Jane Plan 03/08/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bread and butter pudding is a good way to use left over bread, also bread pudding. They are winter 'nursery tea' type things and stick to your ribs in cold weather. There is a Lidel shop in a town about 30 mins drive from where I live, but since I drive a 3-wheeler Api, I'm a bit leery of making the 'long' trip. I know they sell own brand baked beans and lots of German products, also long, English cukes, that I can't get in a regular supermarket. I could take a taxi, I suppose and ask the driver to wait, but that would be a bit self indulgent. I like curry, too, but the smell seems to hang around for ever.
My lidl has had 50% bare shelves for months now, for example, no jars of curry for about 4 months, and loads of other essentials out of stock, even cereals.

I don't know if it is just a local issue. but I wouldn't recommend a special trip at the moment.

When I went last Wednesday, my Lidl had well stocked shelves. We’ve got two in my town and the one I went to was the smaller of the two, so maybe it isn’t a local issue. 🤔

Lidl is a two bus journey to get there for me, so a no.

I did use their own brand clothes wash, which was excellent. Then they changed it.

Nowadays, I too do M&S and add cheap veg to meals. Over the years, the penny drops living alone standing making for one person. A friend is a care assistant and most pensioners she visits just to the Farm Fresh style of ready meals delivered. She says you could not make the meals from scratch for what they pay.

Carry out, oh I did use to get a curry half n half with mushroom and onion now and then, but my nearest Chinese is not that good. New owners took over about 5 years ago. Oh, and I have to have mushrooms.

I am going to confess. Back in the day, soup veg came with the roots etc still on it. My granny used to put it in a bucket of fresh water until she was going to use it and make soup. I used to eat the parsley stalks and all. So when she went to get the veg and start washing it and taking the stalks off, there was no parsley! She had to send someone to go get more.

Jane Plan 20 Day Meal Plan
QVC Price £214.00
Todays Special Value Price £149.98
P&P £7.95

SIngle

Auto-Delivery

Feeling stuck in a food rut? Then you'll love this 20-day Jane Plan offer, featuring your choice of meat or vegetarian meals that are perfectly proportioned, nutritionally balanced and vacuum-packed for your total convenience. There's no need to store them in the fridge and the calories are already counted, so all you need to do is select your breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack and enjoy a filling meal that's packed with tasty ingredients!

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Jane Plan 20 Day Meal Plan from QVUK.com after this offer ends you'd pay £214 plus P&P. So to get the 20-day meal plan for our Today's Special Value price of just £149.98 plus P&P, you're saving £64.02.

A name to know - Jane Plan have sold over 25 million meals to over 95,000 customers, so you can feel confident you're buying a product thousands of people around the country use and enjoy.

Moreish picks for meat-eaters - from chicken arrabiata and naked beef burritos to lentil cottage pie and pork meatballs, there are so many delicious options to enjoy over your 20 days. Plus, you'll get fabulous breakfasts and snacks like luxury muesli, pecan and maple granola and dark chocolate shortbread.

So many options for veggies - along with tasty, filling snacks and breakfasts like branberry flakes with strawberries, and luxury muesli and lemon shortbreads, you can look forward to smoky bean chilli pots, Malaysian vegetable curry, chickpea tagine and delicious veggie lasagnes too.

Delicious food for longer? Count us in - select our Auto Delivery option and receive an additional three deliveries every 30 days, at this fantastic Today's Special Value price.

Contains (a choice of):

