Laura Geller balance and brighten....opinions please :)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

let us know how you get on opal - i don't get on with b&b and be is just too messy.

Update on Lily Lolo. Received 7 sample sizes of foundation, very quick delivery and with a finishing powder too it totalled £11. Lili Lolo recommend ordering 3 samples but I was very confused which tone I would fit into after only using translucent powder for years. Started with the finishing powder as a base (as recommended) and first shade I tried was a little too dark but I wasn't going anywhere so left it on to see if I itched or reacted (bit nervous after trying other mineral cosmetics).

No itching, not uncomfortable at all so next day I tried a lighter shade and it's PERFECT for me, it's called Warm Peach and I have to say I really like it. I use a light dusting of the finishing powder then a light dusting of the Warm Peach and then another one. The finish is very matt so I don't use the finishing powder on the top. I do however use my finger to pick up a little bit of the Warm Peach and place it under my eye instead of a concealer and also do this to cover some darker marks on my chin and it works beautifully. One thing it doesn't do is erase my larger pores next to my nose or diminish the lines on my forehead but it doesn't look any worse than my translucent powder did and my skintone is more even. I haven't had to refresh during the day but then I've had quite a lazy week so far so this might not be the case when I have a busy schedule. And, I'm still kinda waiting for a breakout of spots because my skin isn't usually so well-behaved so keep your fingers crossed for me that it won't happen.

Hope this helps anyone considering trying a new foundation.

Whoops - should have said that it is quite messy. The sample pots are tiny (although I think you'd get a good week's worth because it goes so far). I tipped a tiny amount into a ramekin dish to do the swirl tap thing

I've been considering whether to try this foundation and have been having a dig around for more information. Seems the B&B contains alot of talc so decided to plump for trying a range which isn't on QVC.

It is a brand called Lily LoLo and the great thing is that they offer sample sizes of the foundation shades (of which there are many) and finishing powders for £1.49 each (and if you use Quidco there is a 8% cashback). This is mineral foundation but doesn't contain the Bismuth Oxychloride ingredient which is an irritant for some.

I've ordered a few samples now and can't wait for them to arrive to try. Just thought some of you might be interested.

I use lily lolo and it is excellent for my dry sensitive rosacea skin. I used to chop and change skin care and makeup and have now developed rosacea. I ordered a couple of samples towards the end of November last year and just recently ordered the full size so it lasted really well and both the samples suited me well but in the end I went with cookie as that gives me a great natural look with radiance. It is not cakey at all and I am so impressed - no reaction just great even looking skin. It is also light as a feather and a little goes a long way. Also very easy to work with. Can you tell I'm besotted with this?!

I use both BnB (in porcelain) and Lily Lolo. Love both. I find that I get a sheerer coverage with Lily Lolo. I used to get a "powdery" finish with BnB but I started using a different brush to apply and it's now perfect.

Charlie/Pumpkin - wish Lily lolo did sample blushers too. I can't decide whether to go for one of theirs (and if so, which one!) or whether to try the LG Ethereal Rose that alot of people seem to like. Which one do you use?

Charlie/Pumpkin - wish Lily lolo did sample blushers too. I can't decide whether to go for one of theirs (and if so, which one!) or whether to try the LG Ethereal Rose that alot of people seem to like. Which one do you use?

I was meaning to ask this question too but got carried away talking about the foundation! I would like to try the blushers. I really wish they did samples as it's difficult to tell why would suit without trying them out. I've never used LG ethereal rose but do have LG baby cakes and whilst I do like all the colours I wear pink grapefruit the most.

Boots No7 do a mineral blush that's quite nice in two good colours. It's a big pot & includes a brush in the box.
At around £9 it's a great buy if you've got one of their £5 vouchers that they're always giving out.

I don't like their mineral foundation though as the colours are all too dark, I'm a Fair in BE & Porcelain in B&B.

I have had blushers from Lily Lolo in the past and they were very nice but I can't remember which ones I had, sorry! All I can remember is that the best one was a pale pink, some of the Lily Lolo blushers are quite sparkly but I think it is indicated on the website which are and which aren't. I've only used one Laura Geller blush which was lovely, but I avoid quite a few of hers as I don't like blush which has a gold shimmer. I actually use a Givenchy face prisme powder (in pinks) for my blush which was expensive but has lasted me forever. It is meant as an all over face powder but I'm very pale so it works as a lovely blush on me.

