Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

csi

Registered Shopper
I loved Debbie when she was first on QVC. I even 🙈 wrote a letter to QVC asking if she had left and where had she gone to. Don't all shout at me. They said she had left and she wanted to do other things basically.
When she returned to QVC the change in her was unbelievable. I don't like being mean or unkind, but i can't watch her now at all. Which is sad cos i really liked her on QVC first time around.
My fav is Jill Franks. I like Jilly, Katy, Ann, Jackie, Catherine, Dale, Alex. There are a few i can't watch.

I use to like Julia, she is good at her job. But i dislike her when she is pulling other people down then saying i am only joking. When imo you know she means it. I think she has got to big for her boots. I am Queen Bea untouchable. Sorry if anyone thinks i am being unkind towards her. Its just my opinion.

In my opinion whenever i see a bit of loose women which is rare. I think Jackie would be very good as an Anchor on it. Rather than being on QVC. Its just my opinion, she would be an excellent addition. There are women on that programme that shouldn't be on it.

I can’t picture any of them doing anything other than they do now. They’re so disingenuous it’s untrue. When Debbie Flint left QVC it was to go to Ideal World when they first started twenty years ago, but she was quickly let go as no one liked her, and in all honesty I can’t say I blame them. She was bossy, aggressive and rude to everyone, pretty much like the Debbie Flint we see before us.

QVC shop assistants have delusions of grandeur, they’re not at all likeable and they think they’re celebrities. They’re not, they can’t even get “blue ticks” on any social media platform that’s how less than celebrities they are, but it won’t stop them trying, it’s their delusions (and the freebies) that keep them at QVC funny enough, because without the adoration and praise from QVC customers, there’s no other place for them to get it.

Both Debbie Flint and Julia Roberts come across as full of themselves which is a very unattractive trait. Debbie Flint makes constant vlogs of her walking in muddy puddles through the woods. She spent several years recording herself walking by the River Torridge and asking people to look at the sky. Next it will be views from that balcony. She also thinks she knows everything. Julia Roberts can’t get over owning a house with would you believe it a garden with an outbuilding and she is an author. Let’s not forget how girly she is. What’s the matter with these people? Oh, they also post photographs of their food. Why?

I could count the number of presenters on one hand and not using all fingers that I really like.

The others I turn off - sorry.

As for DF if you recall so was Phil Lavers, who also left to go to IW.

My brother always says there not anyones friend, there there to do a job, thats all.

I do feel jackie should be on a better channel with all the experience she has with the reporting she did in her previous career. Loose women have crap people on the panel. I feel she should be doing a something like that, not QVC. Ruth langford was on the holiday chanel with Simon Biagi and now she is on ITV. If she haven't have married Eamonn she would be a QVC presenter imo.

My brother always says there not anyones friend, there there to do a job, thats all.

I do feel jackie should be on a better channel with all the experience she has with the reporting she did in her previous career. Loose women have crap people on the panel. I feel she should be doing a something like that, not QVC. Ruth langford was on the holiday chanel with Simon Biagi and now she is on ITV. If she haven't have married Eamonn she would be a QVC presenter imo.

I agree, although not there to be anyone’s friend, you’d be forgiven in thinking otherwise, with their blogs and Social Media telling you everything but what colour knickers they’ve got on, some even tell you that.

QVCs main selling point as a business is trying to make you think they’re your friend, especially with their “always here for you” “feeling good together” and “we’re here with you” tags. That’s probably why they’re told to indulge everything about themselves and their family, some way more than others, some for work purposes and some just like bragging to feed their narcissistic tendencies.

First of all if you like them and they make your watching and buying enjoyable then that’s nice for you.

Personally I wouldn’t p&&s on any of them if they were on fire and Jackie would be top of the list maybe even nudging Chuntly out of the way.

I agree any of them would do on LW but then I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes than watch a second of that rubbish so they and their egos would be right at home.

Watching R Osman House of Games this week with Kate Robbins and you will never see her and Del Boy in the same room both facially and personality.

Perhaps because I don’t see him much Dale is ok and a bit more old school.

I beg to differ, if Ruth hadn't married Eamon we would have no idea at all who she is..

I agree, although not there to be anyone’s friend, you’d be forgiven in thinking otherwise, with their blogs and Social Media telling you everything but what colour knickers they’ve got on, some even tell you that.

QVCs main selling point as a business is trying to make you think they’re your friend, especially with their “always here for you” “feeling good together” and “we’re here with you” tags. That’s probably why they’re told to indulge everything about themselves and their family, some way more than others, some for work purposes and some just like bragging to feed their narcissistic tendencies.
I can think of one who'd be happy to announce that she's going commando!

I find Jackie Kabler, Miceal Murphy and Kathy Taylor bearable, but not so much for the rest. I don't know if Simon Biagi has always shouted as much as he does now, or whether it's a new thing, but it's a big turn-off.

