Katy Pullinger

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Samsmum

Registered Shopper
Katy ****** Pullinger! So..... I get in from work at 11.10 pm and turned on Q. Imagine my dismay when I realised Draculas daughter was presenting the last hour of Laura Geller! My dismay escalated when she said she was carrying on for the Adesso hour. If she says um- errr once more, I swear I shall be done for murder- hate the woman 😡😡😡😡

Yes, she is annoying. What I find strange is that no one alerts her to it. I don't watch her now even when I channel hop on it's straight back off, as I've said in the past, it's theeeeee lonnnnnng drawn out worrrrrrds that get me ummmmmm switching overrrrrrr ummmmmm straight awayyyyyy. :mysmilie_13:

The Adesso guest is nearly as annoying as Katy with her hyena laugh....a good combination to miss.

I swîtched over at 11.00 last night and nearly jumped off the sofa at how VERY LOUD Katy was. Goodness me! I switched off.

The Adesso guest is nearly as annoying as Katy with her hyena laugh....a good combination to miss.

The saying 'two wrongs make a right', certainly don't apply in this case. Maybe Q realised that and because they didn't have much of the stock, (they seems to be 'littler and littler' (yes I know that isn't grammatically correct), then they put the most annoying presenter and one of the most annoying guest (there are worse (the Vitamix 'man' for instance), so that the sales may eek out until later!

Katy doesn't need a mic. I can hear her down on the south coast if I just stick my head out of the window ;)

I suspect the 'ummmmmm' as nearly every other word and slow pronunciation, is while she is listening to instructions in her earpiece - or its a bad habit. Whatever, its so annoying. Kabler doesn't ummm so much, but she too struggles to talk normally when being instructed - she stops speaking and lets her guest takeover, so obvious.

I'm a bit of a news junkie, and always watch the newspaper reviewers around 10.30 pm. If you thought Pullinger was bad, you should hear some of the 'professional' journalists/authors/academics having a go ! they ummmmm and eeeeerrrr for England, and I think for God's sake say something - I could do much better than that.

I suspect the 'ummmmmm' as nearly every other word and slow pronunciation, is while she is listening to instructions in her earpiece - or its a bad habit. Whatever, its so annoying. Kabler doesn't ummm so much, but she too struggles to talk normally when being instructed - she stops speaking and lets her guest takeover, so obvious.

I'm a bit of a news junkie, and always watch the newspaper reviewers around 10.30 pm. If you thought Pullinger was bad, you should hear some of the 'professional' journalists/authors/academics having a go ! they ummmmm and eeeeerrrr for England, and I think for God's sake say something - I could do much better than that.

I love watching the newspaper reviews too, and as you say some of the journalists, etc., are quite poor. There used to be a woman on Sky I think, whose name escapes me, who I hated watching, she just kept saying 'you know' continually. She drove me mad. She then disappeared for a while, but I did spot her back a few weeks ago. 'You know' I just cannot listen to her.

I don't like Katy Pullinger either.

I love watching the newspaper reviews too, and as you say some of the journalists, etc., are quite poor. There used to be a woman on Sky I think, whose name escapes me, who I hated watching, she just kept saying 'you know' continually. She drove me mad. She then disappeared for a while, but I did spot her back a few weeks ago. 'You know' I just cannot listen to her.

I don't like Katy Pullinger either.

I KNOW exactly who you mean !! I cant think of her name either - longish dark hair and in her 30's I'd say. But yes, she continually says "y'know" after every word. It then becomes a distraction, and you wait for the next y'know instead of listening to the dialogue.

I'm retired now but in my hey-day my job involved public speaking, making presentations and attending meetings with potential mega-bucks new clients. Before I was let loose, my employer put me through several courses to develop the necessary skills. I was even 'video'd' doing a presentation and given feedback on good and bad aspects !

I think the QVC presenters and guests need to complete similar training before being let loose on us.

I'm retired now but in my hey-day my job involved public speaking, making presentations and attending meetings with potential mega-bucks new clients. Before I was let loose, my employer put me through several courses to develop the necessary skills. I was even 'video'd' doing a presentation and given feedback on good and bad aspects !

I think the QVC presenters and guests need to complete similar training before being let loose on us.

You put your case very well, and I absolutely agree with you, as I was in a similar position. I don't like or dislike Katy but she irks me. One of the things I have noticed with QVC in particular (sorry folks) Jill Franks is the constant repeat of ''yeah yeah yeah yeah'' when agreeing with a guest. What does JF think she is achieving with this emphasized over use of 'yeah' OMG annoys me so much.

Re Franks' yeah yeah yeah. I do notice that Dale Franks does at least pronounce YES as it should be said, and not yeah, AND he is quite specific when he says it too.

Despite her once being my fav presenter I stopped watching Pipa as soon as her yeah yeah yeah (at the top of her voice) to every item started.i blame this on the dual presenters as she couldn't really have said that to herself but as soon as a BA became obligatory she went into overdrive.

Despite her once being my fav presenter I stopped watching Pipa as soon as her yeah yeah yeah (at the top of her voice) to every item started.i blame this on the dual presenters as she couldn't really have said that to herself but as soon as a BA became obligatory she went into overdrive.

What does BA mean?

Latest posts

Back