JM and Lulu together at Jubilee

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don’t watch it or gmtv ..
I fast forwarded through the sofa waffle but enjoyed the rest. We certainly put on a great spectacle. Paddington stole the show, I thought that was brilliant. I know the flag waving’s not for everyone but I was touched by it all.
me too .. and the Paddington bear sketch was so sweet .. she wasn’t the Queen in that moment .. she was a lovely sweet old lady who was enjoying every moment it seemed to me bless her … I don’t know how she’s kept her sanity with all the cr*p she’s had to endure from some family members. A lady I know won tickets to the concert and it was amazing she said .. the crowds made it difficult to pop to the loo though 🤣👍 such a nice lady she deserved a ticket .. I loved it all. Once in a lifetime ..

Natural or …….?
I love To Sir With Love song … she sings it beautifully .: but I can’t warm to her as a person .. she seems to be always in the “world of Lulu” like all the time … I like all the older singers .. has she not got her dame hood yet then ? … that’s a surprise

I never had a problem with the working royals (would rather them than princess NutNut or a president) but I’m sorry when the Queen allowed Andrew to lead her up the aisle that was the end for me. Obviously he had to be at his father’s memorial but it was a blatant snub to allow such a prominent role. There were at least a dozen other family members who could have done it.

I fast forwarded through the sofa waffle but enjoyed the rest. We certainly put on a great spectacle. Paddington stole the show, I thought that was brilliant. I know the flag waving’s not for everyone but I was touched by it all.
So was I! Had no interest at all but started watching it and the parade as well! The Queen with Paddington 😭

I’m not keen on Lulu mainly because of her voice and accents that change from sentence to sentence. She looks good for her age anyway, and yes she was naturally a red head at the height of her fame.

Julien McDonald has a good sense of humour, I can watch him on QVC for an entire hour.
Ooh yes the accent change,her and Barrowman🤨 I like Julien and his cousin who steps in for him too!

I don’t watch it or gmtv ..

me too .. and the Paddington bear sketch was so sweet .. she wasn’t the Queen in that moment .. she was a lovely sweet old lady who was enjoying every moment it seemed to me bless her … I don’t know how she’s kept her sanity with all the cr*p she’s had to endure from some family members. A lady I know won tickets to the concert and it was amazing she said .. the crowds made it difficult to pop to the loo though 🤣👍 such a nice lady she deserved a ticket .. I loved it all. Once in a lifetime ..

I love To Sir With Love song … she sings it beautifully .: but I can’t warm to her as a person .. she seems to be always in the “world of Lulu” like all the time … I like all the older singers .. has she not got her dame hood yet then ? … that’s a surprise
When Lulu sings To Sir with love it is beautiful,I always get emotional. But totally agree something about her.

I missed the Saturday TV celebrations (working) but I settled down to watch the pageant on Sunday - started 1pm or so I thought. There was nearly 2 hours of tedious chats with people, although Sir Cliff Richard was good (and I don't even really care for him) before they trundled out that perfect person to commentate (not) - Clare Balding :D:D Honestly she was a tad boring for me and Lulu was worse. I went out to do the weeding half way through. It would probably have been fab if you'd actually been there but it did not broadcast well IMO.

CC
Had Sky news on for the parade,Kay Burley,Joanna Lumley and an older guy. Really enjoyed it Burley was quite funny (unusually) Lumley and the guy very interesting banter 👏👏👏

When Lulu sings To Sir with love it is beautiful,I always get emotional. But totally agree something about her.
I like her singing To Sir With Love as well, and I like the film. But I can't warm to her either, she comes over as fake and I feel she's putting on an act when she's been interviewed. There's something about her that I don't like.

I like her singing To Sir With Love as well, and I like the film. But I can't warm to her either, she comes over as fake and I feel she's putting on an act when she's been interviewed. There's something about her that I don't like.
I agree! But To Sir with Love is one of my all time favourite films. Just love the song but not Lulu I'm afraid. She didn't let Julian M into the conversation when Kirsty was interviewing them for the jubilee celebrations. Me, me, me!

She’s also doing the legends spot at Glastonbury this year…..
Personally, have always thought she was vastly over rated as a solo
One of the strictly prof dancers male .. who she was a
I agree! But To Sir with Love is one of my all time favourite films. Just love the song but not Lulu I'm afraid. She didn't let Julian M into the conversation when Kirsty was interviewing them for the jubilee celebrations. Me, me, me!
wow .. i didn’t see it but not shocked at all 👍 although I did a shocked face lol ..

I just listened to it on Spotify (free)
Ahhh great song .. makes me teary

Can't stand her or Rod Stewart.
… Rods ok … I like Maggie May and we are sailing … and some others .. nostalgic for my childhood and teens really

When I’m lanzarote saw two Scottish people .. lovely … but they didn’t think much of Either lulu ( claimed they lived near her and allegedly swore a lot lol ) and said Rod not a true Scot because it’s his dad who is Scottish not his mum … but that doesn’t matter … Scottish blood after all surely

Never rated Lulu - even when she first came onto the scene she was a one trick pony - Shout - until she released To Sir With Love. Dusty wiped the floor with her on musical talent.

Dusty was one of the best vocalists that Britain has ever produced IMO. Sublime would be a good word to describe her I think.
In Lulu's defence though, I have liked a lot of her songs.

Little bit of trivia though, one of my favourite Tina Turner songs is 'I Don't Wanna Fight', and it was only recently that I discovered that Lulu actually wrote it.

Dusty was one of the best vocalists that Britain has ever produced IMO. Sublime would be a good word to describe her I think.
In Lulu's defence though, I have liked a lot of her songs.

Little bit of trivia though, one of my favourite Tina Turner songs is 'I Don't Wanna Fight', and it was only recently that I discovered that Lulu actually wrote it.
Yes she really was one of the best do you remember her recording with The Pet Shop boys 😊

Latest posts

Back