Kipling TSV 2/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, Janey - I must really look at this site more.

This TSV also seems to have a zip that isn't sewn in at both ends, like a lot of Kipling bags, which I won't buy for security's sake. I'd have thought that a company with the buying power of Kipling could at least order zips to fit and pay that bit extra to have them sewn in. Other brands do, so why not Kipling?

Mon Dieu et Merci beaucoup, Janey. I have just bought my Christmas present to myself. I don't like the handbags, but have coveted the four wheel cabin bag in blue for years. C'est tres classe. No chance of buying it at about £110. Now via Vente Privee I have bought it for less than £45 including postage.

I couldn't sleep last night so got up in the early hours & switched on the TSV .Not only did I have in my face DF but the bag does not tempt me in any way.I just don't like the prints or colours on offer.I sometimes think Kipling get rid of their old stock of fabrics on their 'only available at QVC' offers?I like the webbing handles to match the colour of the bag, some of these don't.If you have gone for this hope you enjoy, it is a spacious bag but I have been with Kipling for years & it takes something new to get me interested.Looking forward to a 10 hour sleep tonight!

On Vente-Privee.com they charge £5.50 no matter what your order is, I've order six items delivered for £5.50 so that verifies really how QVC add to their profits.

I don't mind Velcro but I have memories impressed on my mind of a friend who I gave a small Kipling bag to travel with with lots of pockets--- I have heard Rip, Rip, Rip, Rip of the opening of the Velcro pockets as he can't remember which pocket things are in.I have to say I am heading that way!

hate velcro on bags. took me quite a few kipling purchases for the penny to drop. my fav bag atm been using it for well over 2 years is the alvar. not a spot of velcro in sight

hate velcro on bags. took me quite a few kipling purchases for the penny to drop. my fav bag atm been using it for well over 2 years is the alvar. not a spot of velcro in sight

They're fab, aren't they? Four external zips and one internal (on the large at least). Easy to find things when there are fewer places to look. Velcro always seems to fight back! :bandit:

They're fab, aren't they? Four external zips and one internal (on the large at least). Easy to find things when there are fewer places to look. Velcro always seems to fight back! :bandit:

i have been through many many duff bags to reach this conclusion. my worse bag was the one with small side pockets it had the shape of an old fashioned camera case. velcro hell it was lol:mysmilie_13:

I really like Kipling.

I have bought a few from QVC, but mainly I buy from the Kipling shop when they have a sale on, or I buy from Amazon.

I only have bags which have zipped closures. I think velcro looks cheap and nasty, and it picks up all sorts of rubbish so soon looks horribly scruffy. Leave it long enough and it stops sticking altogether. I don't like lose flaps and although I've a couple which giant press-stud closures, I wouldn't buy more. I don't like "dip in" pockets on the outside of a bag either. I just remember back to being young and foolish enough to go on fairground rides... and watching my bag contents make their escape. Never again!

I currently use a large Kipling tote with a shiny black base and black handles, but a dazzling beige body. Works year round, is neutral enough, and smart enough for most occasions (it's got a metal monkey not a fluffy one). If I need to be "posh" I've a couple of non-Kipling bags but I'm looking for a dressier large black Alvar. I need super-lightweight bags as I carry everything but the kitchen sink (even with periodic clear-outs it goes back up again). I've tried much smaller bags but they don't work for me for regular use. All that then happens is I end up carrying additional bags!!

I think the patterned bags are hard to wear a lot of the time. My patterned ones are all animal print of some sort, which you can get away with more than some of the others (plus they are simpler colour schemes, so fewer hideous colour clashes). The majority of the time I really dislike the patterns QVC gets exclusively.

Like you I learnt I don't like Velcro or flaps on my Kiplings or come to that grab handles that just flap around as I mostly wear my bags cross-body & the Alvar is my favourite too! I have a few in various colours. I remove the monkeys.

Contrarily my favourite Kipling purse is the Futurist which does have Velcro but saying that some I have had for years & have been washed repeatedly and the Velcro is still going strong.

If you can find one you might want to consider a Black Dot Embossed Alvar. I'm using mine at the moment & I think it's quite dressy. The link below is some pictures.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k...qq01fTuIM:&usg=__Ep59_AHX-BR2o7kecfY8Bj7Gp4s=

Presuming from your name you're also a Londoner so you might see me & my Alvar on the Tube!!!!

Mon Dieu et Merci beaucoup, Janey. I have just bought my Christmas present to myself. I don't like the handbags, but have coveted the four wheel cabin bag in blue for years. C'est tres classe. No chance of buying it at about £110. Now via Vente Privee I have bought it for less than £45 including postage.

