Julia asking folk to text their 'forename'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fairynuff

Registered Shopper
I know how it irks many people that JR constantly asks people to text in using their 'Christian' name so I was very surprised to hear her say 'forename' in today's 3pm Cashmasoft show. Wonder if someone has had a quiet word in her shell-like?

I know how it irks many people that JR constantly asks people to text in using their 'Christian' name so I was very surprised to hear her say 'forename' in today's 3pm Cashmasoft show. Wonder if someone has had a quiet word in her shell-like?

Well thank goodness for that.:clapping::clapping::mysmilie_481::mysmilie_8:

Well it doesn't annoy me.. If peeps have complained to QVC, then they have far too much time on their hands! :bandit:

Totally agree, cos when I last looked, this country IS STILL Christian !!!! I was brought up with a 'christian' name, and if others are offended, but sorry thats their problem !

I agree Brissles... Though Im not religious, I've never associated it in a religious way, just as thats what its called :bandit:

Another athiest but couldn't care less. I grew up with everyone calling it a christian name. The world has truely gone mad if it upsets peeps to the extent that they have complained to QVC. As Daisy has said, too much time on their hands.

Way cool, if a little dated as the expression nowadays is usually given name. It irks me and I challenge it rather tan grumble without being willing to take some action, c'est moi :giggle: I live in a country where church and state are in theory separate so that maybe why I see things differently to the ever charming brissles. I do see it as religious but then I am conscious of showing respect toward other people's faith whatever it may be within reason. *

*sorry any scientologists, but honestly how do they get away with it?

Last edited:
I just think Julia says 'christian name' by habit as a lot of people our age do, that's what we were brought up to say. Okay, it might not be very PC but I really don't understand why people would get upset about it - it's not like she's insulting anyone purposely is it?

You should hear some of the things my older relatives say without even realising the offence it could cause these days!!!!!! :mysmilie_13:

I must be going deaf, I thought she asked people to text in their full name - thought maybe they'd had some dodgy texts or something! :giggle:

I just think Julia says 'christian name' by habit as a lot of people our age do, that's what we were brought up to say. Okay, it might not be very PC but I really don't understand why people would get upset about it - it's not like she's insulting anyone purposely is it?

You should hear some of the things my older relatives say without even realising the offence it could cause these days!!!!!! :mysmilie_13:

I must be going deaf, I thought she asked people to text in their full name - thought maybe they'd had some dodgy texts or something! :giggle:

Oh Starlight maybe my mistake then and you're right..if so I apologise for misleading anyone , definitely not my intention!

i missed the name bit but the bit i did hear had me yelling at the tv again.

"soooooooo much better than cashmere, that you have to wash by hand, then lie flat on a towel and it takes dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyys to dry" complete with eyeroll.

if i hear that one more time......................

I'll pay closer attention next time she's on to check which term she uses...it'll probably be back to 'text your christian name and where you're from'!

You were right, she did say forename, I just watched it back and she clearly said forename. :happy:

Ha ha, there you go, I am going deaf then!!

Either that or I must pay closer attention to what the presenters say :mysmilie_865:

I like "given name" but christian name doesn't offend me in the least. I do however love the reaction I often get from people when they find out I was brought up as a Methodist. It seems to shock the bejabbers out of people.

I was christened but I would never refer to my first name as my christian name. I'm not a christian. We do not live in a christian country, simply because the vast majority of people here are not practising christians. Just because people choose to lie their socks off in a church when they get married, or when they name a baby, or when they die, does not make them christian. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I really do hope Julia has stopped using this term. At best it's inaccurate and at worst it's devisive.

I can't stand all this PC nonesense no wonder the world is full of trouble and wars which are generally started by something to do with religion. Live and let live I say, and I have got a Christian name cos my mammy told me so.

Latest posts

Back