Kipling TSV 25/3/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i like kipling but i dont collect them. they are lightwieght, robust and great to keep all your buts n bobs in order. also you can wash them which makes them hygenic. all my family have them now 3 generations :mysmilie_3:

Exactly! Why on earth would a grown woman want a ****** monkey hanging from a canvas bag? A ten year olds school bag maybe- but hardly classy by any stretch of the imagination! Lol!

While I do like kipling bags for holidays and casual days, I can't stand the fluffy monkeys, and always remove them. Even my young niece when I gave her a kipling bag got rid of the monkey.

Why would anyone need to collect Kipling bags? Apart from varying size and a cheaper model eith velcro most of them follow a pattern for compartments and zips, once you have one or two you are sorted for the function you need. Maybe one for spring/summer, one for autumn/winter and one with a pattern for holidays or with jeans. The price is ridiculous these days too. I have sold the ones I don't use and now have just 2- a Defea and a Reth. I like the look of the Louick, and am on waitlist for the Blue Feather. Not holding my breath though!

Nobody 'needs' to collect anything, but there's plenty here who have a stack of Lulu Guinness etc. I suppose people just like to ring the changes re size, colour etc. Even as far as make up and beauty products go, there are plenty of us that have more than we'll ever use! It's a modern phenomenon - I'm pretty sure my gran carried the same black patent handbag for most of her adult life!

I'm pretty sure my gran carried the same black patent handbag for most of her adult life!

So did mine! It was black in the shape of what we would call a 'doctors bag' and it had a resounding clipped closure which I liked when I was young. It must have been well made because I rarely saw her with anything else!

Well I love my Kipling bags including the monkeys, so clearly I'm immature and common as muck! Or maybe I just have a sense of fun and couldn't care less what fashion snobs think? I certainly don't feel the need to ridicule and look down on people whose tastes I don't share - that definitely isn't classy.

I agree Scout, I love my Kiplings with the monkey, they are light weight, colourful and fun. Not to everyone's taste my sister likes her heavy designer bags, each to their own no need to criticise each other, the world would be boring as they say.

So did mine! It was black in the shape of what we would call a 'doctors bag' and it had a resounding clipped closure which I liked when I was young. It must have been well made because I rarely saw her with anything else!
Yep, that's the one!

I have quite a few handbags but I don't "collect" them. I like to have a bag in a colour to match/co-ordinate with what I'm wearing. The only colours I have more than one bag in are black and pink. So if I have an orange handbag then I wouldn't buy another. I do like different sizes and styles sometimes too. But its certainly not about having them for the sake of adding another one to "the collection". I prefer selection to collection.

I can`t understand why people collect anything let alone bags with monkeys on them but hey ho, just because I dislike them, doesn`t mean I dislike the people who do. I can`t understand why people do lots of things but that`s life and how we all differ. Whatever our guilty or not so guilty secret, there`s always going to be polar opposites who declare it to be a waste of money/ childish / ugly / overpriced or just not to their taste. No point in being defensive, wear or use your collection with pride and for everybody who calls someone rude or who sees criticism of items, bags or otherwise, as a personal criticism, then try to think back to the times you too have voiced criticism of something, anything, on here too.
My own dislikes are exactly that, my own. Its my prerogative to say I dislike something just as much as its my prerogative to say I do like something and shouldn`t be misconstrued as malice.
As for teddies, bags, makeup palettes, candles, I can think of nothing worse for cluttering my space. I`d love to collect D flawless diamonds, they`re small, exclusive, take up little room and I doubt I`d get them on easy pays so I`ll simply live in hope lol.

I have a like/hate relationship with Kipling.

Like - lightweight, bright colours, great organisation, hard wearing (well nylon never wears out)

Hate - webbing straps - a bag with these will never ever be smart, nylon - too much like a wash bag you would take to hospital, and most of all the price. That is the biggest problem, for not much more you can get a nice leather bag.

Monkeys, I take the flurry ones off, the others often don't come off, would prefer no monkey at all but not too hung up about them. BUT I would never ever buy one for its name (that I do find creepy)

People might have a lot of different bags or shoes but not necessarily the same brand so I wouldn't call these a collection as such. However I would call 300 Kipling bags an illness.

Every time I go to buy a Kipling I look at the price and walk away. Even the best sale prices only bring them down to near their actual value.

I have quite a few handbags but I don't "collect" them. I like to have a bag in a colour to match/co-ordinate with what I'm wearing. The only colours I have more than one bag in are black and pink. So if I have an orange handbag then I wouldn't buy another. I do like different sizes and styles sometimes too. But its certainly not about having them for the sake of adding another one to "the collection". I prefer selection to collection.

