Kipling

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyMum

Registered Shopper
I bought my first Kipling bag this week in a local shop - like it, so I'm in the market for another. Just been watching the presentation of the Machida cross-body bag, which I liked (except I fancied the blue which turned out not to be in stock, which happens every time I like a Tig bag also!!) - anyway, all the while Marie-Francoise was apparently showing the bag's innards, the camera was on the model, so I didn't get to see anything of it to see if it was what I wanted - grrrrr - what the heck was the director doing!!!:angry:

Yeah, they seem to be all over the place today - wrong colours, wrong dimensions - but then what can you expect from that dizzy pair :cheeky:

The Machida is really good, I bought it when it was a TSV and it was the first time a Kipling bag was actually bigger than I thought it was going to be! It has one large zippered main compartment, on smaller zippered compartment to the front (you can still get a good amount of stuff in there) and that at the very front another flappy compartment. There's another slip pocket fastened with velcro at the back.

ETA: If you have 5-6 almost identical shades of pink, why do you have to give them similar names? I mean, Tig can be just as confusing with their fancy names but sheesh! (drag me away, they have the Jacqueline in orange, I love it!)

Last edited:
The Machida is really good, I bought it when it was a TSV and it was the first time a Kipling bag was actually bigger than I thought it was going to be! It has one large zippered main compartment, on smaller zippered compartment to the front (you can still get a good amount of stuff in there) and that at the very front another flappy compartment. There's another slip pocket fastened with velcro at the back.

ETA: If you have 5-6 almost identical shades of pink, why do you have to give them similar names? I mean, Tig can be just as confusing with their fancy names but sheesh! (drag me away, they have the Jacqueline in orange, I love it!)

thanks craftology - on the Machida, are there are card holders or other organisational pockets in the bit behind the flap compartment, or is it just another compartment? M-F was saying about it being organised but as I couldn't see I was sooooo frustrated..!

There's a small zip pocket at the back of the main compartment & the key fob, and in the zippered front compartment are two phone pockets (you might get a card wallet or business card holder in there, too - one fits my compact Canon Ixus camera perfectly) and then a couple of pen holders.

I promise I'm not one of those people that have 30 Kipling bags in a dozen colours but I have a Jacqueline that I bought used from Ebay in a dark purple. It feels a bit more floppy than other Kipling bags, probably because it doesn't have as much lining and it doesn't have any organization pcokets, but it is a really good size and you can cram so much into it. The sides do stick out a bit which makes it look bulky but it means you can get A4 sized things in it. I'd love the idea of having one in a brighter colour for summer, for beach/gym/walks/whatever.

I have three Kipling bags. The Jacqueline was the first one I bought when it was a TSV. It lives under the bed holding my Liz Earle stash! That says it all really. It is a big bag, but I don't like the two side velcro compartments, one of which has the mobile phone holder etc. It gapes open and things DO fall out, including phone. There is no key fob, which did not bother me, but there were complaints at the time on reviews about that. Also the long strap which you can attach if you want to wear it crossed body is weird, and clips on each end at strange angles. Of course, I never got round to sending it back in time but it serves a purpose - just not the one I intended.

Well according to someone who irritates the hell out of me on the QVC FB page (Raves constantly about Elemis) She's posted this gem of a post "I hate the monkeys don't no y anyone would want one hangin from their bag??? All the bags look the same to n the pattern ones are horrible xxx". No pleasing some people.

Well according to someone who irritates the hell out of me on the QVC FB page (Raves constantly about Elemis) She's posted this gem of a post "I hate the monkeys don't no y anyone would want one hangin from their bag??? All the bags look the same to n the pattern ones are horrible xxx". No pleasing some people.

I think the monkeys are ok. I leave them on. I really like my other two Kipling bags, I can't remember the names! They are both smaller cross body ones, but plenty of room and good quality. Perfect for taking to football matches every week.

I bought my first Kipling bag this week in a local shop - like it, so I'm in the market for another. Just been watching the presentation of the Machida cross-body bag, which I liked (except I fancied the blue which turned out not to be in stock, which happens every time I like a Tig bag also!!) - anyway, all the while Marie-Francoise was apparently showing the bag's innards, the camera was on the model, so I didn't get to see anything of it to see if it was what I wanted - grrrrr - what the heck was the director doing!!!:angry:

Welcome to the Kipling Club!I have a few & could be tempted by more but am resisting.Am watching the 6pm hour & there are some nice styles there.I wouldn't pay the price for the leather but the fabric ones are light & ideal to take away on holiday.I keep looking at the Kipling website & will wait for the sale.

There is a Kipling Shop at Bicester Village and they charge a fraction of the price that QVC charge. I have purchased some lovely handbags, nowhere near the prices on QVC, (even though I still buy occasionally from QVC.) My DH bought me a lovely leather Kipling bag for Christmas and it was very reasonable.

BusyMum, they just said they'll show the Machida again this hour so maybe they'll get around to showing the compartments properly.

I love kipling.Bought the last TSV and the colour didn't do it for me.Other than that I've not purchased recently - really think I've had kipling overkill on QVC despite loving them

This bag looks great for travel,keeps hands free,not too bulky either
I mustve missed it when they had it as a tsv,reviews are good too.
I like the cross body type.

My favourite Kipling organiser is Milos, 135492, now out of stock, £39.76 + p&p, can be ordered on waiting list.

Attachments

• 135492[1].jpg
    135492[1].jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Wow!!!..just browsing the bags and see the ~Breezer bag + purse now selling for £60 + 4.45 p&p...oh my, I bought this as a tsv a few years back, no way did I pay anywhere near £64 for it :mysmilie_865: Inflation.! :wonder:

daydreamer

Take the monkey off. Simple. My cats used to try to dismember the fluffy ones.

I haven't bought a Kipling in ages but love the City Range. Have been using a brown April for about two years as my everyday bag and its still going strong.
Kipling's own website have had a sale on going, with 30% on certain bags and ranges.

Latest posts

Back