Julia Robert's gold popcorn watch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think they cut off your order history at a certain number of items... it's always helpful if you're in the habit of keeping your emails.

When I rang CS to ask for an item number because I wanted to repurchase an item ,they asked me if I would like a print out of all my orders incase I wanted to re-order anything else. It went back to the first item I purchased, was like a copy of War and Peace and, more embarrassingly, showed how much I'd spent in total.

It might worth asking them to send a copy of all your purchases, if they still do this for customers.

My popcorn watch has been stolen and I need to make a claim on my insurance. Can anyone tell me how much it cost last time it was on air which I think was about 3 years ago but not sure as they do not sell it anymore. I have called customer services at QVC but they could only tell me what it cost 10 years ago when I bought it. A friend of mine thought it cost about £700 the last time she saw it on air. Any help would be much appreciated as I have to tell the insurers how much it would cost to replace as new.

Sorry for delay. Found my paperwork re watch. Bought it ages ago unfortunately. On 5/12/04 it was £366 + £3.95 postage. They refunded every penny in Sept 2013 because one of the chains broke after about 6 wearing shorts. I just kept it in the box for years until a forum member said there was a long guarantee on the watch. So I tried my luck with a refund.
Sorry the price I paid is not really relavent to you if yours was a much more recent purchase than mine.
The person I dealt with was:
Mr John Gilbert, Customer Operations Centre, Jewellery Dept, PO BOX 606, Knowsley. L70 2QH.
( I dealt with the matter by letter throughout as I found that Customer Services on the phone were just giving out the usual 30day mbg having expired etc etc ) Even if John Gilbert is no longer there a letter may do the trick. Good luck!

Sorry for delay. Found my paperwork re watch. Bought it ages ago unfortunately. On 5/12/04 it was £366 + £3.95 postage. They refunded every penny in Sept 2013 because one of the chains broke after about 6 wearing shorts. I just kept it in the box for years until a forum member said there was a long guarantee on the watch. So I tried my luck with a refund.
Sorry the price I paid is not really relavent to you if yours was a much more recent purchase than mine.
The person I dealt with was:
Mr John Gilbert, Customer Operations Centre, Jewellery Dept, PO BOX 606, Knowsley. L70 2QH.
( I dealt with the matter by letter throughout as I found that Customer Services on the phone were just giving out the usual 30day mbg having expired etc etc ) Even if John Gilbert is no longer there a letter may do the trick. Good luck!

I too have the Julia popcorn watch - I have kept a note of the name/address you have given Scouser in case it breaks in the future. I think I paid a very similar price to you.

Re: Julia Roberts' Gold Popcorn Watch

I too have the Julia popcorn watch - I have kept a note of the name/address you have given Scouser in case it breaks in the future. I think I paid a very similar price to you.

Thanks to everyone who posted. Unfortunately I am none the wiser as to how much it cost the last time it went to air.
My policy is new for old so need to know as near as possible its current value not second hand value as per ebay posting that someone kindly posted.
QVC Customer Service did provide me with the invoice showing price I paid for it 10 years ago but could not tell me the price that it was the last time it was on air even though I did provide them with the item number - hence this posting.
Oh well, I will just have to make a guess and hope the Insurers will accept without proof but I doubt it.

Thanks again for all the postings though. I will tweet Julia as suggested and see if she can remember.

10 years ago I recall that Q were selling it for over £450 I remember that I liked it but could not afford it! Shortly after this I did not see the watch available again.

I would take the price you bought as and then double it, the price of gold went up and I think that was the reason QVC no longer sold it. But do try writing to the man Scouser said. I doubt QVC will be able to help if not, just let your insurance that it was a special limited item and the retailer(QVC), can no longer supply any information about it.

Latest posts

Back