Julia at Wedding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh I think JR is very much with the times - after all, unmarried couples with children in this country are almost overtaking married couples with children, and our Julia is very much in the first camp !
She may be up with the times in the non married with children situation but in the fashion and hair department she is woefully behind the times.

DD had one of these strange wedding invitations recently, it sort of intimated that they would like to see you at the ceremony if you felt inclined to attend, but your actual invitation was for the evening party. I would imagine that Jill Franks was invited to the "whole" do, hence the glam outfit and Ali K and Julia were the also rans added on for the evening bash only.

If you were only invited to the evening do, then whats the rush ? you have heaps of time to change your shoes. Only if you're running into church or wherever before the bride turns up, would you have cause to run out of time ! (I would have thought anyway)

Yes brissles, but she probably did want to attend the ceremony, hence the rush, and then went away and amused herself until it was time for the evening do, by which time hopefully, she'd changed her shoes. By the way, I can't believe I'm sort of defending Julia here as I'm no fan by any means.

It's so simple take the shoes with you into the theatre and pop them on whilst your sitting down at suitable point during the service.
No further problem or any more attention required to the situation.
And as I've said before why they were so short of time due to a wrong street number, when they were due to check into a hotel before hand is a real muddle to me.

DD had one of these strange wedding invitations recently, it sort of intimated that they would like to see you at the ceremony if you felt inclined to attend, but your actual invitation was for the evening party. I would imagine that Jill Franks was invited to the "whole" do, hence the glam outfit and Ali K and Julia were the also rans added on for the evening bash only.

Reading the blog again I think you've hit the nail on the head. Julia says that they took Ali K for lunch after the ceremony but the RSC website says there was a reception at a hotel across the road.

This thread is really funny. I can't understand why people get so involved into the whys and wherefores of what someone they don't know wore to go a wedding of someone else they don't know.

No ones getting anymore involved than they do about any other thread,its just chat. Personally I reckon she planned on wearing the Emus all along knowing how young and hip she looks in the outfit :rock:

No ones getting anymore involved than they do about any other thread,its just chat. Personally I reckon she planned on wearing the Emus all along knowing how young and hip she looks in the outfit :rock:

Well I agree that JR threads usually create a lot of posts there aren't too many other threads that have as many posts in such a short space of time.

Im more concerned that Julia thinks those boots go with that tunic for any occasion let alone a wedding!!

Well I think she would have looked awful even she had changed out of the Emus, as you know she doesn't do heels, not with her fallen arches/dancers calves/hammer toes/achilles heel or whatever it is she supposed to suffer from.

The tunic Julia had on was one I think she wore with the printed pulling in leggings that was commented on here once.

Latest posts

Back