Kuhn Rikon Kitchen Gadgets TSV 29/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They are calling the parcel opener a bottle opener as well. Bit strange.

As they are not knives perhaps that is why no age mentioned. Can't do a Jack The Ripper with them

The bottle opener is the little 'hook' part on the edge of them whereas the the 'box opener' (has to google what that was exactly - an American thing I think but does look useful for... Opening boxes ;) is a blade built in to the outer edge of one of the scissor blades. If that makes any sense at all?!

I thought QVC were just being slow, as usual, in sending out emails.

I often have the "shipped" email days after the item has actually arrived.

After reading your post I just went to check on my order and they're just still saying "in progress" :( Not bought from qvc in a good while and am so used to Prime and Ebay speeds/services that am bit disappointed! Wanted them for my uncle's birthday on the 6th September but now looks as if that may be wishful thinking!

Suppose I'm going to have to make a chasing phone call?!

Hope the despatch yours ASAP now the order is actually placed!

i hate that qvc take the money out of our account and hold it until despatch which can take forever. not thinking of the customer as per usual

I've received my despatch email.

Can anyone spot the anomaly?

You have chosen to pay in Easy Pay instalments.
The cost shown below is for the total of all your Easy Pay instalments:
Order placed: 01/09/2017 at 12:19
Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 3 in 1 Shears
To track this item click here
Item Number
Quantity
806300 BE 00
Your EasyPay instalments are as follows:-

£22.43*payment in process*2nd*September 2017*(Initial instalment inc P&P)

I've received mine but am not too pleased with the box opening facility. When I use it the hook holding the scissors comes undone so the blades are open and uncomfortable to hold. I asked a friend to try and the same thing happened to her. As scissors/cutters they are great, so still not sure whether to send them back or not.

I haven't had mine yet, but I am a bit concerned about the sharp blade on the end.

My current old-style pair has a very rounded end to the blades.

Perhaps you could wrap an elastic band around the blade or the handle to stop it opening when you want to use the box cutter?

I phoned up and asked if I could ask why they hadn't been despatched and she said they should've been as no reason why not... Said she's going to get someone at the warehouse to check and call me back at some point, but can't see them being here by weds now, and assume nothing I can do about that?

And now concerned they may not be fit for purpose anyway - why do they always try to improve good products?!

Received mine.Not too sure about the box cutter blade being onthe outside.
I never had the originals so can't compare ,but I'm always sceptical about redesigns of a good product .Its a way of ensuring the item sells in large numbers to people who had the original.They need the "extras" to tempt people. I'm a.cynic .

They seem OK but haven't needed to use them yet apart from cutting open a packet of frozen dog food which is pretty easy.

Well I'm annoyed now!
Needless to say I never received the promised phone call letting me know what the issue is with my order, and just checked and it still says in progress! :(
Won't be here in time for tomorrow now.

Is it too late for my call and cancel my order does anyone know? I think that because it's not saying despatched that there may be a chance?
Plus those of you who have received theirs don't seem that blown away (I love my originals and was planning to keep one of these new ones...)

Well I'm annoyed now!
Needless to say I never received the promised phone call letting me know what the issue is with my order, and just checked and it still says in progress! :(
Won't be here in time for tomorrow now.

Is it too late for my call and cancel my order does anyone know? I think that because it's not saying despatched that there may be a chance?
Plus those of you who have received theirs don't seem that blown away (I love my originals and was planning to keep one of these new ones...)

you could try cancelling but usually within a second of placing the order qvc will say no you can't phone them and if it still is on the way refuse delivery

I don't want to rub it in TLL, but mine has just arrived at about 0930, yet I ordered it 2 or 3 days after the TSV day because my order didn't go through.

I haven't had chance to open the box yet so don't know if I'll like them.

Latest posts

Back