I'm exactly the same Tinkerbelle. In the same way that people choose their shoes to coordinate with what they're wearing, I match my bag to my clothes. I don't have any two in the same colour or print, and I'm selective as to what I buy. I bought this TSV, for example, because I have summer sweaters in the exact same blue/green and yellow as the print. I wouldn't want any of the other TSV colours.

Another reason for Kipling is that I don't use leather and hardly ever dress anything but casually, so they suit me perfectly in those respects. I also love that I can bash and batter them to within an inch of their lives, the dogs and cats can throw up on them, and I just sling them in the washing machine and they come out like brand new. I get far more than my money's worth out of my bags. Whether/when I buy another Kipling will depend upon the colours offered in future in comparison with my wardrobe and the bags I already have. The one thing I don't possess and don't want is a black bag because I'd never use it!

I can`t understand why people collect anything let alone bags with monkeys on them but hey ho, just because I dislike them, doesn`t mean I dislike the people who do. I can`t understand why people do lots of things but that`s life and how we all differ. Whatever our guilty or not so guilty secret, there`s always going to be polar opposites who declare it to be a waste of money/ childish / ugly / overpriced or just not to their taste. No point in being defensive, wear or use your collection with pride and for everybody who calls someone rude or who sees criticism of items, bags or otherwise, as a personal criticism, then try to think back to the times you too have voiced criticism of something, anything, on here too.
My own dislikes are exactly that, my own. Its my prerogative to say I dislike something just as much as its my prerogative to say I do like something and shouldn`t be misconstrued as malice.
As for teddies, bags, makeup palettes, candles, I can think of nothing worse for cluttering my space. I`d love to collect D flawless diamonds, they`re small, exclusive, take up little room and I doubt I`d get them on easy pays so I`ll simply live in hope lol.
EXACTLY Vienna! My intention would never be to disrespect someone on a personal level and obviously it is their life and consequently their choice of 'collections' or whatever- but I thought the whole point of these forums was to err.... voice your opinion?!

I love them...and luckily my friend does too lol( so she understands) ...just love that when I get bored I can get another and not break the bank too much too ....lots of colours and styles and and accessories ...I love lots of brands but Kipling are just more practical and the Colours always match the fashions of the moment as far as I can tell ...I have a dodgy back so it all helps with there light weight fabric too ...

It's the lightness of them that sold them to me.
I'd always bought leather bags & am lucky to own quite a few lovely ones but since I bought my first Kipling they tend to stay in the cupboard. The weight of the leather ones before anything even goes inside makes me reach for the Kipling ones almost every time these days.

Exactly! Why on earth would a grown woman want a ****** monkey hanging from a canvas bag? A ten year olds school bag maybe- but hardly classy by any stretch of the imagination! Lol!

I keep my Kipling monkeys on my bags... I love them.

So what if I don't live up to your image of 'classy' - thankfully I've enough confidence in myself to make my own decisions. I can dress myself and even tie my own shoe laces.

Plus, the monkey hanging from my Kipling work bag didn't cause anyone to take me less seriously or to point and laugh at me on the train - seems it's OK to be seen in public with a furry key ring and not get sectioned... who'd have thought it!

My intention would never be to disrespect someone on a personal level and obviously it is their life and consequently their choice of 'collections' or whatever- but I thought the whole point of these forums was to err.... voice your opinion?!

Well, there's sharing an 'opinion' and then there's being judgemental....

EXACTLY Vienna! My intention would never be to disrespect someone on a personal level and obviously it is their life and consequently their choice of 'collections' or whatever- but I thought the whole point of these forums was to err.... voice your opinion?!

Please don't let it worry you, the majority of us on here don't take other people's opinions personally and most of us are mature enough to accept someone's else's opinion and move on............ The emphasis on "most of us" so take notice.

Don't let it worry you. If we all worried about opinions expressed here Graham would have a membership of 1.

And QVC would have an even less variety of goods on offer if we all loved and wanted the same thing.

I have no interest in beauty but loads do so that's great they can discuss.

I love jewellery and although a lot here don't there are enough to have a discussion with.

I like bags in general, some I love others don't suit my lifestyle but that doesn't make them right or wrong. I am still on the hunt for the holy grail of bags, if you have found yours wear it with pride!

I have loads of shoes and not as some people think because I have a thing about them but because I can never seem to get "the" pair combining looks and comfort. TBH most of them could go on the bin as they certainly don't come anywhere near fulfilling that criteria.

Latest posts

Back