Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrsSynthetic

Registered Shopper
I cannot honestly believe that some woman on Facebook has taken exception to Jill Franks being referred to as a female Iggy Pop - why not? Is she her mate? Seriously the woman shills rubbish for a living!?

In my opinion, humble though it is, I think that people who post abuse or any derogatory comments about people from behind a screen are keyboard cowards, especially if they’ve never met the person that they are “attacking.” They must be lacking in something and are probably jealous of that person, whether they be a well known person or Mrs. X down the road.

I have no doubt that they would never dare to say it to the person’s face.

You will find whoever made the comment will be banned from QVC Facebook.
I think it was someone on this forum who coined the Iggy pop thing - maybe Julius or Shopperholic - it was after her eyebrows went thicker & blacker. So 'I.P' has either just spread over to fbook, or one of us started it over there.....

In my opinion, humble though it is, I think that people who post abuse or any derogatory comments about people from behind a screen are keyboard cowards, especially if they’ve never met the person that they are “attacking.” They must be lacking in something and are probably jealous of that person, whether they be a well known person or Mrs. X down the road.

I have no doubt that they would never dare to say it to the person’s face.
I think some would, some wouldn't.
Worst is when people say 'not good' things, & then do a terribly nice 'u turn' or even deny the meaning of the 'mean'comment when 'called out' - presumably to remain in favour with the masses. That's cowardly custard.

I'm as guilty as the next person for playing for laughs, on a forum or two, by making fun of people on telly but I've been trying to grow up in recent years. I love humour but prefer folk to apply a bit of intelligence and leave the cheap shots in the school yard.

I'm as guilty as the next person for playing for laughs, on a forum or two, by making fun of people on telly but I've been trying to grow up in recent years. I love humour but prefer folk to apply a bit of intelligence and leave the cheap shots in the school yard.
Would she be that bothered though - because Iggy Pop is terribly childish, bordering on absurd (like 'you smell') but made me laugh (I know!)

We are often very funny on here and it’s hard to be funny without offending somebody but we’re rarely really horrid! It’s not a question of hiding behind our screens - if I was a friend of Julia’s for example I honestly would tell her when something suited her better than something else. I would trust my friends to tell me if a hair style was better for me or not. We lay it on a bit thick at times but let’s not forget that we’re talking about people who put themselves out there, posing and preening, and over sharing their lives. Nobody is forcing them to read our posts but if they can’t resist they must take as they find. I would never google myself or imagine anyone would be interested in reading about me. We are all interesting in all kinds of amazing ways but we don’t bang on about it.

I cannot honestly believe that some woman on Facebook has taken exception to Jill Franks being referred to as a female Iggy Pop - why not? Is she her mate? Seriously the woman shills rubbish for a living!?
I’m not a fan of Jill Franks but it is a really unkind comparison, even if it’s supposed to be funny!

I know it’s been said on here lots before but I would be really upset if someone said that about me!

Perhaps I’m over sensitive in some ways, but I def do moan about and give negative feedback on certain presenters habits and the like from time to time.
Feel bad but sometimes they drive me potty!

However I am careful not to comment on presenters’ weight or the like, or things like accents which people can’t control etc.
And just try not to be cruel!

I think we need to clear up about Iggy Pop and those who think his a joke.

He is in 70s still sells out tours, a millionaire. Has written songs covered by other artists. Friends with Bowie, who it is rumoured to be where Ziggy Stardust came from.

He is not a one hit wonder with a song used on a film.
Indeed - Iggy is leg'

I think we need to clear up about Iggy Pop and those who think his a joke.

He is in 70s still sells out tours, a millionaire. Has written songs covered by other artists. Friends with Bowie, who it is rumoured to be where Ziggy Stardust came from.

He is not a one hit wonder with a song used on a film.
Yes, Ziggy wass inspired by Iggy. Bowie, Warhol & Iggy (& Lou) Fab 4. Ther ecould be worse comparisons - best not mention any

People will always comment about people and their appearance, wealth, possessions etc, especially those who choose to be in the public eye - at the moment it is OK to have an opinion - the ‘Iggy Pop’ comment has been bandied around for years on here.

I fear the day will come that forums, like this, will be a thing of the past. So many people are so easily offended nowadays, that we will not be able to comment anywhere.

Perhaps that is the intention.

People will always comment about people and their appearance, wealth, possessions etc, especially those who choose to be in the public eye - at the moment it is OK to have an opinion - the ‘Iggy Pop’ comment has been bandied around for years on here.

I fear the day will come that forums, like this, will be a thing of the past. So many people are so easily offended nowadays, that we will not be able to comment anywhere.

Perhaps that is the intention.
I agree.

Come on, are people really so flaky they would be upset if they were compared to Iggy Pop??? Or anyone else for that matter. In my life I have been called many things and so ****** what. Someone once said I looked like a warthog (do i?). I laughed for a week about that one. It was the mad hair and protruding fangs that did it I suppose.

OK, some people are sensitive and we should all be nice but life's not like that.

Come on, are people really so flaky they would be upset if they were compared to Iggy Pop??? Or anyone else for that matter. In my life I have been called many things and so ****** what. Someone once said I looked like a warthog (do i?). I laughed for a week about that one. It was the mad hair and protruding fangs that did it I suppose.

OK, some people are sensitive and we should all be nice but life's not like that.
Perhaps those who are easily triggered should simply avoid sm/forums for their own protection. In the same way as one changes the channel if the tv is disagreeable to them.
We all have a choice. Simple solution, I feel, & saves all the wasted emotions/upset that being offended (& then telling everyone so) causes.

But you cannot censor people who chose to be offended, they have every right to be on forums and voice their option as everyone else does.

The man who started the gay and Lesbian rights group in the UK way back in the 60s has come out and said the fury of the Trans groups is destroying everything homosexual men and Lesbian women have fought for to gain their rights.

Yes CC unfortunately some people are offended over anything. I don't know if they think it's trendy to be or not.

I remember wearing CND badges at school in the 1960's but none of us were offended if people didn't agree with us we just shrugged it off.

I also don't remember racism being rife,maybe it's because we were the peace and love generation.

Yes CC unfortunately some people are offended over anything. I don't know if they think it's trendy to be or not.

I remember wearing CND badges at school in the 1960's but none of us were offended if people didn't agree with us we just shrugged it off.

I also don't remember racism being rife,maybe it's because we were the peace and love generation.
Racism was indeed rife in the 1960s.

Latest posts

Back