IT Cosmetics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Back in December, there were posts on the QVC Facebook page a few people saying they thought it was on the way out? IT are in larger Boots and other places now, so perhaps they no longer need QVC to get the brand out there to the public? I know the SA in our city centre Boots, she worked for Guerlain before and that is how I got to know her. She said the brand just sells its self, but she loves to make up people get the right shade of product for them. I have to say, she is always giving me samples of the skin care, which are really nice. She filled a pot with the eye cream for me, and it was like half the size of buying a pot!

I remember a few years back talking to a friend who does buy from QVC, and she commented she thought many brands come to QVC to get their brand out there. Emma Hardie is now in M&S I remember people being surprised when they left QVC, Alpha H is in M&S as well. When they do the 20% off beauty that is when a lot of people jump in and buy, even online companies regularly offer 20-25% off brands free shipping.

As for Estee Lauder and Clinique, these brands are now seen by many as old and during lockdown did not sell well. I was told this by someone who works in the cosmetic industry, so no wonder they are now on QVC. EL just sells Double Wear by the shed load, their other products are not amazing sellers. Clinique and the 3 Step as been around since the early 70s. QVC for them is a bonus.

Back in December, there were posts on the QVC Facebook page a few people saying they thought it was on the way out? IT are in larger Boots and other places now, so perhaps they no longer need QVC to get the brand out there to the public? I know the SA in our city centre Boots, she worked for Guerlain before and that is how I got to know her. She said the brand just sells its self, but she loves to make up people get the right shade of product for them. I have to say, she is always giving me samples of the skin care, which are really nice. She filled a pot with the eye cream for me, and it was like half the size of buying a pot!

I remember a few years back talking to a friend who does buy from QVC, and she commented she thought many brands come to QVC to get their brand out there. Emma Hardie is now in M&S I remember people being surprised when they left QVC, Alpha H is in M&S as well. When they do the 20% off beauty that is when a lot of people jump in and buy, even online companies regularly offer 20-25% off brands free shipping.

As for Estee Lauder and Clinique, these brands are now seen by many as old and during lockdown did not sell well. I was told this by someone who works in the cosmetic industry, so no wonder they are now on QVC. EL just sells Double Wear by the shed load, their other products are not amazing sellers. Clinique and the 3 Step as been around since the early 70s. QVC for them is a bonus.
I'm sorry if IT brand will leave. The scar coverage is excellent and almost as good as Doll 10.

Thanks Donna. As an oldie I remember the 3 step routine. Deemed the bees knees but later on extremely harsh. Particularly the paint stripper toner. I did like the Clinique show but didn’t purchase. I’m trying to be good but having dipped back into this site I’m failing miserably.

I’m glad now that I snapped up a couple of things in clearance last week.
Well done. Too slow here!

As someone who has extremely sensitive skin and remembering my days in the 70’s when in my early teens and looking for a cleansing regime, the Clinique 3 step and God awful paint stripper toner, makes me shudder. The painfully tight, prickly, stinging sensation and red blotches. Yet I use their makeup with no problems. I tried Swedish Formula makeup back then too, a supposed sensitive skin range, not on my skin it wasn’t.

I think Clinique is owned by EL.

Is Rose the woman with the Birmingham accent the IT brand ambassador ? I find her presentations very good, she should be head-hunted by QVC as another ‘beauty expert’.
It was started by Estee's son Leonard. I read a book about her some years back, he was her uncle was a chemist who created all the very early skin care that got her started. She was born in one of the eastern block countries, where chemists made their own skin care to sell in the shop. Moved to the US and started to sell this wonder cream under her own name, but the formula was the uncle's. She had two sons, adored the first and couldn't care less about the younger, and he was the one who thought up Clinique.

I caught some of the LG show for a few minutes and switched off. The honest approach Rose had was that she uses the products. Applied on air so you could see the difference it made. She was also passionate about the brand. I have never seen Sarah actually use LG yet raves about it.

I caught some of the LG show for a few minutes and switched off. The honest approach Rose had was that she uses the products. Applied on air so you could see the difference it made. She was also passionate about the brand. I have never seen Sarah actually use LG yet raves about it.
Yes, in magazine articles she never mentions the LG brand, but plenty of others.

Latest posts

Back