learnt a lot from some of the advice in this thread and Im glad I posted the thread as I was thinkiing about a huge financial outlay for the DietChef stuff. QVC only weight product now, apart from exercise and I wouldnt go to a gym, God how embarasing, Iv got flabs I aint showing off to anybody, Im struggling to get a couple of baths a week as I have to face up to it then, rest of time, I dont look. what about just eating this Cabbage Soup? My sister has the recipe and she says if I make a batch, I will loose weight fast if I stick to that for long enough. She is offering to cook it too!

BusyLizzie, what a lovely offer, would love to get a dog again and they do indeed keep you fit. another idea, thanks keep em coming

Oh Tristar my sister once tried the cabbage soup diet and to be blunt she was never off the loo and had constant wind and bloat.

Anyone care to join me on a lovely walk with Maisie (avatar) and there won't be any need for Diet Chef, sickly shakes etc.? I promise you it's wonderful......take in our fabulous changing scenery during the different seasons, pop your camera in your pocket to capture it all and the fresh air will lift your spirits no end. Walk through the door to the delicious smell of a slow-cooked casserole, shepherd's pie or whatever and you'll feel great. Even walking in the rain improves your mood although I do draw the line at torrential downpours much to Maisie's disgust!!!

Yep Lizzie I agree. We got our labrador just over a year ago. She`s young, boisterous, full of beans and a pleasure to watch. Even walking her in the rain is still a pleasure and she`d go on and on if she had her way.

yeah I kind of expected that would be an issue. I live alone, thnkfully, could just about manage it, if it works. I also thought about laxative chocolates

Latest posts

Back