Julia reveals health issue

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Poor JuJu! I guessed something was up - she hinted as much on air a while ago. Might also explain why she has cut back on her shifts and doesn't do late nights much these days.

Best wishes if you're reading this Julia! :hi:

I'm very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to Julia in managing this, and to others suffering too.

Positive thoughts and love to Julia and her family. What a terrible thing to happen.

as burlz said, this must have been going on a couple years now. all good wishes julia.

AllTheBest to Julia as she fights on and brings awareness about this illness. On Feb14th I signed on to donate my organs and had since wondered about donating BoneMarrow. Reading about her today, prompted me to check it out, but Snarly's not a cub anymore! 49 is the cut-off. My (((cwtch/hug))) to ThoseInBattle :heart: x Snarly

is this the same forum that was slagging of the same lady for releasing a book and having lots of time off screen?

Just to add my best wishes to Julia, she does look and sound well in this evening's shows. I've always liked her voice, it has a nice pitch and very good clarity.....even though she does say 'numbah' instead of number. :tongue:

I heard her say earlier that she would be a 'guest' on Monday's morning show.....talking about her new book. (Feelings about her book have been fully aired previously, so lets keep this thread continuing in a positive manner?) :happy:

Last edited:
is this the same forum that was slagging of the same lady for releasing a book and having lots of time off screen?

To be honest I still think the book will be rubbish but that doesnt stop me wishing her all the best

The husband of one of my friends donated bone marrow a couple of years ago Snarly. They had both signed up with the Anthony Nolan Trust and he was a match some years later. The recipient was extremely grateful and was doing Ok. You are not allowed to keep in touch.

Really sad newsand hope she gets better and lives along life. When i was reading her blog i couldnt help but feel its a pity she mentioned her book at the start.i felt it really didnt need to be mentioned tbh. Thoughts are with her and her family.

Thanks, FlyingPigs, for that. That Trust has a lower cut-off age, so Snarly's definitely LongInTheTooth. Because of M.E., I can't donate blood but as weird as it may sound. I was glad to know they would accept my organs. x Snarly

I'd also like to add my best wishes to Julia for a speedy recovery. I try to avoid commenting on the presenters physical appearance as I have no right to pass judgement on others when I'm no glamour model myself. I'm sure Julia doesn't mind having fun poked at her, though. Just because her health is compromised it doesn't mean she's untouchable, all of my friends and colleagues with cancer want to be treated as normal and not with kid gloves. Maybe that's part of the reason why she has waited till now to announce her treatment? I don't have to be nice about her book if it's rubbish just because she has myeloid leukaemia, do I? I do enjoy her presentation style and wish there were more like her, a consummate professional.

I was shocked to read this. I'm not JR's greatest fan but I wish her well with her treatment and to everyone else suffering from this disgusting illness.

Latest posts

Back