Joan Rivers TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like them but I'm -6.75. Shame, because for that price I'd buy a few pairs just for a change.

I've heard it all now, Catherine telling us we can have a pair to match our bikini!!!

I might go for the Under 50 version in a vain attempt to make me younger. :mysmilie_17: I still won't look as young as our Joanie though! (Is there is b*tch smilie, I need one:mysmilie_697:.)

And you're very welcome to the forum, SydneyRose. :D

I like Joan as a comedienne, but I just can't listen to her ramblings while selling her overpriced tat on qvc.:mysmilie_73:

I might go for the Under 50 version in a vain attempt to make me younger. :mysmilie_17: I still won't look as young as our Joanie though! (Is there is b*tch smilie, I need one:mysmilie_697:.)

And you're very welcome to the forum, SydneyRose. :D

I could do with one of those smilies as well Calvin. That trailer that JR filmed of her sitting on a park bench made her look grotesque.

I really wish that Joan would bring back the earring wardrobes that used to feature as TSVs. I have not been tempted to buy anything from her range for years.

I shall never forgive Joan Rivers for taking the P out of her jewellery [and QVC customers] on some big US awards show.She threw her earrings off and threw them into the audience and yelled "Go on, take them they're only cheap....QVC ha ha ha.." With this the audience exploded into laughter....that's HER lot. [Not that I ever buy her stuff anyway] IWhat a liberty!

I shall never forgive Joan Rivers for taking the P out of her jewellery [and QVC customers] on some big US awards show.She threw her earrings off and threw them into the audience and yelled "Go on, take them they're only cheap....QVC ha ha ha.." With this the audience exploded into laughter....that's HER lot. [Not that I ever buy her stuff anyway] IWhat a liberty!

ive seen joan live a couple of times and she is quite willing to send herself up, including talking about how keeps a team of philippino orphans in her basement making the jewellery "you need tiny fingers to set tiny stones" :mysmilie_697: she continued the joke by ripping off a necklace and handing it to a woman in the audience saying, you can have it, its only 40 bucks from QVC and 50 years of blood sweat and tears from me etc. it's all about context isnt it.

and she certainly isnt stupid, she knows that anyone with a smidgeon of nouse will understand how mass produced fashion jewellery is manufactured, and by whom. at least she isnt trying to say its something it isnt. its also the case that every time ive seen her on TV or live, and in photographs, she is wearing her own range. actions which perhaps speak louder than the words of a comedienne?

The truth of the matter is that the items aren't inexpensive at all!

a blast of fresh air

Thank God for Joan. It would be such a dull world if there
were not a few rocking the boat. It aint hard to see the daftness in this sometimes ridiculous world. I totally agree with Burly Bear.

If you like her jewellery and it suits your glamour puss style then
good luck to you. There is alot of OTT pricing for what is costume
jewellery on QVC all ready so its not really fair to target Joan.

I do agree Shush and Burly, though I do think the prices are inflated for what you get. Every time I watch her I think she's going to come out with a load of obscenities - can you just imagine if she had an alzheimer's moment and thought she was on a talk show or something? The specs do look quite nice until ........... Joan and the presenters put them on. Saw Julia wearing them and they looked hideous on her I thought.

don't you just love the way that she sells her things on qvc and then takes the micky out of it all when she does a show

i have to say i always roar when she's on

and isn't it lovely to have debbie back at qvc, she knows how to be with joan too hee hee

I saw Claudia wearing them last night and she looked incredible in them (but I must say that pregnancy really suits Claudia, she's a stunning woman anyway, but she looks amazing at the moment. What the heck is her secret? When I was preg I looked like I'd been excreted by a colossal German Shepherd.)

I was very disappointed in this TSV, I wear contact lenses so have no need of glasses. I've still tried to catch JR's shows today, without much success...

One of my all-time favourite purchases from QVC was a JR egg bracelet, which people always comment on and which goes with everything. It wasn't expensive either. Not all of JR's stuff is particularly tasteful, but it's always fun, and she's a hoot. I love watching her just in case she says something that's either too shocking for shopping telly, or sends the presenter in to a spasm. Love JR, love her.

Latest posts

Back