King;s Realm Meat, Just wondered what you thought and the Taste

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

littlepen

Registered Shopper
Has any one tried this brand, was looking at the TSV, but not too sure with 1.5kg of each, not sure if that would give 10 portions, suppose it depends on the thickest of cutting the meat, also wodered if any had tried this in the past, would love to know what you think.

Well..I have gone for it :wave: Glad to have read on the other thread here, about how well kept the animals are...that is important.

...and will let QVC know if the meats don't come up to a super standard that reflects the price.

daydreamer

To me it seems an odd idea to get meat from such a long distance away. Supporting your local butchers and farmers seems a much more sensible thing to me. And your local butcher will also be able to give you the information of where your meat is from, how it is kept, what best to do with what cut and how much you would need for how many people.

Order it, eat it, keep the box, send it back and use your 30 mbg.

Not that easy to do that now according to some on QVC's facebook page re Dietchef (I know different subject) As someone's Sister had bought the 30 day food pack tried 2 days worth of food didn't like it and sent it back to qvc for a refund and was told by QVC that they couldn't refund her her money back as she'd tried some of the food.

Back to the tsv I don't know what to make of waiting 2 months for this bit sneaky as you'd have paid all the easypay payments by Dec. It says it can be freezed for 6 months so why not send it out straight away? I think if people do send it back they are going to have a fight on their hands re a refund.

Won't be watching later as I refuse to watch anything that The Grinning Idiot Craig Rowe is presenting and that includes this.

Not that easy to do that now according to some on QVC's facebook page re Dietchef (I know different subject) As someone's Sister had bought the 30 day food pack tried 2 days worth of food didn't like it and sent it back to qvc for a refund and was told by QVC that they couldn't refund her her money back as she'd tried some of the food.

Back to the tsv I don't know what to make of waiting 2 months for this bit sneaky as you'd have paid all the easypay payments by Dec. It says it can be freezed for 6 months so why not send it out straight away? I think if people do send it back they are going to have a fight on their hands re a refund.

Won't be watching later as I refuse to watch anything that The Grinning Idiot Craig Rowe is presenting and that includes this.

Really? How interesting.

QVC recently had a 1 week supply of Diet Chef stuff on offer, and AK said that you could probably return the empty packets under the 30 day MBG if you weren't satisfied.

I'm getting mightily peed off with QVC; presenters can say what they like on air to get you to buy their products, but if you try and do what you've been advised to do on air, Customer Services slaps you down.

Plus they give different information to different customers who complain. They also can't guarantee that they'll send you the right order. So, would I buy food from someone like that? No. :taphead:

Looked on Facebook page and they've asked the lady in question to get back to them as they are surprised this has happened. Another lady is miffed about the tsv not being available in Scotland.

Really? How interesting.

QVC recently had a 1 week supply of Diet Chef stuff on offer, and AK said that you could probably return the empty packets under the 30 day MBG if you weren't satisfied.

I'm getting mightily peed off with QVC; presenters can say what they like on air to get you to buy their products, but if you try and do what you've been advised to do on air, Customer Services slaps you down.

Plus they give different information to different customers who complain. They also can't guarantee that they'll send you the right order. So, would I buy food from someone like that? No. :taphead:

I saw that as well. Plus Ive heard them banging on before about how the MBG applies to absolutely everything, even food, where else can you try it blah blah guff guff bollox bollox.

I dont think you start paying for it till its despatched.
Though Im still not remotely interested, personally I think its horrifically overpriced, even if it is decent meat, and I like to be able to see what Im buying before I part with the cash.

I dont think you start paying for it till its despatched.
Though Im still not remotely interested, personally I think its horrifically overpriced, even if it is decent meat, and I like to be able to see what Im buying before I part with the cash.

Silly me! Of course you don't start paying until the despatch date. I'm not buying as I'll be still paying off this years Christmas dinner in February. Plus like others have said I like to see what I'm buying not through a tv screen.

They also said this morning, they have sent out items to people to try, put up on the screen some of the reviews, but they are not on the website, think after considering carefully, I might wait and use my local butcher

I would never pay these inflated prices for meat products. I can buy good quality meat locally for a fraction of the price. I think it is a total rip off.

I have been watching this and they haven't said anything which would make me buy. It's expensive but usually meat that price would come with some kind of provenance. All I have heard is that it can come from anywhere in three counties. Words like premium and quality are pretty meaningless. Also he just said that you could get 30 meals out of one pack. Somewhat misleading. Surely that should be portions?

No way would 1 and half kilos of meat serve 10 people if I was dishing up!!:rock:I'm known for my generous portions:heart:

Kathy's just said there's a buzz around the QVC building about Andrew's sausages

:nod::nod::wink::wink:

:whew: say no more :blush:

I see the rather rotund gentleman from Kings Realm (am being polite) hasn't been on the diet chef programme then

For seven pounds odd per 8 Andrews sausage should be very impressive. Worked out that those cured pork chops worked out at about 22 pounds per kilo. Ocados hereford free range chops are 8.99 per kilo. To pay that much I would expect them to be organic and to specify exactly where they have come from.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

I did one year buy meat from QVC. I don't think it was Kings Realm but another company in Scotland.

NOT IMPRESSED !! Would not do it again.

I prefer to eat organic meat anway. Always have an organic turkey, ham, beef at Christmas from local farm now.

I did one year buy meat from QVC. I don't think it was Kings Realm but another company in Scotland.

NOT IMPRESSED !! Would not do it again.

I prefer to eat organic meat anway. Always have an organic turkey, ham, beef at Christmas from local farm now.

Buccleuch or something? I did wonder what had happened to them.

my mum ordered some steaks a while back and said they were alright but nothing special.she is 81 and too polite to want a refund as they ate it.

my mum shops in tescos and if its no better than the supermarket i wont be buying!:confused:

Latest posts

Back