JM and Lulu together at Jubilee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I certainly would have been bored and I’m not 8!

Why was Diana Ross dug up for the night - what had she got to do with Queen‘s Jubilee?
She’s also doing the legends spot at Glastonbury this year…..
Personally, have always thought she was vastly over rated as a solo performer.

I planned to watch all of it, but put the concert on record so I could FF through the likes of Lulu and JM! However that meant I only got as far as Sam Ryder, and because we had our own party in the garden yesterday, and I may have been rather tired by the end of that IYKWIM 🥂🥂🥂, I haven’t watched any more. Hopefully I can catch up today. I enjoyed Queen with Adam Lambert, but had to FF through Craig David. And much as I love musical theatre, why on earth did they choose that song from Hamilton? There are much better numbers in that show.

She’s also doing the legends spot at Glastonbury this year…..
Personally, have always thought she was vastly over rated as a solo performer.
Regarding The Supremes, and without wishing to offend anyone...,,.,

Mary Wilson was the best singer, Florence Ballard was the prettiest but Diana Ross was the one shagging Berry Gordy

BBC radio kindly informed me that it was starting at a particular time so I put TV on then, only to find it had started at least an hour earlier. So I missed the start and Queen etc :(

Regarding The Supremes, and without wishing to offend anyone...,,.,

Mary Wilson was the best singer, Florence Ballard was the prettiest but Diana Ross was the one shagging Berry Gordy
Totally agree. A lot of lead singers in girl groups and boy bands assume they're much bigger than the rest of the group, and decide to go solo.

I planned to watch all of it, but put the concert on record so I could FF through the likes of Lulu and JM! However that meant I only got as far as Sam Ryder, and because we had our own party in the garden yesterday, and I may have been rather tired by the end of that IYKWIM 🥂🥂🥂, I haven’t watched any more. Hopefully I can catch up today. I enjoyed Queen with Adam Lambert, but had to FF through Craig David. And much as I love musical theatre, why on earth did they choose that song from Hamilton? There are much better numbers in that show.

There's a strangeness in our modern music scene today - we have the 'legends' of my generation from the 60's and 70's (who we grew up with and know every song word perfect) - but who now struggle to hold a note and won't give up. Then there are the groups, boy bands in 'the middle' - 80's - 2000s a lot of whom have disappeared, and now we have this weird period of 'noise' that you can't dance to, has no melody, certainly can't sing along to, and in most cases is just one long boom boom boom that has no shape nor make at all. So, I saw nothing on the concert that could persuade me to watch further.

I too adore musical theatre, but thought that Hamilton was a rubbish choice.

I didn’t bother with any of it and if it wasn’t constantly on the TV news and online news feeds I wouldn’t even have seen the 10 second clips I did see.

The concert looked and sounded rubbish.

I missed the Saturday TV celebrations (working) but I settled down to watch the pageant on Sunday - started 1pm or so I thought. There was nearly 2 hours of tedious chats with people, although Sir Cliff Richard was good (and I don't even really care for him) before they trundled out that perfect person to commentate (not) - Clare Balding :D:D Honestly she was a tad boring for me and Lulu was worse. I went out to do the weeding half way through. It would probably have been fab if you'd actually been there but it did not broadcast well IMO.

CC

I tuned in for Queen with Adam Lambert, switched over to something else then back at 9 pm for George Ezra.

I did laugh at George changing the words to Green Green Grass.

Green green grass blue blue sky

And it should be, Hope they throw a party on the day that I die.
That made me laugh too!

Like George Ezra and thought it was a funny song to choose for the occasion - then he just omitted that line every time it appeared (a lot!) 😂

Thought he sang and presented well though!

During the concert when they were showing film of the Queen meeting musicians across the decades, they showed her meeting Lulu.
Forget which decade it was in, though not a recent one.
What shocked me was the colour of her hair which was bright ginger! (Lulu’s not the Queen’s! 😉)

Is that her natural colour then, I had no idea!

It wouldn’t have surprised me if she’d sung Shout in the concert!

I enjoyed some sets but others were quite random!

Alicia Keys performed well as did Adam Lambert and Queen...!

Poor old Rod. He sweated his way through, and like Diana Ross depended on the back up singers to help him out.
Not a fan of Rod Stewart and not sure I would’ve been even back in the day!

But thought it was odd they got him to sing Neil Diamond song - and he said so!

It did get everyone singing along, however which was good!

Coughs. Actually, Sweet Caroline was used by the Northern Ireland football team way before the English team did.

On another note, which made me laugh when the English Team seemed to take it. For years, it was the song at Loyalist Paramilitary events, not sure if it was the UDA as the UVF sang Simple The Best by Tina Turner. So this happy sing along is connected to murders.

During the concert when they were showing film of the Queen meeting musicians across the decades, they showed her meeting Lulu.
Forget which decade it was in, though not a recent one.
What shocked me was the colour of her hair which was bright ginger! (Lulu’s not the Queen’s! 😉)

Is that her natural colour then, I had no idea!

It wouldn’t have surprised me if she’d sung Shout in the concert!

I enjoyed some sets but others were quite random!

Alicia Keys performed well as did Adam Lambert and Queen...!
AL and Queen always put on a cracking show. Seeing them (3rd time) this coming Saturday following a couple of COVID reschedules and already in a state of high excitement.
Didn’t see any of the Jubilee concert as was out watching another band (Rumours of Fleetwood Mac) so have only seen the odd bits on news reports.
I was in London for the Diamond Jubilee concert. More by accident than design.
We had tickets for a England football friendly at Wembley so we were in London for a couple of nights. When we realised It was the same weekend we extended our stay. Watched the concert on big screens in nearby parks…thoroughly enjoyed it…but a ****** nightmare getting back to the hotel. My feet still hurt when I think of it.

I recorded the whole weekend and choose which bits to watch, Lulu got FF as usual. I enjoyed every bit of what I watched. Most of the concert and pagent got the FF treatment... :)

I’m not keen on Lulu mainly because of her voice and accents that change from sentence to sentence. She looks good for her age anyway, and yes she was naturally a red head at the height of her fame.

Julien McDonald has a good sense of humour, I can watch him on QVC for an entire hour.

Natural or …….?

Attachments

• B8A280C6-9344-4223-ABB8-BB851A73508E.jpeg
    B8A280C6-9344-4223-ABB8-BB851A73508E.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back