I was meaning to ask this question too but got carried away talking about the foundation! I would like to try the blushers. I really wish they did samples as it's difficult to tell why would suit without trying them out. I've never used LG ethereal rose but do have LG baby cakes and whilst I do like all the colours I wear pink grapefruit the most.

They did use to do sample blushers (quite a few years ago) but they came in a little bag and were a nightmare to get anything out of. I'm away for work at the mo, but I will have a scrounge around at home and see if I can find one kicking around and let you know the name. I'll also look at the website and see if it kick starts any memory!

Ok, having looked at the Lily Lolo website I think I had Doll Face (nice colour, little sparkly for me), Candy Girl (again nice but a bit sparkly) and Ooh La La (smidge too dark no shimmer). I think this was why I didn't re-purchase - the two shimmery ones were too sparkly and the matte was too flat on me. I know, super picky! As far as I remember they were pretty true to colour, i.e. they look pretty much the same in real life as on the website.

I use both BnB (in porcelain) and Lily Lolo. Love both. I find that I get a sheerer coverage with Lily Lolo. I used to get a "powdery" finish with BnB but I started using a different brush to apply and it's now perfect.

Hi Charlie I sometimes get a powdery finish with BnB too, could you tell me which brush you are using now?

With the cold weather I have temporarily changed from BnB to Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector which is a liquid foundation but hate spreading gunk on my face. I'm wearing Laura's Blush N Brighten in Pink Buttercream over it on my cheeks.

Hi Charlie I sometimes get a powdery finish with BnB too, could you tell me which brush you are using now?

With the cold weather I have temporarily changed from BnB to Garnier's Miracle Skin Perfector which is a liquid foundation but hate spreading gunk on my face. I'm wearing Laura's Blush N Brighten in Pink Buttercream over it on my cheeks.

I am using a Sigma brush, not sure which number. It's like a long handled kabuki but with shorter hairs. When I first got it I thought that it would apply powders far too thickly but it's great, I find I can really work in powders much easier. It was quite expensive but I have used it with quite a few different powders and seen a noticeable improvement with them all.

Wow, thanks Charlie for your efforts in helping with the blusher. Seems I might have to go for a completely matt one and add a bit of highlighter as I don't really like the sparkly ones on me

Wow, thanks Charlie for your efforts in helping with the blusher. Seems I might have to go for a completely matt one and add a bit of highlighter as I don't really like the sparkly ones on me

You are welcome! That's what I'm like - I prefer to put the highlight where I want it and if I want it.

I am using a Sigma brush, not sure which number. It's like a long handled kabuki but with shorter hairs. When I first got it I thought that it would apply powders far too thickly but it's great, I find I can really work in powders much easier. It was quite expensive but I have used it with quite a few different powders and seen a noticeable improvement with them all.

Thanks Charlie for posting this. The 'shorter hairs' and 'powders far too thickly' prompted me to realise that as I am using a retractable brush and the inconsistencies in application that I am getting were due to me opening the brush out more or less. So I opened it less and BnB is applied perfectly.

I hope you don't mind me digging up this old thread but I'm after some advice on the colour of BnB. I currently use the BE Medium Beige and take a Warm Sand (2.5) in Bobbi Brown, but would like to try some LG. Would I be ok going for the Medium, or maybe try the fair? I have a feeling Tan would be too dark for me. Thanks in advance

I wear warm sand in BB, Light in BE and with LG I can wear both fair and regular. Its weird but true. I end up with the fair in the winter and medium in the summer. However my shades of BE and BB are always spot on. Medium Beige is a bit too dark for me in BE.

@nailprincess i use fair for lg. i'm reasonably pale, burn easily with mousey blonde hair and blue eyes. can't compare with any other foundations as haven't used them. julia roberts uses medium i think.

I hope you don't mind me digging up this old thread but I'm after some advice on the colour of BnB. I currently use the BE Medium Beige and take a Warm Sand (2.5) in Bobbi Brown, but would like to try some LG. Would I be ok going for the Medium, or maybe try the fair? I have a feeling Tan would be too dark for me. Thanks in advance

I've used he BE in medium beige and although I liked it, I got fed up with the mess. I've been using BnB in Medium (or Regular as my purchase of last week was called) for a few years now. I've bought fair, medium and tan over the last 18 months and I think that knowing the shades you have used in other ranges, the fair option of BnB would be too light. I bought the tan to use in the summer when I get a bit of colour but found it too dark.

Latest posts

Back