It's Poppy time again...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apologies if they are not. I was certain I had read it somewhere (although I cannot find it now).

You may be correct - but not what I'm seeing on QVC. I'm not seeing any mention on the B&W site either.

I hope you are right, and this is just an omission on QVC and B&W sites.

Last edited:
Too true. Another case of "when it suits", i.e. when there's a profit to be made. Humbug.

Seen it a all now, this from a company that couldn't even honour the silence for the 7/7, yet can roll out the Poppy in Diamonbleek no less to bump up their profits...........never have I been so pleased that QVC doesn't get a penny from me.

Me too, I wouldn't buy the blingy ones either, but each to their own taste. I prefer to buy my traditional poppy from where 100% of the money I give each year goes to the Royal British Legion itself. Personally, I wouldn't want a penny going in Q's pockets (and you can bet your sweet life it would be considerably more than a penny). I stopped buying from them completely a few years ago after bad experiences - now it's strictly watching for laughs for me and to see what clobber the "fashion Gurus" who tell us what we SHOULD be wearing have put on their own lean and lithe - a small size 12, of course - bodies; also to watch that human garbage disposal system, meCharlie, cramming his face during a food hour, just to put me off my grub and help the diet! :puke:

There used to be a local woman who came round here door to door selling poppies, I bought from her.

I don't bother with the bling poppies, now just throw a few pounds in the ones selling in shops and lift a poppy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back