Another change - not for the better!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I cannot fathom why he doesn’t understand that presenting is not his forte. Surely he must read social media. The viewing figures when he is on must plummet. As a business concept it’s simply bizarre.
I'm struggling to see exactly what his forte is.

He's not a presenter and he's not a 'gem expert' (he has no letters after his name to suggest any formal qualifications, and the nonsense that he does spout is just random excerpts of hearsay quotes and misleading information. I've never heard anything factual leave his mouth).

He has zero personality. No charm. No likeability. He has no enthusiasm when he speaks - he just drones on in his mumbling expressionless voice.

He offers nothing. He's just a total bore. His obsession with 30 second clocks makes it even more boring too.

He's not a presenter and he's not a 'gem expert' (he has no letters after his name to suggest any formal qualifications, and the nonsense that he does spout is just random excerpts of hearsay quotes and misleading information. I've never heard anything factual leave his mouth).

He has zero personality. No charm. No likeability. He has no enthusiasm when he speaks - he just drones on in his mumbling expressionless voice.

He offers nothing. He's just a total bore. His obsession with 30 second clocks makes it even more boring too.
There's some reason why no-one at the top is letting him run the company into the ground. Everyone is complaining about him, yet he's still there. Why?

There's some reason why no-one at the top is letting him run the company into the ground. Everyone is complaining about him, yet he's still there. Why?

I can only imagine that he's earning his worth by making HUGE profit margins on all the Jadeite, Agates and Queen Conch shell that he's sourced.

Plus he's best mates with Jake - and Jake runs the gig now.

In any business you make sure that you have the right people delivering that showcases their talent but enhances the organisation at its best. I don’t mind Dave. However I cannot understand the long lectures he delivers before a sale takes place. It’s an incredibly dull show. I like Hattie but her shouting style which seems to have increased, makes me turn off. Ellis used to be knowledgeable but her preachy style again has me turning off. I could go on……

In any business you make sure that you have the right people delivering that showcases their talent but enhances the organisation at its best. I don’t mind Dave. However I cannot understand the long lectures he delivers before a sale takes place. It’s an incredibly dull show. I like Hattie but her shouting style which seems to have increased, makes me turn off. Ellis used to be knowledgeable but her preachy style again has me turning off. I could go on……

It was better in the days of Scott Worsfold and Rae Carpenter who knew just the right balance of being knowledgeable and informative, without being too detailed and drawn out. They could also sell quickly and in quantity, without the OTT hard-sell.

In my opinion, if your product is good quality, looks good, and priced accordingly, they sell themselves.

If you have to employ people to convince viewers in a preaching manner about how good something is, or how good the prices are, then there's a good chance that the products can't sell themselves because they aren't actually that good and / or people can see that the prices aren't good either.

Gotta say it. Toby has really grown on me as a Presenter. When he first came I did not like him. But he's my second favourite to Jeffers now. Angeline has gone down, a lot, in my personal rankings lately. Troth is at the bottom, then Angeline.

Gotta say it. Toby has really grown on me as a Presenter. When he first came I did not like him. But he's my second favourite to Jeffers now. Angeline has gone down, a lot, in my personal rankings lately. Troth is at the bottom, then Angeline.

Out of the three 'guests' (Jake, Troth and Toby), Toby is the most watchable. He does actually have genuine knowledge and experience in the trade too - unlike the other two chancers.

Out of the presenters, Jeff is by far the best. I don't mind Angeline - she can come across as a bit snidey and passive-aggressive at times, but unlike the others, she does actually have genuine gemstone knowledge. I don't mind Kate McCarthy either - she's less 'hard-selly' than the others.

I was genuinely surprised to hear Jess Foley say that it's her 32nd birthday this weekend. I honestly thought she was about 40. It's a bit scary that she's a similar age to Kati Elliott and Hattie. She looks WAY older.

I was genuinely surprised to hear Jess Foley say that it's her 32nd birthday this weekend. I honestly thought she was about 40. It's a bit scary that she's a similar age to Kati Elliott and Hattie. She looks WAY older.
My mother thought that Toby Cavill is about 40. It was in 2020 or 2021, when the Polish-language Gemporia channel still existed. Toby was born in September 1988.

It was better in the days of Scott Worsfold and Rae Carpenter who knew just the right balance of being knowledgeable and informative, without being too detailed and drawn out. They could also sell quickly and in quantity, without the OTT hard-sell.

In my opinion, if your product is good quality, looks good, and priced accordingly, they sell themselves.

If you have to employ people to convince viewers in a preaching manner about how good something is, or how good the prices are, then there's a good chance that the products can't sell themselves because they aren't actually that good and / or people can see that the prices aren't good either.
Scott Worsfold also had a great sense of humour! I wonder what he's doing now?

Out of the three 'guests' (Jake, Troth and Toby), Toby is the most watchable. He does actually have genuine knowledge and experience in the trade too - unlike the other two chancers.

Out of the presenters, Jeff is by far the best. I don't mind Angeline - she can come across as a bit snidey and passive-aggressive at times, but unlike the others, she does actually have genuine gemstone knowledge. I don't mind Kate McCarthy either - she's less 'hard-selly' than the others.

Ooh, you are awful - but I like you! 🤣

My mother thought that Toby Cavill is about 40. It was in 2020 or 2021, when the Polish-language Gemporia channel still existed. Toby was born in September 1988.

I think he looks older because he always has that scruffy '6 days of stubble' look.

When he's clean shaven and has his hair nice, he looks much younger and he's quite a decent looking chap.

Scott Worsfold also had a great sense of humour! I wonder what he's doing now?

He was on the 'Hochanda' channel for a while, then 'Create & Craft'.

He still does TV work I believe - but he juggles it alongside his acting / theatre work. I'm sure I read that he had recently become managing director of a theatre too.

Acting his very much his main work. TV seems to be a side job.

He was on the 'Hochanda' channel for a while, then 'Create & Craft'.

He still does TV work I believe - but he juggles it alongside his acting / theatre work. I'm sure I read that he had recently become managing director of a theatre too.

Acting his very much his main work. TV seems to be a side job.
Thanks for that. Yes, he had that actor aura of confidence about him. Good to hear he's doing well.

I always really liked Scott, whether it was a great act or not, he always came across as genuine and knowledgeable and I got some amazing pieces of jewellery without having to listen to the likes of Troth droning on in a monotone for 40 minutes before a piece of jewellery was even sold.

I am in the process of divorcing and selling my house 😥 and have to save every penny so I've gone cold turkey on Gemporia for about 8 or 9 months as I was spending so much it was an addiction. I accidentally flicked onto the channel the other day and it was STILL David Troth droning on about jade!

I always really liked Scott, whether it was a great act or not, he always came across as genuine and knowledgeable and I got some amazing pieces of jewellery without having to listen to the likes of Troth droning on in a monotone for 40 minutes before a piece of jewellery was even sold.

I am in the process of divorcing and selling my house 😥 and have to save every penny so I've gone cold turkey on Gemporia for about 8 or 9 months as I was spending so much it was an addiction. I accidentally flicked onto the channel the other day and it was STILL David Troth droning on about jade!

Dave Troth has been standing there for that entire 9 months giving the same speech. Didn't you notice that he was wearing the same clothes?

Rumours are that he's due to finish that speech in around 53 days time.

I know the answer. Primal Living are going to market him as a cure for insomnia.

He'll be droning on forever, I can see no end in sight 😱

Latest posts

Back