Kipling TSV 7/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The price isn't special and I don't like any of the prints. I agree with akimbo - I also used to like Kipling when they had the Basic, Vintage and City ranges. I think they've just gone into mass production and lost their way. My advice to Kipling:

1. Revive the old Basic, Vintage and City ranges.
2. Sew in ALL zips. I hate seeing zips extending over the edge of the opening. It smacks of corner-cutting and cheapness, which Kipling prices aren't.
3. Bring down your prices and take off the monkeys.
4. If monkeys sell, then sell them as an optional extra but don't sell them with my bag when I don't wear them and yet I'm paying for them.
5. Choose names for your monkeys that are common in the UK. I couldn't give a * if it's been named after someone who works for Kipling, and it's us, the customers, they should be humouring, not their employees. Knowing someone has been rewarded with a monkey named after them does nothing for me while I'm paying these people's wages.
6. Bring back more cross-body bags. I don't buy bags where the grab handles hang down if you're wearing it on the shoulder. Not a good look.
7. Get some decent designs for prints. I don't like the current ones.

Rant over.

Totally agree, well said :clapping:

I much prefer grab handle bags, and remove detachable cross body straps after first ditching the monkey.

I agree that the price is not especially good, but I do like 3 of the 7 colour options, and I ordered it a couple of nights ago, as soon as it came 'live' (and after a glash of wine - hic!). I didn't order the one I thought I was going to, but got the 'blue bloom' instead. Incredibly, it's just been delivered, and I must say I LOVE it! It will be going on holiday with me shortly. I'll be easy to spot at the airport, dressed from head to toe in QVC 'exclusives' and former TSV's - say Hi if you notice me :happy:

Kipling bags are expensive for what they are, but there isn't any better brand of bag to travel with imo.

QVCs selection is so unrepresentative of the entire Kipling range, there are much nicer bags on the Kipling website, and then to be found for half the price on Amazon ;)

I agree the Tsv is expensive but have been very tempted today as I like the style but think it may be a bit big for me, like the blue floral print and the tile one (thank god that has sold out) am very wary of buying anymore Kiplings from Q as I have returned a few when u I have not liked them in the flesh and it has been costly in postage, need to learn my lesson,

The Navy & White floral and the Tile print were the two I liked. I surprised myself by ordering the Blue Bloom on impulse, but the colours are gorgeous - a deep teal, a purply blue and a russet brown on a warm sandy coloured background. It will go with loads of my other stuff, so I'm glad I got this one.
In terms of size, I'd say it's slightly smaller than I envisaged, but I can see that I'll get plenty in it.

The price isn't special and I don't like any of the prints. I agree with akimbo - I also used to like Kipling when they had the Basic, Vintage and City ranges. I think they've just gone into mass production and lost their way. My advice to Kipling:

1. Revive the old Basic, Vintage and City ranges.
2. Sew in ALL zips. I hate seeing zips extending over the edge of the opening. It smacks of corner-cutting and cheapness, which Kipling prices aren't.
3. Bring down your prices and take off the monkeys.
4. If monkeys sell, then sell them as an optional extra but don't sell them with my bag when I don't wear them and yet I'm paying for them.
5. Choose names for your monkeys that are common in the UK. I couldn't give a * if it's been named after someone who works for Kipling, and it's us, the customers, they should be humouring, not their employees. Knowing someone has been rewarded with a monkey named after them does nothing for me while I'm paying these people's wages.
6. Bring back more cross-body bags. I don't buy bags where the grab handles hang down if you're wearing it on the shoulder. Not a good look.
7. Get some decent designs for prints. I don't like the current ones.

Rant over.

Yep, agree with all the above. The ranges from years ago were far superior in quality. I noticed the linings in particularly have gone downhill, they are flimsy and cheaply stitched - especially those made for Q, there is also an abundance of Velcro fastenings - a cheap replacement for a zip. From over 10 years ago I have a beautiful beige tote with gold leather insignia and handles, and it has a lilac fabric lining - when was the last time you saw one of those ??? Its so true that the colour palette of recent years have hardly been inspiring - the pastels have all but disappeared.

(Margerine was on tonight and she can rival Clare any day in the high pitched girly voice - that's when she knew what was happening around her !)

I felt sorry for MF she looked so embarrassed when margarine was giggling and making those stupid voices, if I didn't know better (or do I) I'd have said she was drunk or high...............do QVC do random drug testing? Maybe they should start.

Latest posts

Back