Is it my imagination ............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheetycat

Registered Shopper
....... or are the TSV's from the "popular" brands coming around much sooner than they used to.

I mostly really buy TSV's from Laura Geller, Decleor but sometimes buy the odd one from other beauty brands.

However I was just looking back over my order history and in the past 6 months and I've bought THREE Laura Geller TSV's and THREE Decleor TSV's

I'm pretty sure that in years gone by there would only be maybe a Christmas TSV, then a kind of spring time one, then maybe another one heading in to the autumn.

But it seems like there's one every other month now.

I mean today it's a LG TSV and it's only been 8 weeks since the last one, and the Decleor one from a couple of weeks ago had only been 10 weeks since the previous one.

I'd never really thought about this until today as I knew it really hadn't been all that long since I bought the last LG TSV, which prompted me to check. Glad I did, it's made me realise just how much I'm spending on these and how easily led in to buying that I really am :grin:

Its pathetic really when there's brands like Ybf that haven't had a TSV for years , and the likes of Alpha H and Philosophy that are lucky to get 1 TSV every 6months. If sales have declined on Q its probably due to the fact people are bored with the same brands every month.

Why not give some of the newer brands like Wen , Akin and benefit a chance of a TSV and see how they sell.

Definitely lots more TSV's these days!!

The 1st year I watched QVC (goodness knows how long ago) there were just 2 NN TSV's in a year, a featherbed and a bedding set......had to wait a year to get an actual duvet as a TSV.

2 LE's......and NO gobby presenting.

2 Gatineau, Decleor etc......

We used to grab the TSV's at midnight because we never knew when there would be another one!!

Those were Heady, exciting ST.com days!!

Not to mention the brilliant (sometimes) Bargain Hunter stuff on Teletext......

I am feeling all nostalgic :mysmilie_17:

Lol remember those Bargain Hunter things - you used either get something really, really good and really, really cheap ......... or it was full of the really BAD stuff that nobody wanted :wink:

It's misplaced marketing, thinking that the more of the popular brands they put before our eyes, the more we'll buy. Maybe we will - to a point. Then we get wise and switch off - literally.

Shouty, machine-gun-delivery presenters who will have their say at all costs, repetition of the same old brands and even same old stock, attempts to stack up profits by inflated postal charges - the things they do these days just won't work in the long run. Will they never learn?

I agree, TSVs are coming around a lot sooner. Someone mentioned the next LG one will be in May, that's only three months away, and means if Cheetycat bought 3 in 6 months, then that will be 4 in 9 months! I too remembered the times when I would feel true lily gutted to have missed a TSV from a favourite brand.

I must admit I will occasionally not buy a Laura Geller TSV if I don't think I will use all of it, but then I go mad and buy multiple ones of the ones I love, so it probably balances out.

I must admit, I am wearing a lot more make up then I did years ago. 10 years ago, it was eyeliner, and lip pie if I wanted to make an effort. Now I must use at Lear 10 different products, from primer and concealer to grow product! I suppose the more you have, the more you feel the need to use it.

Dyson is another one that seems to have a TSV with alarming regularity these days, there's yet another one on 26th Feb for goodness sake! And don't get me started on Kipling, they seem to be every 6/8 weeks now. I'm afraid the days of anticipation for long awaited TSV's have gone for me. I used to stay up until midnight if the TSV was for a brand I really liked, even though I had to be up at 5.45 for work in the morning. It's all so samey and boring now, nothing I really want.
Oh and there's 2 Hi-Tech Toys and Electronics TSV's next week, whoopee, can't wait!!!!

I think you're right Laura L'occitane - the more stuff you have the more you feel you need to use it all. Perhaps to justify the cost.

And yes, I remember when you used to come home of an evening to discover that there had been a TSV of your favourite brand and your colour/skin type/other variation was now sold out. You felt absolutely cheated that you'd missed it and prepared yourself for the long wait till the next one, determined that you wouldn't miss it next time.

