Julia Yawn Needy - Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think the aptly named vanity publications for Julia and originally Debbie are mainly digital. Debbie was over the moon when she was approached by a "proper" publisher. I don't know if that was a one-off. Jackie Kabler was signed up by a real publisher...I wonder how jealous DF and JR were about that?
Isn't Ali Keenan now penning some literary masterpiece??
Soon it will be commonplace at Q towers to be a published author! Then the pecking order for these authors will be decided by book sales, or the prestige of the publisher they are signed to...
Never read any of Jackie's books but hear they are excellent!

I accidentally downloaded the spaniel ears book and just can’t bring myself to read it as I can’t stand the woman.

It sits on my Kindle to remind me of the stupid bint.
If you’re talking about “The Perfect Couple”, I wouldn’t bother. I have read it, because crime fiction is my favourite genre. So, thought I’d give it a go.
I finished it, but can’t recommend it. The lead character is highly annoying, the sort of person that if you slapped them once, you wouldn’t able to stop yourself.
The plot is ludicrous and as for the depiction of the police, words fail me.
But, don’t let me put you off.....😉

I wish she would give it a rest. Writing another book. Just celebrated her 43rd anniversary of moving in with Chris. The flowers she received. Sharing the message inside her card! Telling us he is a kind and thoughtful partner. Photo of her bl**dy home gym again. I am sure that there are enough viewers and even colleagues who are sick of the way she carries on. Get over yourself Julia. What’s the need for all this sharing? All this does not, in my opinion, make you particularly likeable to some people
Ickle Claire is still delighting her fans with tales from her life, I know because I live next door to one of her most ardent admirers. She's just finished renovating their holiday property in Aldeburgh CS that is, not my neighbour, & may even rent it out. Mrs next door has already contacted her saying expense is no object because she'll just love being CS for a week or so. I was told this as I was putting the parcels I'd taken in for her on the step & it was starting to snow, so I just said "How lovely" & came home. My Mr T said it was borderline stalking 😮

I accidentally downloaded the spaniel ears book and just can’t bring myself to read it as I can’t stand the woman.

It sits on my Kindle to remind me of the stupid bint.
Why do you need or want to be reminded of her? I'd just tap delete.

It's all too much. Anyone would think she was the Hollywood Julia Roberts (who, by the way, shuns publicity and lives a low profile life when not promoting a film).
She’s a legend in her own lunchbox ..... a vegetarian one, of course.

There are plenty of things I could say about her, but the one in the post is the politest one. 😉

She’s only a vegetarian when it suits, probably more for health reasons than ethical, because she certainly didn’t mind fawning over Dennis Bastardo and praising his coats, she’s a selfish woman and it stands out a mile.

And yeah, I bet the people who type in Julia Roberts are pissed when the Queen of gurn herself grid pops up. Yes the woman has no class, to brag anyway is bad enough in these economic times but using a whole shopping channel as her own personal publicist is unbelievable. I feel sorry for her, her life must be such a disappointment and empty if she feels the need to consistently brag hoping people are jealous and want her life, her delusions of grandeur is off the scale to even think anyone gives a shine-a-light.

I wish she would give it a rest. Writing another book. Just celebrated her 43rd anniversary of moving in with Chris. The flowers she received. Sharing the message inside her card! Telling us he is a kind and thoughtful partner. Photo of her bl**dy home gym again. I am sure that there are enough viewers and even colleagues who are sick of the way she carries on. Get over yourself Julia. What’s the need for all this sharing? All this does not, in my opinion, make you particularly likeable to some people
This is a joke surely :oops: A 60+ woman doing this, jimminy, the wedding buzz has gone so needs a new balloon to pop.

I think the aptly named vanity publications for Julia and originally Debbie are mainly digital. Debbie was over the moon when she was approached by a "proper" publisher. I don't know if that was a one-off. Jackie Kabler was signed up by a real publisher...I wonder how jealous DF and JR were about that?
Isn't Ali Keenan now penning some literary masterpiece??
Soon it will be commonplace at Q towers to be a published author! Then the pecking order for these authors will be decided by book sales, or the prestige of the publisher they are signed to...
Wonder why Q haven’t done other ”interviews” with JR on her subsequent book releases. That was a cringe fest, must say.

