Jane Plan 03/08/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched the 9pm launch last night, just out of curiosity, I'm slim so don't need these products.
Jane was shovelling the food into her mouth at one point, then several times had to step aside coughing and spluttering 😮 Catherine had to take over the spiel.

It was a good watch for comedy value alone.
I didn't see that. I wish I had. How funny. I'm afraid I dropped off shortly after the presentation started.

I saw the part where Jane was “choking” on her food. 😂 There’s no way I’d fork out that much for 20 days worth of food. That amount of money would feed me for about 6 weeks.

I know it’s a plan, not a diet, but it’s cheaper to create your own plan as most people know what are good and bad foods to eat if you’re trying to lose weight.

There is little chance youngsters will be taught basic skills at home... that said, I'm not sure I could boil an egg. Poach, scramble, fry or coddle yes.
Home economics, in the current climate, seems the most badly needed skill of all. How to shop for food, do a household budget, prepare food.
With the skill to cook from scratch, it might be possible for folks to eat better quality food AND save money. The only losers will be the big food companies selling convenience over real food.

There is little chance youngsters will be taught basic skills at home... that said, I'm not sure I could boil an egg. Poach, scramble, fry or coddle yes.
Home economics, in the current climate, seems the most badly needed skill of all. How to shop for food, do a household budget, prepare food.
With the skill to cook from scratch, it might be possible for folks to eat better quality food AND save money. The only losers will be the big food companies selling convenience over real food.
I think so too.
Boiling an egg if you want a runny yolk and solid white is not easy.

I think so too.

Boiling an egg if you want a runny yolk and solid white is not easy.
For boiled eggs I always use one of these….can’t remember where I got mine from…

For the perfect boiled egg you need Mr L - he follows Delia to the letter! Doesn’t matter to me as I don’t like eggs other than occasionally a fried one and I can do them to perfection!

Mr L could live on them in any shape or form except a soufflé for some reason. I think it’s possibly because they are usually cheese and he loves a chunk of cheese but not cooked or flavoured cheese.

For the perfect boiled egg you need Mr L - he follows Delia to the letter! Doesn’t matter to me as I don’t like eggs other than occasionally a fried one and I can do them to perfection!

Mr L could live on them in any shape or form except a soufflé for some reason. I think it’s possibly because they are usually cheese and he loves a chunk of cheese but not cooked or flavoured cheese.
I love a cheese soufflé! My brother abd I were served a boiled egg every single school day as our tea. To this day I am not a fan of a hard boiled egg. Sometimes we got them for breakfast, but as we had egg and soldiers she was then aiming for a runny yolk, with the result the egg whites were often like snot!! 🤮🤢😱

Last edited:
Thank you. I bought it!
I was bought one when they first came out and were far more expensive then.

Never been much good at frying eggs, they usually break when I turn them (I like them "easy over" as the Americans say). More recently. I've fried them in fairly deep oil and basted the top, then saved the oil for next time to avoid waste.

For omelettes I like them firm, slightly browned on both sides, and the only successful method I've found is to partially cook on the hob, then grill the top in the oven grill, then finish on the hob. MMMM - I fancy one for tea now.

I love an omelette too. Mushroom and cheese is good. I don't like them over cooked or undercooked. You're supposed to do them "baveuse" which translates to drooling 🤢

Easy over for fried eggs for preference, but like the yolk soft-set (so like a thick paste consistency).

I bought that egg timer thing from Lakeland years ago. It nay have gone to charity or be buried at the back of a kitchen drawer.

Last edited:
Same here Stratto - again Delia’s method is about the nearest I got to it!

For fried eggs I use a non stick pan so little or no fat and put a lid over pan which causes the yolk to keep soft but sets the white.

Gosh I’d love a fry now, especially with fried potato bread ,however a sandwich will have to do.

Another favourite of Mr L. When we are out for breakfast he will go for the bacon and s
maple syrup ones but at home I keep them savoury.

I love a cheese soufflé! My brother abd I were served a boiled egg every single school day as our tea. To this day I am not a fan of a hard boiled egg. Sometimes we got them for breakfast, but as we had egg and soldiers she was then aiming for a runny yolk, with the result the egg whites were often like snot!! 🤮🤢😱
When he first left school my hubby worked for the NCB training as an engineer and as the shifts were underground they had to take all food and drink down with them.
His mother made him egg sandwiches one day and when he got back home he told her he enjoyed the sandwiches. This resulted in him having egg sandwiches every day until he had the nerve to ask for something else. I believe it was a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back