20-day Meat meal plan
  • 3 x Luxury Muesli
  • 10 x Pure Porridge Oats
  • 2 x Jane's Classic Granola
  • 3 x Branberry Flakes with Strawberries
  • 2 x Pecan and Maple Granola
  • 1 x Leek and Potato Soup
  • 1 x Tomato and Basil Soup
  • 1 x Mushroom Soup with Porcini
  • 2 x Carrot and Coriander Soup
  • 2 x Veggie and Bean Soup
  • 1 x Pea and Wiltshire Ham Soup
  • 1 x Honey and Soy Chicken
  • 1 x Naked Beef Burrito
  • 2 x Smoky Bean Chilli Pot
  • 2 x Chicken Arrabiata
  • 2 x Channa Dahl
  • 2 x Penne Rigate with Tomatoes and Olives
  • 1 x Three Bean Salad
  • 1 x Couscous Salad
  • 1 x Chicken Korma
  • 1 x Chicken Tikka Masala
  • 2 x Beef Lasagne
  • 2 x Malaysian Vegetable Curry
  • 1 x Tuna Pasta Bake
  • 1 x Aloo Saag
  • 2 x Lentil Cottage Pie
  • 1 x Vegetable Cassoulet
  • 2 x Classic Cottage Pie
  • 1 x Sweet and Sour Chicken
  • 2 x Pork Meatballs in a Tomato and Basil Sauce
  • 2 x Chicken Casserole
  • 1 x Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
  • 1 x Pasta Arrabiata
  • 1 x Lemon Shortbread
  • 1 x Spicy Ginger Cookie
  • 1 x Vanilla Crunch
  • 1 x Whole Almonds
  • 1 x Cheesy Sticks
  • 1 x Cracked Pepper Oatcakes
  • 1 x Original Oatcakes
  • 1 x Cheese Oatcakes
  • 6 x Luxury Chocolate Bar
  • 5 x Dark Chocolate Shortbread
  • 1 x Barbecue Curly Corn Chips
  • 1 x quick start guide

Or

20-day Vegetarian meal plan
  • 3 x Luxury Muesli
  • 10 x Pure Porridge Oats
  • 2 x Jane's Classic Granola
  • 3 x Branberry Flakes with Strawberries
  • 2 x Pecan and Maple Granola
  • 2 x Leek and Potato Soup
  • 1 x Tomato and Basil Soup
  • 2 x Mushroom Soup with Porcini
  • 3 x Carrot and Coriander Soup
  • 3 x Veggie and Bean Soup
  • 2 x Smoky Bean Chilli Pot
  • 2 x Channa Dahl
  • 2 x Penne Rigate with Tomatoes and Olives
  • 1 x Three Bean Salad
  • 1 x Couscous Salad
  • 1 x Wholegrain Salad
  • 2 x Malaysian Vegetable Curry
  • 1 x Provençale Vegetables
  • 2 x Root Vegetable Casserole
  • 2 x Aloo Saag
  • 2 x Lentil Cottage Pie
  • 2 x Vegetable Cassoulet
  • 1 x Spicy Vegetable Chilli
  • 2 x Sweet Potato and Lentil Curry
  • 1 x Pasta Mediterranean
  • 2 x Pasta Arrabiata
  • 1 x Chickpea Tagine
  • 2 x Mediterranean Vegetable Lasagne
  • 1 x Lemon Shortbread
  • 1 x Spicy Ginger Cookie
  • 1 x Vanilla Crunch
  • 1 x Whole Almonds
  • 1 x Cheesy Sticks
  • 1 x Cracked Pepper Oatcakes
  • 1 x Original Oatcakes
  • 1 x Cheese Oatcakes
  • 6 x Luxury Chocolate Bar
  • 5 x Dark Chocolate Shortbread
  • 1 x Barbecue Curly Corn Chips
  • 1 x quick start guide

I bought the carrot soup from b&m for about 50p a while ago, was reasonable tasting but had the thickness of water, no way that would make you feel full

Some of those sloppy meals look like the food my great nephew Teddy loves. He’s 11 months old.
F85CEBE9-3BB8-4DA1-903D-89C31400D369.jpeg

I watched the 9pm launch last night, just out of curiosity, I'm slim so don't need these products.
Jane was shovelling the food into her mouth at one point, then several times had to step aside coughing and spluttering 😮 Catherine had to take over the spiel.

It was a good watch for comedy value alone.

I've never had a ready meal, except the ones you get on an aircraft, and you only eat those because you're bored. You can get packs of cooked spinach, steamed rice, and grilled vegetables in the supermarket here, but they are expensive. I live alone too, and hardly ever cook for myself. I've never had a take away meal either, except pizza. I don't feel deprived, but I would love someone to cook me a home-made, 3 course dinner. Fat chance that would happen!
If you don’t eat ready meals or takeaways (good!) but also don’t cook for yourself, I am worried what you’re surviving on?!

Latest posts

Back