I just have a thing about books! No matter how bad I stick it out to the bitter end.

I read about 3 book per week and could count on my one hand the number I haven’t finished - daft but true.
Me too, except mine are the printed variety. I can't throw them away so good old charity gets them but keeping JK on a Kindle..?

I read the first few pages of one of Debbie Flint's books but they were so badly written and edited that it went straight out. Same with one of Julia Roberts' books - basic editing was lacking and the writing style of both did nothing for me. I constantly felt my red pen twitch! Okay, chicklit isn't my literary genre but I can forgive anything that's well written. Both authors need to hire a recognized editor and find a reputable publisher, not one of those vanity places. I think they might struggle in that.

OTOH, I've just finished reading one of Jackie Kabler's books and overall I really enjoyed it. There were a few pages that I skipped because they were just going over old ground and did nothing for the plot, but at least the English was good and didn't grate on me, the plot kept me going and it was only 99p on Kindle. Any more and I wouldn't have bought it. And she wrote a nice little piece at the end thanking people for buying it, which I appreciated, because she can't make more than a few pennies on a 99p purchase price. Her publisher is Harper Collins and I've pre-ordered another 99p one out in June, based on how much I enjoyed the first one. I honestly feel she could make a living from it, though not as good a living as with QVC for a long time.

You may not all agree with me or like what I've written but I speak as I find. If Alison Keenan's books are 99p, I'd buy one out of curiosity, but I'm not holding my breath.

Wonder why Q haven’t done other ”interviews” with JR on her subsequent book releases. That was a cringe fest, must say.
Rest assured there will be more interviews and she doesn’t miss an opportunity to advertise her works. Years ago when her literary career started I took a look at one of her books on Amazon, only on Look Inside. It didn’t take long until I got to her describing a female character putting on a piece of Butter and Wilson jewellery! I stopped there having got a good idea of what the quality of read would be, afraid it would be all northern nights and Lola Rose. They can’t help themselves can they?
A Look Inside on Amazon of one of Debbie Flint’s books was even worse. I’ll leave it there. She thought her writing career would take off by writing a “Steamy” version of each book.

Where did all this inaccurate sense of their ability come from? It’s what is at the foundation of what makes them unwatchable.

I don’t believe any of them will make money from their literary works and certainly nothing like their QVC returns. The books are a vanity project. QVC and a cult of dedicated followers over feeds that vanity.

Last edited:
Rest assured there will be more interviews and she doesn’t miss an opportunity to advertise her works. Years ago when her literary career started I took a look at one of her books on Amazon, only on Look Inside. It didn’t take long until I got to her describing a female character putting on a piece of Butter and Wilson jewellery! I stopped there having got a good idea of what the quality of read would be, afraid it would be all northern nights and Lola Rose. They can’t help themselves can they?
A Look Inside on Amazon of one of Debbie Flint’s books was even worse. I’ll it there. She thought her writing career would take off by writing a “Steamy” version of each book.

Where did all this inaccurate sense of their ability come from? It’s what is at the foundation of what makes them unwatchable.

Thats absolutely spot on. ❤️

I wonder when Flinty will finish the novel French or Dutch that she has been writing for years. It must be good because at one point she was offering mentoring sessions for would be writers at her retreat for an additional charge. Of course.
I think it will be some time before we see it in bookshops because she is so busy producing vlogs of her going for a walk, in the summer it will be views from my balcony, then there is her playing on her computer, sampling freebies and let’s not forget what has become unmissable viewing - her Thursday Bantz, when she shares with us the exciting things she has been doing, a look at her QVC freebies etc she sometimes, if we are lucky, let’s us take a look at her cup of tea. Just recently, she has become fond of zooming in on close ups of her irritated eye and she likes to point out that she is not wearing makeup. It might be so that cult members can comment on how beautiful she is. I am rambling on I know and don’t listen to me I am just a cynic when it comes to QVC salespeople.

Latest posts

Back