Some of the guests are as bad as the presenters. I particularly dislike that ****** awful Cozee Home woman Debra Leigh, Jennifer Ness of Algenist and the himbo that is Tommy Cross. Alos, the stylist Katie Pemberton is so vacant I swear you can see straight through her sometimes.

What gets me with DF is when she posts pics of her grandchildren with their heads not in the picture as clearly their parents do want all and sundry seeing them, then why bother in the first place it just seems stupid, why not describe time she has spent with them if she must and if she thinks we are interested not post a pic of say a child's toy car for example with most of the body and head missing!

So did the late Steve Whatley.

The last time I saw Paul Lavers he was in an advert for Haribo sweets.
Steve was a very good presenter. I remember him once saying someone had rung about his describing jewellery saying people could see what it looked like. His response was that due to a problem with a contact lense he'd had trouble with his sight for a few months and he was describing for people with poor vision or blindness.

I loved Debbie when she was first on QVC. I even 🙈 wrote a letter to QVC asking if she had left and where had she gone to. Don't all shout at me. They said she had left and she wanted to do other things basically.
When she returned to QVC the change in her was unbelievable. I don't like being mean or unkind, but i can't watch her now at all. Which is sad cos i really liked her on QVC first time around.
My fav is Jill Franks. I like Jilly, Katy, Ann, Jackie, Catherine, Dale, Alex. There are a few i can't watch.

I use to like Julia, she is good at her job. But i dislike her when she is pulling other people down then saying i am only joking. When imo you know she means it. I think she has got to big for her boots. I am Queen Bea untouchable. Sorry if anyone thinks i am being unkind towards her. Its just my opinion.

In my opinion whenever i see a bit of loose women which is rare. I think Jackie would be very good as an Anchor on it. Rather than being on QVC. Its just my opinion, she would be an excellent addition. There are women on that programme that shouldn't be on it.
I only saw Debbie from around 2009, and she was my favourite presenter then. Gradually the scales fell from my eyes!

I like Jilly, though she's somewhat boring. I just think she seems more genuine and likeable.

I can sit through a Jill Frank's show except with Lola Rose.

Dale I don't mind (anyone else noticed he's lost quite a bit of weight, I hope it is getting healthier rather than being I'll that's caused the change).

MicĂŠal I like, although I don't think he shines. I'd like to see him interviewing people for a living, as he's excellent at it.

Anne Dawson is another I like.

I also don't mind Charlie or Ali Young, or Katy Pullinger (she's grown on me).

Jackie Kabler has gone downhill completely. I lay the blame on the spaniels ears hair!

Ali Keenan used to be a favourite. I now find her unwatchable.

Pull up the skip to dump the rest in, including Debbie! Harsh, I know, but hard sell, too much aggression, WAY too much passive aggressive "joking", self-promoting, too lazy or entitled to do the homework required to be competent at the job...

Steve was a very good presenter. I remember him once saying someone had rung about his describing jewellery saying people could see what it looked like. His response was that due to a problem with a contact lense he'd had trouble with his sight for a few months and he was describing for people with poor vision or blindness.
poor Steve such a sad end, I thought he was both genuine and pleasant if a tad over the top, but a harmless soul😥

What gets me with DF is when she posts pics of her grandchildren with their heads not in the picture as clearly their parents do want all and sundry seeing them, then why bother in the first place it just seems stupid, why not describe time she has spent with them if she must and if she thinks we are interested not post a pic of say a child's toy car for example with most of the body and head missing!
You’re completely right about Debbie. Those photographs are simply an example of how full of herself and how controlling she is. Instead of respecting the fact that her children don’t want photos of their children on social media she engineers it to get her way by obscuring their face. She is lucky that her daughter in law is not one of my lovely daughters because the controlling and disrespect would had seriously misfired.

Ali Keenan used to be a favourite. I now find her unwatchable.
I loathe Alison Keenan. I've never bought that folksy, 'I'm just like you' routine she does as being remotely genuine or sincere. She spends too much time developing then advertising a little 'community' around her and her jewellery shows where everyone tweets and facebooks 'nice things' - all so nice, so warm. So valuable commercially to QVC...

I also don't need to hear anything else about Honey, her new husband, dogs or kitchen. I particularly don't need any more of her sotto voce mentions of cancer which, in my opinion, are tastelessly and crassly made whilst simultaneously delivering a sales spiel. She needs to be particularly careful to avoid making any mentions of her cancer when selling some of the magic potions, unnecessary dietary supplements and other quackery in which QVC likes to indulge, along with Ultrasun products, lest people draw the wrong conclusions.

She also needs to learn to shut up and let the guest finish a sentence before jumping in with some inane comment, or continually finishing other people's sentences for them. The woman just can't be quiet and listen for more than ten seconds.

I think Julia began to change in the build up to her wedding. She became full of herself and over confident. Once she (finally!) got married, became even worse. She appears to have let this book writing thing really go to her head,even defining herself as a ‘presenter and author’

Latest posts

Back