Is it just me ? ....I don't like this look

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilian

Registered Shopper
It seems that amongst the presenters its all the rage to wear flimsy dresses & then thick black / dark coloured tights & black boots. Claire is wearing a thin lilac dress with thick black tights & knee length black boots this afternoon.

Personally I don't think its a good look at all. Perhaps I'm behind the times:sad:

i was reading in a top magazine that in new york womaen must have bare legs,a real tan or a really good fake tan and have flawless skin not alook that everyone can achieve lol.
i love my opaque tights and if i wear them with boots the boots must be elegant when worn with a skirt..

flimsy dresses & then thick black / dark coloured tights & black boots.

Looks totally wrong to me.
Leaves me wondering, 'Are you dressing for summer or winter?'

I can't recall seeing any of the presenters wearing outfits I've admired but I do wear a lot of tea dresses or other 'pretty dresses', with opaque tights and boots. I'm 30.

I think the weight of the dress is key - well, in my world it is.
If the dress spells "summertime" it just jars with boots

I wear the same dresses all year round. In summer with sandals and in winter with chunky cardigans, tights and boots.

I can't recall seeing any of the presenters wearing outfits I've admired but I do wear a lot of tea dresses or other 'pretty dresses', with opaque tights and boots. I'm 30.

Me too. It has to be pretty hot for me to get my legs out, but most of my wardrobe is dresses so I'm mainly in a dress with opaque tights and boots.

It seems that amongst the presenters its all the rage to wear flimsy dresses & then thick black / dark coloured tights & black boots. Claire is wearing a thin lilac dress with thick black tights & knee length black boots this afternoon.

Personally I don't think its a good look at all. Perhaps I'm behind the times:sad:

I`m with you on this and they seem colour inapropriate too, dark tights with very light coloured/weight materials..maybe an age thing with me, I`m no spring chicken.
I`ll stay behind the times if thats the case because none of them look good, not to me anyway.
Each to their own as they say! :)

I'll stay behind the times too. For me its the same as wearing black tights with white shoes - ugh !

I saw a model wear one of the Tiana B frocks - a light coloured plain one, and she had only an 1" of knee showing between the hem of the dress and her long black boots. Nah ! not what I call attractive.

But then I'm no fan of the 'clumpy bandage' shoe look either. Pictures of the models/celebs wearing a beautiful evening gown, and then you see her feet ! a platform shoe with thick straps across the foot and around the ankle somehow just doesn't cut the mustard with me. Ladies feet should have 'pretty' shoes , not the cement boots that some of them wear. Just my view, and yes I'm sounding like my gran did when I was young. Ah well.

It is lovely that there are no hard and fast rules these days. I remember all that no brown to be worn with black, no blues and green together, no white after Labour day, for heavens sake, life is too short to worry about that, wear what you like and enjoy

I love opaque tights.I think theres nothing more aging than the denier tights.AY had her shoes on FB from the beauty bash - and it was the tights I took offence to! Not her shoes! She would have looked far better and slimmer in opaques.

I have noticed the opaques and platform shoes a lot with presenters- I think the clip you're talking about today is CS in the Tiana B dress - I think she had that combo on as she had to wear the Tiana B OTO.

I`m with you on this and they seem colour inapropriate too, dark tights with very light coloured/weight materials..maybe an age thing with me, I`m no spring chicken.
I`ll stay behind the times if thats the case because none of them look good, not to me anyway.
Each to their own as they say! :)

Clare would have looked much more stylish this afternoon if she had worn opaque tights & black high heels.

AY has a thing about wearing black / grey tights with dressy stuff & Emu boots !! Looks awful.

Well I'm somewhere in the middle. I only ever wear opaque tights with boots. If I'm wearing shoes it should be sheer tights. Opaques don't look right on my lower legs for some reason.

I'd happily wear a floaty frock with boots but I'm lucky enough to have a few pairs of knee high boots so I wouldn't wear a pale floaty frock with thick black tights and boots. I have a turquoise background flowery frock that I wear with silvery grey boots. When I bought those boots (in the sale!) I did think to myself that they wouldn't get much wear but they go with so many different things. Since the vibe bought plum, burgundy and taupe elegant high heeled suede boots. All in the sale I might add.

boots

I'm not a fan of coloured tights but I think black tights are perfectly acceptable on pretty much every occasion. Alison gets it wrong because she wears emu boots with dark tights and evening/party dresses. If she wore the boots and tights with daytime dresses, even summer style daytime dresses, it would work much better.

I agree with the previous poster that there is nothing more old fashioned than those tanned flesh coloured tights. You know the ones, where they are a few shades darker than your skin and are that thin, matte, slightly bobbily texture.

I agree with the previous poster that there is nothing more old fashioned than those tanned flesh coloured tights. You know the ones, where they are a few shades darker than your skin and are that thin, matte, slightly bobbily texture.

I'm not talking about those though. The ones I wear look like I'm wearing NO tights but look much better than if I actually wasn't wearing tights (if you get my drift). More often than not, my friends ask if I'm wearing tights, they look so natural. I think if she'd worn these with the orange or nude shoes, she'd have looked great. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
ILC, do you mean the nude semi-glossy tights? Yes, I wear those for work sometimes in summer.

I was thinking of the tan coloured granny tights, hideous.

Latest posts

Back