Now you just think "oh well, doesn't matter, there'll be another one in a few weeks"

Of course that was in the days before QVC were sending you pre-release e-mails and postcards through the door days in advance to tempt you. And in the days when you actually had to wait until midnight to purchase or even see what was in the TSV.

Qvc has never been so boring as it is now, from boring shouty presenters, and so called beauty experts, to the same old brands. A major shake up is long overdue, let's have some new brands and a brand new beauty expert to start with, oh and no more JF on every single night. That's sounding better already.

Dyson is another one that seems to have a TSV with alarming regularity these days, there's yet another one on 26th Feb for goodness sake! And don't get me started on Kipling, they seem to be every 6/8 weeks now. I'm afraid the days of anticipation for long awaited TSV's have gone for me. I used to stay up until midnight if the TSV was for a brand I really liked, even though I had to be up at 5.45 for work in the morning. It's all so samey and boring now, nothing I really want.
Oh and there's 2 Hi-Tech Toys and Electronics TSV's next week, whoopee, can't wait!!!!

Don't start me on steam mops!

Yes, I think you are right LLE, they are coming around far more often than they used to. Having said that, I admit to buying today's offering from Laura Geller! However, I passed on the last one as I still had plenty of her products to use. I bought Decleor in November last year but I'm not sure if there has been any since?

I agree with Autumn, we should have some "new blood" injected into these TSV's. It is getting very boring with the same old faces popping up every couple of months. YBF would be nice, I would probably buy it as I have never tried their cosmetics, so I'd give it a go.

Inge

I definitely agree. All the usual suspects have been named I think! Dyson, Emu, Mally, Lulu seem to have been on so much lately. I admit to buying a number of the beauty ones but even I cannot keep up with the frequency as I would run out of cupboard space.

This is not a new subject. I have commented umpteen times on here about the regularity of certain brands. With some products its like Groundhog Day, pitching up every 5 or 6 weeks, - Charlie Bears, Northern Nights then Mally followed by Kipling.

Mally is definitely another one. We've already had another TSV since the big flat boxed kit that was supposed to be the Christmas one.
It's the same with nail stuff. How many Nails Inc have there been recently? Seems to be one every few weeks. Leighton Denny the same, at least I like watching Leighton.

It seems to me as if there is an EMU TSV every month. It gets so boring. Oh and how could I forget Hi tech toys (zzzzz!) and Kipling bags.

Okay, I am going to add blame the brands as well. QVC will plan TSVs months or even a year ahead, they will no doubt ask the brand how many TSVs can you supply in 2014? So I will say brands mentioned if they can will jump at 4,5,6 a year. Smaller brands won't have the stock to supply say 10,000* units in one go even perhaps 3 times a year.

Its quick money as well, if you can shift 5,000* units sold in one day with say 10,000* supplied, how long will it take you to sell that in department stores and salons?

* These figures are just off the top of my head by the way. I will say they supply and sell more.

We have found out Beauty in now the biggest seller for QVC UK, 30% of total sales. So of course they will push the department like mad. Not sure but think by the number of fashion TSVs, that will be the next biggest seller?

Skincare and cosmetics make the highest profits for everybody. It costs pennies to make and can be mass produced quickly. Q will make a good profit on each tsv , as will the brand. They don`t have to pay for expensive TV ads or glossy magazine ads or high rentals on hundreds of high street outlets. It`s a winner for them all and they know that once sucked in the customers will keep coming back for more and more.

Until they read this forum, that is ...

Did I mention my £3 skincare from Cyclax, Oil of Evening Primrose? No apologies to QVC, Elemis or Decleor.
(Yes, several times, but so what).

Richard Jackson has one of many gardening tsvs tonight hopefully it will not be another one of his many products.

Funnily enough a relative of mine who has felt for years that Q could do no wrong said yesterday, "It's a bit boring and repetitive at the moment, isn't it?" Harsh criticism indeed :wink:

Latest posts

Back