Ah Mademoiselle Grumpee you have just discovered that with Kipling there is something for everyone! :mysmilie_480:

I couldn't sleep last night so got up in the early hours & switched on the TSV .Not only did I have in my face DF but the bag does not tempt me in any way.I just don't like the prints or colours on offer.I sometimes think Kipling get rid of their old stock of fabrics on their 'only available at QVC' offers?I like the webbing handles to match the colour of the bag, some of these don't.If you have gone for this hope you enjoy, it is a spacious bag but I have been with Kipling for years & it takes something new to get me interested.Looking forward to a 10 hour sleep tonight!

I thought the same about the handles SF - and the Violet Paisley scarf did not match the bag - so no no no from me lol!

Ah Mademoiselle Grumpee you have just discovered that with Kipling there is something for everyone! :mysmilie_480:

Oui, je mange mes mots.

S'il y a quelque chose pour chaque personne, le hunk dans le photo, il appartienne a vous?

i have the large alvar and a large shopper bag (patent looking base) both in the black tropical print. which is all black but has the black flowers embossed on it. when i go on holiday i have both the large one as a carry on it holds loads even a travel slanket plus other stuff and the alvar i use every day on holiday and at home. all the other kipling bags dont get used but i have sold quite a few over the years

Oui, je mange mes mots.

S'il y a quelque chose pour chaque personne, le hunk dans le photo, il appartienne a vous?
Pourquoi est ce que vous ecrivez en francais quand la majorite des forumites parle anglais? Hmmm ca fait longtemps que je n'ai pas ecris en francais et je suis obligee de reflechir avec la grammaire et avec un clavier anglais il y n'a pas d'accents

i have the large alvar and a large shopper bag (patent looking base) both in the black tropical print. which is all black but has the black flowers embossed on it. when i go on holiday i have both the large one as a carry on it holds loads even a travel slanket plus other stuff and the alvar i use every day on holiday and at home. all the other kipling bags dont get used but i have sold quite a few over the years
That's the combo I have. I have dazzling beige with the shiny bottom on the large shopper, and a latte coloured alvar. I switch the alvar sometimes (I bought it in the melon colour) but the shopper is a constant :) Our bag habits seem very similar...:mysmilie_3:

Pourquoi est ce que vous ecrivez en francais quand la majorite des forumites parle anglais? Hmmm ca fait longtemps que je n'ai pas ecris en francais et je suis obligee de reflechir avec la grammaire et avec un clavier anglais il y n'a pas d'accents

C'est plus que 50 années que j'ai etudie Frog a l'ecole. J'écris en mauvais français en solidarité avec Vent Privee.... et pour remercier Janey.

Si vous avez un Mac, vous trouverez, comme moi, que le clavier n'as pas des accents......mais, quand on commence a écrire de mauvais franglais, le Mac comprends, et donne des accents. C'est merveilleuse, la technology.

J'ai un iPad mini2 qui ne comprend pas le francais! Merci pour votre explication. Au revoir Mademoiselle Grumpy. Don't spend too much time on Vente Privee!

And talking of p&p as we often do.....When I decided to return to the Vente Privee website and buy a second suitcase, I bit the bullet because I should have ordered the day before, and not therefore set myself up for two lots of p&p. Only to find.... VP asked me if I wanted to add the second day's item to the first for ONE LOT of p&p!!!!

Accustomed as I am to QVC's p&p per item, I nearly fell off my chair with shock.

So in the value stakes, I have, including p&p, bought two Kipling suitcases for only £25 more than one small Kipling bag on QVC.

I love this forum, for sharing such good alternatives to selly telly. Three cheers for Janey and the numerous other contributors who show us cheaper and better places to shop.

And talking of p&p as we often do.....When I decided to return to the Vente Privee website and buy a second suitcase, I bit the bullet because I should have ordered the day before, and not therefore set myself up for two lots of p&p. Only to find.... VP asked me if I wanted to add the second day's item to the first for ONE LOT of p&p!!!!

Accustomed as I am to QVC's p&p per item, I nearly fell off my chair with shock.

So in the value stakes, I have, including p&p, bought two Kipling suitcases for only £25 more than one small Kipling bag on QVC.

I love this forum, for sharing such good alternatives to selly telly. Three cheers for Janey and the numerous other contributors who show us cheaper and better places to shop.

.........and so another bargain Kipling addiction begins! :mysmilie_59:

It's great when something unexpected like combined p&p happens.

They have 2 or 3 sales a year make sure you sign up to receive notice when it happens but beware you will get at least one or two emails a day from them.......it's pot luck whether there is something you want or need but the prices are always very good.

I ordered a £100+ bag & £30+ matching purse for around £40 including p&p and there are not many Kipling bags you can get for £40 these days unless you shop around.

Oh how I wish my avatar was mine......it is actually Henry Cavill in his guise as the Duke of Suffolk in The Tudors TV series that was on a few years ago. Apart from the fact I'm never likely to meet him I'm old enough to be his mother but I can dream!!!! :heart::heart::heart:

Latest posts

Back