Jilly Halliday - totally out of proportion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So many of them (shopping television presenters) appear either ego driven, of the belief that you have to talk and keep talking to be able to sell - even if have nothing to bring to the table by doing that, or a combination of the two.

Seasoned hands who should know better like didactic Old Skin and Motor Mouth Keenan are two of the worst for the above. Old Skin in particular coming across as SHE sells the goods, NOT the goods themselves. And Keenan simply cannot keep her mouth shut at any time when she is presenting. Both are off-putting in the extreme for me. That's what so good about Halliday - she uses her words sparingly and relevantly.

I am trying to think of all the QVC presenters I've seen over the years and pick a Top Five Not Annoying Ones list. It has proven virtually an impossible task but here goes in no particular order:-

Heywood
Lavers (probably on my own here)
Tritton
Halliday
Er...Er... Give me a moment..
Bradford..

Cannot find anybody whatsoever from the 'newer' intake - 2000 or so onwards.

I honestly don't watch QVC anymore only come on here and look on the website.
In the old days I remember she was made to wear a god awful evening dress in silver metallic think it was a TSV.
Also remember AY had a girl crush on her and used to say she was the most beautiful presenter, bet JR loved that.
I can imagine that Julia would not be happy at all with that - she is the most beautiful of them all hehehehe.

I know AY was very good friends with Julia -didn't Julia introduce her to her husband? Ex Football Player (Julia only hangs around with the rich and famous)

In terms of Jilly, I have mentioned before, that I thought she was one if not the best presenter and the most naturally prettiest.

Like others have mentions, she has good knowledge, patient with guests and doesn't have an ego -making references to her own life in a more naturally way, linked to what she is presenting.

Jilly is more pear shaped - maybe more in line with the average middle aged lady in the UK.

As much as I do criticise QVC, they do cover a good range of women through their presenters, be that age, size etc, and indirectly the presenters are modelling the ranges and products too.

middle aged - Catherine/ Pippa / Jackie
younger - new ones - sorry not familiar with their names

Shapes:
pear - Jilly
apple - Julia / Debbie
straight - Ali K / Jill / Jackie
hourglass (most desired shape) - Catherine

Chest:
big busted - Debbie
average bust - Julia / Jilly
small bust - Jackie /Jill

Height:
tall - Jackie / Jilly
average - Ali K
short - Julia

I don't think the actual models cover the range as well or not used to the full extent on the presentations.

I can imagine that Julia would not be happy at all with that - she is the most beautiful of them all hehehehe.

I know AY was very good friends with Julia -didn't Julia introduce her to her husband? Ex Football Player (Julia only hangs around with the rich and famous)

In terms of Jilly, I have mentioned before, that I thought she was one if not the best presenter and the most naturally prettiest.

Like others have mentions, she has good knowledge, patient with guests and doesn't have an ego -making references to her own life in a more naturally way, linked to what she is presenting.

Jilly is more pear shaped - maybe more in line with the average middle aged lady in the UK.

As much as I do criticise QVC, they do cover a good range of women through their presenters, be that age, size etc, and indirectly the presenters are modelling the ranges and products too.

Shapes:
pear - Jilly
apple - Julia / Debbie

Chest:
big busted - Debbie

Height:
tall - Jackie / Jilly
average - Ali K
short - Julia

I don't think the actual models cover the range as well or not used to the full extent on the presentations.
Mature and apple shape - you will be off her Xmas card list now 🤣

Shapes:
pear - Jilly
apple - Julia / Debbie

Chest:
big busted - Debbie

Height:
tall - Jackie / Jilly
average - Ali K
short - Julia

Wash your mouth out how very dare you call Julia mature and apple shaped 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Didn't hear it but it's not the first time presenters or BAs have said blow job live on air. On past presenters, I did like Paul Lavers, Steve Whatley and Anthony Heywood (was it Anthony?). Also liked Julian Ballantyne and Dave Bradford. Kara Tritton was OK, Kara Baker OK. Must be others that I can't recall but Jilly has always been good.

CC

Flicking through channels atm - I’m a big fan of Jilly btw - Bumble & Bumble show (which friends rave about - alas I’m lacking luscious locks 😊) Just spat out my cocoa when Jilly said ‘getting that lovely blow job ‘ 😮
She loves a blow job does Jilly...most presenters do including Dale😃

Mature and apple shape - you will be off her Xmas card list now 🤣
Wash your mouth out how very dare you call Julia mature and apple shaped 🤣🤣🤣🤣
She won't like having an "average" bust either!😅
Meanwhile in JR's dressing room...the wax doll Jules had fashioned into the shape of Samki was ready to be stuck with 4" pins😲😲😲
Well, JR refers to herself as apple shaped ;o)

In terms of being mature, a few months ago, Anne Dawson referred to Julia as being the most mature on there with a smile - I'm sure Julia would have hated that. She has really started to look her age, but looking older than Anne Dawson - well... maybe she does now, but she is the oldest female presenter there.

JR has lost weight (not as much as she thinks) and her bristols have reduced a lot - says she is a size 12 on top too.

So - maybe I would still be on her Christmas card list hehe.

I tell you someone who would be top of her list - that is Glen Campbell - the way the pair of them flirt - it's quite embarrassing.

I actually think, joking aside, that JR will be a very very jealous woman, especially now she is older, and would have a lot of sinister dolls in her dressing room.

Classic Leighton Denny Q moment is on Youtube when he said Nina goes on a hand job errrrr and realised what he said and cringed and said hand modelling job.

I like Katy Pullinger, 2nd only to Gilly H.

I used to like Claudia (surname escapes me) she was a posh version of Gilly.

Classic Leighton Denny Q moment is on Youtube when he said Nina goes on a hand job errrrr and realised what he said and cringed and said hand modelling job.
He used to make that 'error' frequently in various ways - it became tiresome. Working with ones hands that way makes for so many (old) jokes. Once, LD was on with Julia & dropped the ubiquitous 'Hand Job' in (again). He then added 'Twitter's gone mad!' To which Julia replied 'No it hasn't', actually.' Succinct. I loved her for that.

Actually They all do it - mostly the guests. I suspect it's to get themselves shared on socials. Needy. Ugh.

So many of them (shopping television presenters) appear either ego driven, of the belief that you have to talk and keep talking to be able to sell - even if have nothing to bring to the table by doing that, or a combination of the two.

Seasoned hands who should know better like didactic Old Skin and Motor Mouth Keenan are two of the worst for the above. Old Skin in particular coming across as SHE sells the goods, NOT the goods themselves. And Keenan simply cannot keep her mouth shut at any time when she is presenting. Both are off-putting in the extreme for me. That's what so good about Halliday - she uses her words sparingly and relevantly.

I am trying to think of all the QVC presenters I've seen over the years and pick a Top Five Not Annoying Ones list. It has proven virtually an impossible task but here goes in no particular order:-

Heywood
Lavers (probably on my own here)
Tritton
Halliday
Er...Er... Give me a moment..
Bradford..

Cannot find anybody whatsoever from the 'newer' intake - 2000 or so onwards.
Wasn't very keen on Anthony Heywood or Kara Tritton. Who is Old Skin?

Latest posts

Back